ESIGNAL data is un reliable

Glenn,

I rang IB (technical assistance) and they did the switch for me.

Regards
Graham

OK thanks Graham.
That's a useful backup.
(I assume that the European servers handle US stocks)

Cheers
Glenn

I am.
Can't guarantee it'll work but I have heard of some success from people using this solution.

Others have deleted the data manager file and then re-installed it which also fixed the problem for some

(no guarantess though :()

I am.
Can't guarantee it'll work but I have heard of some success from people using this solution.

Others have deleted the data manager file and then re-installed it which also fixed the problem for some

(no guarantess though :()

OK thanks again.
At the moment when I run tracert 216.23.227.9 I get consistent timeouts at the last Esignal server, so unless version 8 addresses a different server, the problem remains unresolved. I was hoping that they had a temporary server problem at their end.:confused:
Glenn

I am having terrible problems with esignal delays as well.

I am using version 8 build 782.

Just cant trade with these delays :(

Just cant trade with these delays :(
Hi BTippen,
I've been having delays too over the past few days (not so bad today) and I feared it was something to do with my PC. However, it's new, well up to spec' and I only ever use it for trading. Besides eSignal, the only other application open is I.B.'s trading platform - with which I've had no problem. I have a 2nd (old and knackered) PC for e-mail and surfing etc. which shares the same internet connection and I've had no issues with that. So, to my mind, this rules out problems with my ISP and the new PC and points a finger towards eSignal. Hearing that other users are having problems rather confirms this view. If the situation doesn't clear up early next week, I'll get on to support and see what they've got to say.
Tim.

Hi BTippen,
I've been having delays too over the past few days (not so bad today) and I feared it was something to do with my PC. However, it's new, well up to spec' and I only ever use it for trading. Besides eSignal, the only other application open is I.B.'s trading platform - with which I've had no problem. I have a 2nd (old and knackered) PC for e-mail and surfing etc. which shares the same internet connection and I've had no issues with that. So, to my mind, this rules out problems with my ISP and the new PC and points a finger towards eSignal. Hearing that other users are having problems rather confirms this view. If the situation doesn't clear up early next week, I'll get on to support and see what they've got to say.
Tim.

I am still getting the problems since i down graded to version 8 r 1.

Are u?

Hi BTippen,
Yes, I am still having some problems, but nothing like as bad as they were at the time of my last post. I spoke to support at eSignal and they said that the problems I was having are not universal. Certainly, other users I know here on T2W told me that everything is / was fine with them. The only suggestion they made was that every once in a while I completely disconnect my router, as this is the most obvious cause of the problem. (I have 3 PC's running and connected to the internet). I think this helps, although it's hard to say for certain as the problem is very intermittent. Even so, it might be worth you giving it a try. I'm using the latest version of eSignal - whatever that is, 10.1???
Tim.

Once or twice recently I've found there is a slight delay between level 2 bid ask and trades printing on T&S.
My own trades sometimes are delayed by 3-4 seconds, but not today; everything was perfect.
Richard

I got so fed up with esignal delays Ive switched my broker from IB to Lightspeed. Lightspeed offer a Awsome level 2. On friday esignal had very bad delays but I can now see exacly whats happening on my LS L2 so it doesnt effect my trading hardly at all. Also since ive switched to LS i havent had 1 stuck bid or ask on the L2 which happened on almost every stock on esignals L2.

In fact theres so many things that r better with LS and esignal I would be here for ages listing them all.