Eurovision 2015

Eurovision has the highest number of viewers per single event in the whole of Europe and with China also screening it for the first time and Australia it is likely to be one of the most watched events in the whole world.

Which only confirms how awful the artists are, since almost none of them "make it" after participating in it. (ABBA is an exception!)

At least it's lucrative for the television stations.

Only a matter of time before it is WorldaVision.

Most of the artists were just screaching into the microphone. Without sound mixing etc. they do sound pretty poor. Little rhythm and not the tap along which transcends language barriers.

Oh well lots of people had a good time which is what it is all about, I suppose.

Love the Eurovision song contest. Watch it every year. Buy the CD's too.

I used to think Terry Wogan was great and would be irreplaceable. I was wrong.

Graham Norton is equally great at delivering wit and humour with his dead pan quips - absolutely smashing entertainment over a small dinner party.

Love it :clap::D:clap:

For all those good friends who like Eurovision.

I think that it is terrible. I wonder why Brussels wanted Sweden to win this year?

I think that it is terrible. I wonder why Brussels wanted Sweden to win this year?

I was surprised Russia did so well too?

Sometimes it does seem like horse trading behind closed doors the way points are awarded :rolleyes:

Eurovision has the highest number of viewers per single event in the whole of Europe and with China also screening it for the first time and Australia it is likely to be one of the most watched events in the whole world.

Australia has been screening it for 30 years and it has a very large cult following. That's why they were invited to participate and why they did so well. They have a very large European population.

If it was my responsibility for the team song I would seek out someone like Bjorn/Benny to write a decent one for next year, not the screechings and wailings of this year.
Happy, good foot tapping rhythm etc.

Nothing to do with Brussels, was it ?

What's the 1st prize ? Or is it for the boasting rights ?

Nothing to do with Brussels, was it ?

What's the 1st prize ? Or is it for the boasting rights ?

1st prize is the right to host it the following year. If I remember correctly, during the 90s Ireland won it year after year - in the end they were desperate not win again as they couldn't afford it!

Last year's Humpledink, or whatever, was a British plot not to have this year's in London, then.

You are right Pat, as there are good many ballads in this one compared to previous years.

This one has grown on me. Keep your eyes on the piano as Graham pointed out :LOL:

Should the UK avoid the annual humiliation and bow out of the contest?

Should the UK avoid the annual humiliation and bow out of the contest? Or perhaps start entering songs that don’t sound like a malfunctioning dentist’s drill?

Just three countries across the whole of Europe gave the UK points on Saturday. Aside from France, Austria and Germany, every other performer got more points than us. The Latvian woman dressed as a sex aid got more points than us.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/may/25/eurovision-song-contest-time-for-brexit

See your point but let them have their fun blowing out their prejudices.
The Nordics all vote for each other etc. Perhaps the vote should be more secret somehow and then maybe it would be fairer. Trouble is the vote is like the highlight.
A really good song would still win imho

See your point but let them have their fun blowing out their prejudices.
The Nordics all vote for each other etc. Perhaps the vote should be more secret somehow and then maybe it would be fairer. Trouble is the vote is like the highlight.
A really good song would still win imho

It's all a bit of a laff and good ol entertainment imo but what do I know :LOL:

People know what Eurovision is about and should get real with the program.

Great institution that it has become and may it long live.

I reckon Olly Murs would be great.

These two fellas didn't do too badly. It's all about being spritely and having a bit of jest for life. (y)

Sooo good they were entered twice in 2011 and 2012 :cool:

Enjoy :cheesy: