ES Trading

Re: Gold

Where is the monumental crash in gold prices the mainstream media was harping on about just the other week? All I keep seeing are buying opportunities.

Maybe this is just a dead cat bounce? Gold is nearly $1600 again when only the other week every gold bear on the planet was calling the end of the bull run! I would have expected gold to be below $1500 by now especially with all the recovery hype.

My figuring tells me it won’t be long before the gold price is back above $1600 again. I suppose we’ll find out Friday which direction gold will head. I suspect this was the one last buying opportunity the gold bulls wanted because they know the US Congress will crack and give in to Obama’s spending demands and this will be bullish for gold.

Let’s see how wrong or how right I am on Friday. Either way, I am still buying gold on the dips.

08:33 - GCJ3 @ 1598.20

09:05 - GCJ3 @ 1603.50

Today, Bloomberg says that the price of Gold is rising because the US Economy is recovering.

Bullish Bets Jump Most Since July as Gold Rebounds: Commodities
Bullish Bets Jump Most Since July as Gold Rebounds: Commodities - Bloomberg

Investors increased wagers on a commodity rally by the most in eight months as signs of a U.S. economic recovery bolstered the outlook for demand and drove rallies in crude oil, cotton, copper and gold.

My guess is that before the ćock crows twice, Bloomberg will say that the price of Gold is rising because of the Cypriot 'crisis'. People around the world are learning the hard way that one of the only ways to protect your wealth and purchasing power is to own PHYSICAL GOLD outside of the Financial system.

09:05 - GCJ3 @ 1603.50

Today, Bloomberg says that the price of Gold is rising because the US Economy is recovering.

Bullish Bets Jump Most Since July as Gold Rebounds: Commodities
Bullish Bets Jump Most Since July as Gold Rebounds: Commodities - Bloomberg

My guess is that before the ćock crows twice, Bloomberg will say that the price of Gold is rising because of the Cypriot 'crisis'. People around the world are learning the hard way that one of the only ways to protect your wealth and purchasing power is to own PHYSICAL GOLD outside of the Financial system.

Just over 1 hour later...:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Euro, Stocks Drops; Gold, German Bonds Rally on Cyprus
Euro, Stocks Drops; Gold, German Bonds Rally on Cyprus - Bloomberg
By Jason Clenfield & Adam Haigh - Mar 18, 2013 10:06 AM GMT

EVERYTHING IS KNOWN IN ADVANCE!:smart:

Gold Sales From Soros Reveal 12-Year Bull Run Decay: Commodities
Gold Sales From Soros Reveal 12-Year Bull Run Decay: Commodities - Bloomberg

1,2,3,4,5 Bloomberg working over-time!

LOL @ Bloomberg...how many times per week do they need to remind everyone that Gold's bull run is over, dead, finished, kaput...:LOL::LOL:

What a great philanthropist Soro's is...letting us all know when he is selling...:LOL:

11:41 GCJ3 @ 1591.90

Goldman Bearish Gold Call Overrun by Inflation: Argentina Credit
Goldman Bearish Gold Call Overrun by Inflation: Argentina Credit - Bloomberg

Argentines are buying more gold than ever to protect their savings from the Western Hemisphere’s fastest inflation as the country’s bonds suffer the worst returns in developing nations.

What? They aren't buying US dollars as a safe haven? :LOL::LOL:

Surely they are buying gold because the US economy is improving...or is it because of the Cyprus thing....is there a war somewhere? :rolleyes:

Don't they know Soros is selling? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Where is the monumental crash in gold prices the mainstream media was harping on about just the other week? All I keep seeing are buying opportunities.

Maybe this is just a dead cat bounce? Gold is nearly $1600 again when only the other week every gold bear on the planet was calling the end of the bull run! I would have expected gold to be below $1500 by now especially with all the recovery hype.

My figuring tells me it won’t be long before the gold price is back above $1600 again. I suppose we’ll find out Friday which direction gold will head. I suspect this was the one last buying opportunity the gold bulls wanted because they know the US Congress will crack and give in to Obama’s spending demands and this will be bullish for gold.

Let’s see how wrong or how right I am on Friday. Either way, I am still buying gold on the dips.

08:33 - GCJ3 @ 1598.20

16:36 - GCJ3 @ 1612.40

Gold has broken above US$1610 which most likely means the gold bulls smell bear blood and have their horns sharpened and ready for attack...:devilish:

So is this yet another 'suckers rally' in the gold market? After all they hype and bluster about the end of the bull run now that economies all over the place are recovering etc..etc...etc...gold is trading above US$1600...How is Bloomberg going to spin this?

Will this fizzle? Goldman Sachs is determined to get people to sell all of their gold...What's in it for them?

Inflation

Mar 30, 2012, 7:27am

Greater motivation hinges on whether or not you believe rising prices are a consequence of inflating the money supply. This then takes us back to the original discussion on the interest rates Governments pay on their bonds. If investors suspect that a Government is over inflating they will demand higher interest rates on the bonds. Don’t bother replying because I already know you disagree so it’s just a moot point.

My main point about shadow stats is that they earn a living by charging customers money for their statistical analysis, so if it is inaccurate or unreliable, shadow stats will go out of business. If the Governments statistics are inaccurate or unreliable, other people go out of business. Who will hold the Government to account? The average person doesn’t even understand inflation let alone bother to keep track of it.

The point about the CPI and PPI brings me back again to whether or not you believe Governments are creating inflation (inflating the money supply) and which planet I live on. I contend that I live on planet earth and that Governments are massively inflating. The fact that some producers are absorbing the inflation in reduced margins means that the inflation hasn’t fully filtered through to consumers yet and therefore won’t show up in the CPI. Producers may be absorbing inflation in other ways like shrinking packaging or a reduction in quality. These things don’t show up in CPI but is still evidence of inflation. I assert that inflation will eventually become too high for producers to absorb. However, it doesn’t escape my attention that other countries are experiencing higher inflation than reported in the U.K and the U.S...two of the biggest debtor countries on the planet...surprise surprise...

Anyway, I’m not debating this any further. This is now a case of wait and see.

Items 'shrinking while prices rise'
Items 'shrinking while prices rise' - MSN News UK

Some big name brands are shrinking products by up to a quarter while keeping or even increasing the original price, a study has found.

So what planet is this? Stupid modern economists...:rolleyes:

16:36 - GCJ3 @ 1612.40

Gold has broken above US$1610 which most likely means the gold bulls smell bear blood and have their horns sharpened and ready for attack...:devilish:

So is this yet another 'suckers rally' in the gold market? After all they hype and bluster about the end of the bull run now that economies all over the place are recovering etc..etc...etc...gold is trading above US$1600...How is Bloomberg going to spin this?

Will this fizzle? Goldman Sachs is determined to get people to sell all of their gold...What's in it for them?

The answer to that is: Negatively! :LOL:

Nice work Bloomberg, good to see you're still trying to talk people out of owning gold...(y)

Gold Falls From 3-Week High as ETP Drop Overshadows Cyprus Woes
Gold Falls From 3-Week High as ETP Drop Overshadows Cyprus Woes - Bloomberg

“With all the bad news out there in terms of Cyprus and its potential wider implications many would probably have been looking for a decisive break above $1,620. As it has not happened, some long liquidation is lurking.”

Really? With all the good NEWS out there and your constant efforts to talk down gold I would have expected gold to make a decisive break below $1500 by now. Didn't the gold bubble burst in September 2011 after it hit around $1911/oz?

10:16 GCJ3 @ 1611.60

Name one speculative asset bubble in history where the price has remained only 15.7% below its peak price 18 months AFTER the bubble has burst :rolleyes:

U.K. House Prices Rise Most in Three Years on London Surge
U.K. House Prices Rise Most in Three Years on London Surge - Bloomberg

The Bank of England’s Funding for Lending program has helped ease credit conditions, while plans announced by the government last week to assist prospective homebuyers will also support the market, Hometrack said. It also said the weaker pound and turmoil in the euro area will continue to lure purchasers from abroad.

This is simply fantastic news isn't it? The destruction of the £GBP, the decimation of the manufacturing sector through endless cheap money and Government stimulus to support the only sector left in the UK...its precious 'ousing market. It's good to know that your money and my money is being used by the Government to help people get into debt and buy property they can't afford. They won't be able to afford to heat it or power it, and it will cost them more and more each month to put food in the fridge thanks to the currency debasement...but that doesn't matter because the Government is only interested in buying votes with taxpayer money.

We just need more stimulus, more cheap money and Government subsidies to get housing activity back to the frenetic levels that led to the collapse of the Banks causing the Global Financial Crisis...which will all be blamed on Capitalism... again :rolleyes:

But on the bright side, people will be able to say they own a prop-uh-ee...

P.S: It comes as no surprise that the surge in property prices is in London, the centre of Finance and Government.:rolleyes:

Re: Portfolio & Gold

Just added one of these to my portfolio! Very nice (y)

50 x 1 g Gold CombiBar

16:45 [email protected]

If my figuring is correct: Gold is bottoming out around this level (1570-1610) and I anticipate a breakout above $1650 within the next 2-3 months.

I added another 5 ounces to my bullion account and bought another Valcambi Combi bar today...they are brilliant (y)

I am still keeping plenty of powder dry for when the Gold price collapses due to the rosy outlook for the US economy or [INSERT BLOOMBERG REASON OF THE DAY]...:LOL:

Gold is Money

Gold is money.I know the gold haters think the idea of gold as money is hilarious, but who cares what they think!

The State of Arizona in the USA doesn't think it is funny. They want to do what Utah has already done.

SB 1439. (The Sound Money Bill.)
http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/51leg/1r/bills/sb1439p.pdf

12 2. "SPECIE" MEANS COIN OR BULLION HAVING GOLD OR SILVER CONTENT.

How long before people in Europe start demanding that Gold and Silver be used as its rightful roll as money instead of the Government created abomination known as the Euro?

Gold Ratio

Jun 4, 2011, 9:22am

I agree and that is why I think there hasn’t been much public participation in the stock market since the global financial crisis began. In regard to your view about the dollar and deflation, I think gold is replacing the dollar as the ‘flight to quality’ asset. The 5 day change for the S&P500 is (-2.2%), the dollar index is (-1.56%) and gold is +1.2%. As for the US raising interest rates, it will only make a difference if real interest rates are positive and is that likely to happen? The USA looks like it might lapse into another recession and has the FED ever tightened when the economy is that weak?

As far as deflation is concerned, when priced in real money (i.e. gold) there has already been deflation. In March 2009 when the stock market reached its lowest point the S&P500 was worth around 0.72 ounces of gold and today the S&P500 is worth about 0.84 ounces of gold, so the S&P500 hasn’t gained much in the last few years, 10 years ago the S&P500 was worth around 4.5 ounces of gold! If you compare the gold to S&P500 ratio from 1950 up until 1971 when the USA was on a gold standard you will notice that whenever the S&P500 costs less than an ounce of gold it is ‘cheap’ in relative terms. It is up to you to determine where you believe those ratios will meet.

Speculating is great fun!

Today the Gold/ES ratio has crossed the 1:1 mark. It has taken 4 years and $Trillions in Stimulus to move the Stockmarket up by about 39%.

07:29 [email protected]/[email protected]

Inflation

U.K. Shop-Price Inflation Quickens as BRC Notes Pound Weakness
U.K. Shop-Price Inflation Quickens as BRC Notes Pound Weakness - Bloomberg

U.K. shop-price inflation accelerated in March and the impact of the pound’s weakness on import prices is beginning to be felt, the British Retail Consortium said.

“As discretionary spending for the next few months is expected to remain flat at best, what upward pressure there is on prices is not coming from the consumer at the moment,” said Mike Watkins, head of retail at Nielsen.

How is everyone enjoying the inflation that Governments around the world are not creating apparently? :rolleyes:

I suppose we should all thank the Central Planners for defeating the nasty deflation bogeyman and "boosting exports" with their currency weakening policies.:rolleyes:

"upward pressure there is on prices is not coming from the consumer at the moment"

That's right...it's ALL coming from the wonderful Central Planners and the "massive advantage" they gain from being able to expand the money supply...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Article

A great article written by DAVID A. STOCKMAN. I pay attention to anyone who is attacked and criticized by the mainstream media...especially when they are attacked by the utter moron Paul "Print money" Krugman!

State-Wrecked: The Corruption of Capitalism in America
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/31/opinion/sunday/sundown-in-america.html?pagewanted=all&;_r=0&_r=0

Over the last 13 years, the stock market has twice crashed and touched off a recession: American households lost $5 trillion in the 2000 dot-com bust and more than $7 trillion in the 2007 housing crash. Sooner or later — within a few years, I predict — this latest Wall Street bubble, inflated by an egregious flood of phony money from the Federal Reserve rather than real economic gains, will explode, too.

Since the S.&P. 500 first reached its current level, in March 2000, the mad money printers at the Federal Reserve have expanded their balance sheet sixfold (to $3.2 trillion from $500 billion). Yet during that stretch, economic output has grown by an average of 1.7 percent a year (the slowest since the Civil War); real business investment has crawled forward at only 0.8 percent per year; and the payroll job count has crept up at a negligible 0.1 percent annually. Real median family income growth has dropped 8 percent, and the number of full-time middle class jobs, 6 percent. The real net worth of the “bottom” 90 percent has dropped by one-fourth. The number of food stamp and disability aid recipients has more than doubled, to 59 million, about one in five Americans.

THIS dyspeptic prospect results from the fact that we are now state-wrecked. With only brief interruptions, we’ve had eight decades of increasingly frenetic fiscal and monetary policy activism intended to counter the cyclical bumps and grinds of the free market and its purported tendency to underproduce jobs and economic output. The toll has been heavy.

The modern Keynesian state is broke, paralyzed and mired in empty ritual incantations about stimulating “demand,” even as it fosters a mutant crony capitalism that periodically lavishes the top 1 percent with speculative windfalls.

Within weeks of the Lehman Brothers bankruptcy in September 2008, Washington, with Wall Street’s gun to its head, propped up the remnants of this financial mess in a panic-stricken melee of bailouts and money-printing that is the single most shameful chapter in American financial history.

There was never a remote threat of a Great Depression 2.0 or of a financial nuclear winter, contrary to the dire warnings of Ben S. Bernanke, the Fed chairman since 2006. The Great Fear — manifested by the stock market plunge when the House voted down the TARP bailout before caving and passing it — was purely another Wall Street concoction. Had President Bush and his Goldman Sachs adviser (a k a Treasury Secretary) Henry M. Paulson Jr. stood firm, the crisis would have burned out on its own and meted out to speculators the losses they so richly deserved. The Main Street banking system was never in serious jeopardy, ATMs were not going dark and the money market industry was not imploding.

These policies have brought America to an end-stage metastasis. The way out would be so radical it can’t happen. It would necessitate a sweeping divorce of the state and the market economy. It would require a renunciation of crony capitalism and its first cousin: Keynesian economics in all its forms. The state would need to get out of the business of imperial hubris, economic uplift and social insurance and shift its focus to managing and financing an effective, affordable, means-tested safety net.

That, of course, will never happen because there are trillions of dollars of assets, from Shanghai skyscrapers to Fortune 1000 stocks to the latest housing market “recovery,” artificially propped up by the Fed’s interest-rate repression. The United States is broke — fiscally, morally, intellectually — and the Fed has incited a global currency war (Japan just signed up, the Brazilians and Chinese are angry, and the German-dominated euro zone is crumbling) that will soon overwhelm it. When the latest bubble pops, there will be nothing to stop the collapse. If this sounds like advice to get out of the markets and hide out in cash, it is.

