EUR/USD most active hours?

ilia king

Hi everyone,

I am rather interested to know when the EUR/USD has its most active hours, when it starts to get active. Based on the forex market time chart (attaches), it should be 7,8,13,14,15 london time. I would be grateful if anyone has allready researched this and is willing to share his/her information. I have done a small chart based on 15 days worth of data which is attached, and it seems to confirm the forex market time chart.

I would appreciate any comments

Thank you very much Ilia

Attachments

• fx times.jpg
    fx times.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 7,676
  • forex.png
    forex.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 1,575
Times to be aware of: 3:00 am (start of London Session) 8:00am(start of NY session) 5:30am(data/news release) 9:30am (London session ends) All time are EST.

Data / News release time

swingkong said:
Times to be aware of: 3:00 am (start of London Session) 8:00am(start of NY session) 5:30am(data/news release) 9:30am (London session ends) All time are EST.

Sorry SwingKong but just want to check if the 5:30 AM is correct - seems very early in EST ?.

London Session ends 14:30 ?

swingkong said:

No offense, just trying to clarify.
There's 5 hours difference between New York and London so if London Session ends 09:30 AM EST that would be 14:30 BST (British Summer time). I thought London closed 16:30 BST and therefore 11:30 EST ?.