Euro/$---GBP/$ Where now?

Hello Guys,

Does the DJ Newswire service that comes with Deal4Free send out the interest rate decision immediately? Where can I find it ASAP?

Thanks

it's supposed to Lord N, but imo they're pretty unreliable at the best of times.....I remember you mentioning you don't have access to business news channels at the mo?!....I catch mine via Bloomers....you lookin to jump on & hold tight??..... :D or maybe catch a reverse thrust (if any)

Euros done well considering the battering it was taking earlier.

Two 'good till cancelled orders' might be appropriate before the rates decisions come through.

Euro looking towards 118 at the moment, however tomorrow’s rate decision will be mostly anticipated by all. Lets see.

How’s your trades going Buk?

yeah, an impressive v bottom fightback!!....wasn't looking too cracky earlier that's for sure, got it's second wind :D ....still 'managing' a positional short from early yesterday on cable, so good air in between....had a couple stabs on the daily shorts this p.m.....not a bad day all told....you been out & about today??

Haven't been really trading this week. I should be in tomarrow though hence thinking about two good till cancelled orders. Lets see!?!

Which way you thinking of standing for tomarrow?

I'm tweaking me stops at the mo, will be up & deskbound at the crack of dawn (as per usual) so will have a peek at the overnight & get me bearings.....I'll look at it early doors & post then!

Yeah, no Bloomberg terminal now that I've been sacked... pity, it was quite useful.

Yeah, I've been lucky enough to put on positions on top of news recently... it does move quickly, but not so fast that you cant get on before its too late.

Where can I get Bloomberg TV?

good for you Lord N.... :D sorry, can't help ya on the Bloomers question...over to another kind soul.

looks like the 2 pairs could continue their steady leg up after reversing sharply, I'm currently playing a small long (cable) on the trendline bounce this morning (1 min), see where she goes.....won't hang around too long with it though, never certain what the hell will happen come the news release!.....

(user), personally I'm not playing either side of the news today, gonna maybe take some off the table on my cable short & give it room to shake about (if it actually does of course)....I'm more interested in tomorrow's action to be honest.....

apologies folks....part of that previous post was a little wooly..... :( ....the 'long' is at 8270, positive signals/trendline bounce & overnight, early morning supp kick. targeting the top of the trendline (on the 15 min) and a previous area of noise at 8350/60....if you're gonna post, may as well explain the reasonings...... :-0.......stop moved to 285 locking in profit

hmmm, smacking against a little turbulence at 316 (top of yesterday's bottom fightback)....could cap it here short term....letting it run anyway's, see what occurs.

Last edited:
half banked at 316......let half run to tgt or stop out (moved up to 295)

stop moved to 310. (8.10am)

Last edited:
closed out remaing half at 336.....target (top spike) reached.

Don't ask me why, but I've put two positions on the Euro:

Short at: 12200
Long at: 12200

Stop Loss 25points away.

Hope it swings MORE then 25 points in either direction! Then I win.

Lets see

:cheesy: ....good luck with it, hope the wind blows (at least) one way & keeps on gustin!!!!...... :D

Lost nothing, gained nothing! :rolleyes:

One got stopped, then closed the other myself. 0 points lost/gained :cheesy:

Some may say the reversal in trend has been confirmed by recent breaches of support lines. I still feel we have upside left to come which should bring us back to highs.

The Euro yesterday held above 12130, this I feel will trigger moves back towards 12350. A close above 124 for the week will no doubt give bullish momentum with a shuffle back to highs.

On the other hand if the Non-Farm Payroll numbers are great then this would no doubt push the euro towards 118 sooner rather then later.

Goodluck with all your trades :rolleyes: :cool: :rolleyes:

HEY!!!!....you just woke this sleepy bear from his slumber (yaaaawwwn)...thought it was (1.30 already) time to come out to play again...... :cheesy: :cheesy:

trying to sneak in the back door jonnyy by the looks of things :D ....will start to look more genuine if it can crank over the hourly trendline maybe?....see what the old payroll party brings us.