Economic Depression

China President Xi Says Global Economic Recovery Remains Elusive
China President Xi Says Global Economic Recovery Remains Elusive - Bloomberg

Chinese President Xi Jinping said the global economy has entered a period of “profound readjustment” and recovery remains elusive.

Well duh! Only a scatterbrained moron could believe the "recovery" story the mainstream media keeps trying to convince us exists. Who in their right mind could actually believe that printing money can create anything but inflation?

THERE IS NO RECOVERY, GET IT?​

All the smart economists warned us in advance about the lessons we need to learn from History:Government interference PROLONGS a recession.

Murray Rothbard on Economic Recessions - YouTube

Gold

Trust in Gold Not Bernanke as U.S. States Promote Bullion
Trust in Gold Not Bernanke as U.S. States Promote Bullion - Bloomberg

Distrust of the Federal Reserve and concern that U.S. dollars may become worthless are fueling a push in more than a dozen states to recognize gold and silver coins as legal tender.

The U.S. Constitution bars states from coining money and also forbids them from making anything except gold and silver coin tender for paying debts. Advocates say that opens the door for the states to allow bullion as legal tender. The measure being considered in South Carolina would recognize foreign or domestic minted coins as legal tender.

Slowly but surely.(y)

End of the World Party
Medeski, Martin & Wood - End of the World Party - YouTube

Mainstream BS!

Japanese Rush to Sell Gold as Price in Yen Jumps
Japanese Rush to Sell Gold as Price in Yen Jumps - WSJ.com

The weak yen has triggered a gold rush, literally, among Japanese households, reflecting how bold new economic policies are shaking up long-entrenched deflationary attitudes, freeing up dormant assets, and sparking new economic activity

"bold new economic policies are shaking up long-entrenched deflationary attitudes"

Are they serious? What is new about printing money? What deflationary attitudes are they talking about? Central planners have been trying to frighten us with the deflation bogeyman ever since they seized control of the money supply.

History is littered with examples of debasement being used to "solve" the problem of Government overspending and failed economic policies.

Rome — The Denarius
China — Flying Money
France — Livres, Assignats, and Francs
Weimar Germany — Mark
USA -the continental
Plus don’t forget Argentina, Mexico, Zimbabwe...etc...etc..

This is why the mainstream media has ZERO CREDIBILITY!

Re: Portfolio & Gold

I am still keeping plenty of powder dry for when the Gold price collapses due to the rosy outlook for the US economy or [INSERT BLOOMBERG REASON OF THE DAY]...:LOL:

Gold Extends Bear-Market Plunge Below $1,400 on U.S. Recovery
Gold Extends Bear-Market Plunge Below $1,400 on U.S. Recovery - Bloomberg

Gold slumped below $1,400 an ounce to a two-year low after dropping into a bear market last week as optimism that a U.S. recovery will curb the need for stimulus cut demand for a protection of wealth. Precious metals declined

Remember this, Gold is plunging because the U.S economy is recovering. This should finally get all the weak hands out of the market.(y)

Gold

Coin Sales Surge Despite Drop in Metal Prices
Sales of Gold, Silver Coins Surge Despite Drop in Precious Metals Prices - WSJ.com

SYDNEY—Sales of gold and silver coins are soaring despite the sudden plunge in the price of precious metals, benefiting mints around the world and driving the cost of the collector items to well above the value of the metal they are made of.

Articles like this crack me up...obviously written by a left wing Keynesian moron who believes the idiotic rhetoric we hear from Governments and Central Planners about the dangers of deflation.

The utterly clueless journalist is baffled by the fact that falling prices has created demand...what an idiot...like so many other DUNCES in this forum who think inflation is a wonderful thing. :rolleyes: