Europe's Liberation Started With Brexit

So half the country didn't vote.

Yep, looks that way. But whatever way we look at it, a great number of people are dissatisfied with the EU project.

The referendum result is both a crushing defeat and an emphatic victory for Hungary's prime minister.
On the one hand, Viktor Orban led a prominent, expensive and relentless anti-EU and anti-migrant referendum campaign but failed to persuade most Hungarians to vote.
On the other hand, those who did vote sided with him almost unanimously, allowing him to trumpet that a higher percentage of Hungarians voted against EU migrant quotas than voted for EU membership 13 years ago.

Those eu leaders must be slightly concerned their stupidity is reaping their demise.

Those eu leaders must be slightly concerned their stupidity is reaping their demise.

Lagarde and Co. have their heads firmly stuck up their Ars3s and won't see it coming. Oh dear such a waste of effort. Probably never to be attempted again.

Lagarde and Co. have their heads firmly stuck up their Ars3s and won't see it coming. Oh dear such a waste of effort. Probably never to be attempted again.

There is a theory out there saying that when central banks will fail the IMF will be the only one left to bail them out and "save the world" from economic collapse. So far when LTCM failed, Wall Street bailed them out and when Wall Street failed, the Fed bailed them out.

Sounds weird and I don't even know if it's possible as it is beyond my understanding of how the world works when it comes to banking and economies, but your post reminded me of it.

Attachments

• Timetable.PNG
    Timetable.PNG
    512.1 KB · Views: 206
French pm warns of Europe breaking apart

"He said France must continue to open up its economy, not least by cutting corporate taxation, while Germany and the EU as a whole must increase investment that would stimulate growth and job creation, as well as boosting defense."

A broken record, playing as well in the US.

If corporate taxes -- and, I assume, taxes on the wealthy -- continue to be cut, where is the EU going to get the money to "increase investment etc"? Borrow it? That's how the US debt got to where it is. So those in charge scream "austerity", which translates into screw the middle class, which results in further sluggishness, in Europe as everywhere else.

Trading day to lock in the diary.

It's a Sunday, look forward to the open in Asia on the Monday.

What do we think? Short the Euro this time? The difference here compared to the 2 previous 'market' days is that it's relatively low key so far, therefore the poles could actually be accurate in representing the voter sentiment.

Will the market price this in? The Thursday and Friday before will be as interesting as the Sunday/ Monday openings.

Didn't she call our Brit supermen a load of poofs ?
Got rejected I suppose.

It is, always, the same group on these threads. When one thread dries up, you start another one! I was about to get involved,too, but, apart from this comment, I'll pass.

About the title. We can be proud of being British. It's a good nationality to have but , of all the good things about them, I can't recall them leading the charge in anything.

It is, always, the same group on these threads. When one thread dries up, you start another one! I was about to get involved,too, but, apart from this comment, I'll pass.

About the title. We can be proud of being British. It's a good nationality to have but , of all the good things about them, I can't recall them leading the charge in anything.

Only when it really matters. :LOL: