Eurostoxx50.co.uk

Helenqu

Established member
Hi all,

Just to let you know that the site is about to be closed . I have had an injunction this morning from the Eurostoxx50 exchange who after 2-1/2 years of our being open have just decided that we are infringing copyright by existing!
Today I'm going to try and relocate most of the useful information to thetradepit.com and open up a new board(s) on there to replace the site.

I feel pretty gutted about this :(

Sorry to hear that Helen, seems a bit petty, seeing as it had been going for so long.

It was a good site and a great effort on your part. Good luck with the future endeavours.

Helenqu,

I've visited your site several times in the past. I can understand you would feel 'gutted' today as I'm sure it took an enormous amount of time to get it off the ground. For what it is worth, I personally thought the design was well thought out and exceptionally clear and appealing. You should feel proud of your achievement with it. It's hard to get a website off the ground and I'm sorry you've had your wings clipped with this project. It's undeserved.

Thanks both for your comments. The site is running now until midnight if there is anyhting that anyone wants to copy tonight is the time to do it. There's a lot of data/backtesting and systems stuff on there that I just don;t have time to copy now. It's such an awful waste of a resource :(

Helenqu said:
Thanks both for your comments. The site is running now until midnight if there is anyhting that anyone wants to copy tonight is the time to do it. There's a lot of data/backtesting and systems stuff on there that I just don;t have time to copy now. It's such an awful waste of a resource :(

Helen

Have you got all the data from the site backed up ?

Stew

Hiya, yes but it's a huge file even though it's zipped. Also I wouldn't have a clue what to do to restore it anywhere :)

Helen,

It seems a great pity to lose such a good resource. I assume the issue is with the site name - is there any way that you can just change the web address / domain name and carry on?

Bunyip said:
Helen,

It seems a great pity to lose such a good resource. I assume the issue is with the site name - is there any way that you can just change the web address / domain name and carry on?
Seems a sensible suggestion

its amazing that they let it go on that long since you were obviously taking advantage of someone else's branding - but since they did let it go for such a long period - it maybe that there is a reason - so you might want to get a lawyer to check it out - maybe your position is stronger than you think

Hi Helen

Sorry to hear about the site.
You would think the more people that know about the Stoxx the better for the exchange :rolleyes:

Hi Helen,

Just to say many thanks for all the work you put into the site over the past couple of years. It was a great resource, and I'm very sorry it's going.

Thanks for the comments all. I'm not sure I have the energy/enthusiasm left to start it up again. It was always run for fun and I funded it totally. Yes it's a loss but those who frequented it got something out of it as I did by running it. Life moves on I guess.

Just to let you know Austin has now started posting the "Economic Announcments" onto thetradepit as he did previously on ESTX I know that quite a few people use them so I hope you are able to fnd them now :)

eurostoxx50.co.uk

This domain name is available to register ... eurostoxx may have served an injunction, but they hardly seem bothered about protecting their trademark if they don't register the domain name after what they did to Helen...