ETX Spreads slippage

China Diapers

Established member
Anybody out there who uses/has used ETX for spreads?

I have an account with IG who charge a 0.10% spread for FTSE 100 stocks, I see ETX are cheaper at 0.08%. Is there any catch involved here, higher slippage etc.?

They don't have a demo account unfortunately. Something I like about IG charts is I can set them to show the mid, ask or bid, does ETX have this feature?

Anything else I should know?

Thanks

Anybody out there who uses/has used ETX for spreads?

I have an account with IG who charge a 0.10% spread for FTSE 100 stocks, I see ETX are cheaper at 0.08%. Is there any catch involved here, higher slippage etc.?

They don't have a demo account unfortunately. Something I like about IG charts is I can set them to show the mid, ask or bid, does ETX have this feature?

Anything else I should know?

Thanks

I dont trade individual stocks so dont know what the the spread is.

But yes ETX have the exact same charts as ig.
And so you can view mid/as/bid

Thanks Mike. I did notice it but didn't think there was much point asking my question there as Rob is unlikely to admit "yes we have cheaper spreads than IG but rape you on the slippage" :)

I seem to recall reading somewhere that there is a demo account option with etx once you have opened a live account with them. You can log into either.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that there is a demo account option with etx once you have opened a live account with them. You can log into either.

I trade with ETX, I dont think there is that facility, but as for slippage..none. Certainly never that i've noticed, whereas with every other ive tried, there is always

Apologies if thats right, Must be getting mixed up with another broker.

I trade with ETX, I dont think there is that facility, but as for slippage..none. Certainly never that i've noticed, whereas with every other ive tried, there is always

Cheaper spreads and no slippage, sounds too good to be true :)

Thanks for the info malaguti

I did a bit of calculation - one example is more than 13%. Is that too much?

I checked the last few trades I did and they have an average of around 10% so if your example is typical it could negate the advantage of the cheaper spreads.

Thanks for the help Zen

If you read this thread you will see how brokers are using the virtual dealer plugin to control slippage and defraud their clients. If you try googling virtual dealer plugin you'll see there is a campaign to cover up the evidence about what is happening, many videos, posts and threads have been deleted over the past year or so.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...-restitution-14-2-million-settle-charges.html

Thanks for that. Looks like I may as well stick with IG until I can justify going DMA

ETX use the 'virtual dealer plugin', they admitted as much on another thread. All this talk about spreads is irrelevant, the designer slippage is where they are making their money from you.

Really where ?