ESIGNAL data is un reliable

Grey1

This is the first time I have been complaining about a data feed but recently there has been a MAJOR delay on esignal's data feed which has been making mess of my analysis .
Has any 1 else had similar problem ?

If any one from esignal is reading this please do some thing about it or you will lose loads of business to other venders.

Grey1

This is the first time I have been complaining about a data feed but recently there has been a MAJOR delay on esignal's data feed which has been making mess of my analysis .
Has any 1 else had similar problem ?

If any one from esignal is reading this please do some thing about it or you will lose loads of business to other venders.

Grey1

Hi Grey1
I'm having the same problem as you know.
Also today IB TWS quotes keeps freezing.
I have tested my broadband across to New York and I'm getting Just under 4MB.

Glenn

Hi Grey1
I'm having the same problem as you know.
Also today IB TWS quotes keeps freezing.
I have tested my broadband across to New York and I'm getting Just under 4MB.

Glenn

thank you

what can we do about it .. i just sent u an email

iraj

I know that it is possible to specify which server to get your data from with IB but I cannot remember how to do it. I will look into it though.

Paul

I know that it is possible to specify which server to get your data from with IB but I cannot remember how to do it. I will look into it though.

Paul
Paul

What data provider do you use and have you ever had any problem with it,, Any issue with historical down load ?

grey1

I used IQ feed and have not had major issues using it. The one thing they don't do is filter the data so occasionally you get a spike but it is not something that I have had real problems with.

Paul

Grey1,

I've been having problems of late with my quotes (VisualCharts). I reckon it may be partly due to the increased activity in the market but this shouldn't be an excuse. It's a question of reliability and hence your confidence. You don't want your system to go down while you have positions in a particularly volatile market.

I've tried just about every system (US, UK and Europe) at the retail level, and I came to the conclusion none are good enough.The only alternative is a more expensive one (CQG at c £350 a month is favourite). It is expensive, but the greater efficiency, speed and reliability should pay for the difference (hopefully).

Grant.

Grey1,

I've been having problems of late with my quotes (VisualCharts). I reckon it may be partly due to the increased activity in the market but this shouldn't be an excuse. It's a question of reliability and hence your confidence. You don't want your system to go down while you have positions in a particularly volatile market.

I've tried just about every system (US, UK and Europe) at the retail level, and I came to the conclusion none are good enough.The only alternative is a more expensive one (CQG at c £350 a month is favourite). It is expensive, but the greater efficiency, speed and reliability should pay for the difference (hopefully).

Grant.

Thanks Grant,, if esignal does not clear its act I will move to CQG ,,

Grey1

I cancelled my esignal datafeed when I discovered during side-by-side tests that their quotes weren't keeping up with the (free) transact datafeed for the ES.

It's just a no brainer.

Grant is right regards CQG, it is a cut above anything else on a retail level, though you certainly pay for the privelege.

I cancelled my esignal datafeed when I discovered during side-by-side tests that their quotes weren't keeping up with the (free) transact datafeed for the ES.

It's just a no brainer.

Grant is right regards CQG, it is a cut above anything else on a retail level, though you certainly pay for the privelege.

Hi Sambinho
Are you using CQG software for charting, or some other package ?
Grey1, Trader333 and I, among many others, are using Tradestation with Radar screen, which to us is essential for detailed analysis of multiple stocks.
Grey1 and I are looking for a reliable data feed to drive Tradestation Radar screens.
On the CQG website there is no mention of such a third-party facility.

Glenn

Hi Glenn, I'm afraid I wouldn't know about datafeeds for individual stocks as I'm purely a futures guy.

All I could suggest is to get in touch with CQG and ask them whether their data can provide you with the solution you require for Tradestation.

Sorry I can't be of more help!

Glenn,

Are you with the American server with IB,the reason i ask is i had a problem with iB freezing which was cured by changing to the european server.

Regards
Graham

Glenn,

Are you with the American server with IB,the reason i ask is i had a problem with iB freezing which was cured by changing to the european server.

Regards
Graham

Hi Graham
Thanks for that info, very useful.
Frankly I haven't a clue which IB server is connected here.
Do you have any more detail on these choices - like how to switch from one to another ?
Glenn

Glenn,

It is listed in configuration settings as follows:

Peer=gw1.ibllc.ch:4000

I think this is the European one and I seem to remember that you have to specify it when installing TWS

Paul

Glenn,

It is listed in configuration settings as follows:

Peer=gw1.ibllc.ch:4000

I think this is the European one and I seem to remember that you have to specify it when installing TWS

Paul

Hi Paul
Does this mean re-installing TWS or can the current installation be altered ?
I can't find any Config options relating to it.

Glenn

Last edited:
To be honest Glenn I cannot quite remember. I will try and be more specific but it was at least 4 years ago that I was playing around with this for the same reasons as you have now.

Paul