Europe's Liberation Started With Brexit

It is, always, the same group on these threads. When one thread dries up, you start another one! I was about to get involved,too, but, apart from this comment, I'll pass.

About the title. We can be proud of being British. It's a good nationality to have but , of all the good things about them, I can't recall them leading the charge in anything.[/QUOTE]
Split, my old china: have you started on the Christmas Tempranillo early this year?

Brits have at various times led the charge in: engineering, science, technology, computing, aviation, literature, the arts, philosophy, democracy, military. Several times, the Brits have sorted out the Europeans (Spanish Armada, Trafalgar, Battle of Britain). Brits have also excelled in union militancy, football hooliganism, drunken and raucous public behaviour and exploitative colonialism and treating foreign chappies as lesser beings.

I can think of no other country where the achievement/per square mile index is so high. :)

It is, always, the same group on these threads. When one thread dries up, you start another one! I was about to get involved,too, but, apart from this comment, I'll pass.

About the title. We can be proud of being British. It's a good nationality to have but , of all the good things about them, I can't recall them leading the charge in anything.[/QUOTE]
Split, my old china: have you started on the Christmas Tempranillo early this year?

Brits have at various times led the charge in: engineering, science, technology, computing, aviation, literature, the arts, philosophy, democracy, military. Several times, the Brits have sorted out the Europeans (Spanish Armada, Trafalgar, Battle of Britain). Brits have also excelled in union militancy, football hooliganism, drunken and raucous public behaviour and exploitative colonialism and treating foreign chappies as lesser beings.

I can think of no other country where the achievement/per square mile index is so high. :)

Living in the past?/the achievement/per square mile index is so high

How about public transport charges? You lead the way there, all right!

sorry about my intrusion here but please do not bring football into this......you guys have not any idea.....:LOL:

Last edited:
English people can be very weird, I remember Tony one of my drinking mate, usually after his tenth pint he would start to eat his empty glass......Yes I know we were wild kids but it seemed a bit too much for myself....after his ninth pint I would normally quietly change pub and leave him there with his glass....

Last edited:
English people can be very weird, I remember Tony one of my drinking mate, usually after his tenth pint he would start to eat his empty glass......Yes I know we were wild kids but it seemed a bit too much for me....

Alan Turing used to go to work in his pyjamas and converted some of his wages into silver ingots which he buried in the grounds of Bletchley Park and have never been found since.

Alan Turing used to go to work in his pyjamas and converted some of his wages into silver ingots which he buried in the grounds of Bletchley Park and have never been found since.

yes I think I saw a movie about him a while back...

The Imitation Game

Must have reached rock bottom on that when we were beaten by some amateurs from Iceland. Gordon Bennett.
At £100,000 + per week per player we may do better.

Iceland was a decent team at that time.....

We all lose..... Italy lost against South Korea in 1966 and again in Japan/Korea I think....

Those bl@ody Koreans can be very slippery at times.....and quick...

Last edited:
There comes a time when The Old Masters must give way to their pupils I guess.
We gotta live with being 2nd best also rans. No problem.

Attachments

• oops-never-mind.jpg
    oops-never-mind.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
The elites demonstrate once again that they are untouchable.

On with the revolution then !

Will be interesting to see what Farage and co make of it.