ES Trading

More words of wisdom from Ludwig von Mises, pay attention to this stark warning:

Inflation can be pursued only so long as the public still does not believe it will continue. Once the people generally realize that the inflation will be continued on and on and that the value of the monetary unit will decline more and more, then the fate of the money is sealed. Only the belief, that the inflation will come to a stop, maintains the value of the notes.

Remember this every time the Central Planners deny the need for more Q.E or attempt to disguise it under a different name and um and ah about the threat of inflation or the state of the economy.

No Inflation Proves Critics of Fed’s Bernanke Wrong

No Inflation Proves Critics of Fed

"the central bank is ready to take further action to boost the recovery."
- Ben S. Bernanke, Federal Reserve Chairman

The ministry of propaganda says there is no inflation. The same ministry said there is no housing bubble and didn't see the last financial crisis coming.

The debasement of fiat money continues and new_trader continues to accumulate gold.

A message from the 1970s on state spending

A message from the 1970s on state spending - Telegraph

"We used to think you could spend your way out of recession and increase employment by boosting government spending,” boomed the Prime Minister, Jim Callaghan, at the 1976 Labour Party conference.

For it was in 1976 that the UK government had been rescued by the International Monetary Fund. After years of industrial subsidies, soft-budget constraints and Keynesian hubris, Britain was insolvent – unable to service its debts. After months of denial, the markets forced Callaghan’s government, “cap in hand”, to seek an IMF bail-out.

Midnight Oil - Short Memory (1983) - YouTube

UK public borrowing more than expected in July

BBC News - UK public borrowing more than expected in July

The UK government borrowed more than expected in July, traditionally a good month for tax receipts, the Office for National Statistics said.

Our Central Planners get it wrong yet again and have the audacity to report it as 'unexpected'...:sleep:

The Office for National Statistics said net debt - the sum of all borrowing - was now£1.032bn, or 65.7% of GDP.

So where is the austerity?

The debasement of fiat money continues and new_trader continues to accumulate gold.

Jun 23, 2012, 9:14am
If gold breaks below $1530 then I can see it going to $1100-1200. The deadline for this scenario is end of August 2012. Gold is consolidating between $1530 -$1640 and I reckon it will break out from this range rather than break down. If it breaks down I will buy more, if not, I keep what I have. It's a bull market!

Aug 21, 2012
Gold breaks above US$1640

More commentary later :)

No Inflation Proves Critics of Fed’s Bernanke Wrong

No Inflation Proves Critics of Fed

"the central bank is ready to take further action to boost the recovery."
- Ben S. Bernanke, Federal Reserve Chairman

The ministry of propaganda says there is no inflation. The same ministry said there is no housing bubble and didn't see the last financial crisis coming.

Heineken First-Half Profit Misses Estimates on Input Costs

Heineken First-Half Profit Misses Estimates on Input Costs - Bloomberg

Costs to produce its beer will rise 8 percent this year from an earlier forecast of 6 percent, after the price of goods to produce its beer increased 6.9 percent in the first half.

The Central planners keep telling us there is no inflation and yet here is another company missing profit targets/estimates because of rising input costs.

Jun 23, 2012, 9:14am

Aug 21, 2012
Gold breaks above US$1640

More commentary later :)

Gold certainly isn't acting like it was a bubble despite the concerted attempts to talk down gold by all the "gold is a bubble" freaks in trade2win and in the mainstream media. Although it is premature to say for sure right now, gold will have to fall below US$1000 in the next two to three weeks for it to have been classed as a bubble otherwise it would be one of the most unique bubbles in the history of human civilization. If that doesn’t happen then all the deflationists and “gold is a bubble" freaks have lost the last remnants of credibility they currently have, even though IMO they have been clueless since the start of the Global financial crisis...and before.

Republicans Eye Return to Gold Standard

Republicans Eye Return to Gold Standard* - US Business News - CNBC

The gold standard has returned to mainstream U.S. politics for the first time in 30 years, with a “gold commission” set to become part of official Republican party policy.

More and more the gold standard enters mainstream discussion.:smart:

“There is a growing recognition within the Republican party and in America more generally that we’re not going to be able to print our way to prosperity,”

Try telling that to some of the DUNCES here at trade2win who think fiat money is a massive advantage.

Re: Trading Update

Using the principles and techniques I have written about in my journal I was confident enough in my market reading skills to expand my trading into other areas like commodities. I started with small positions (much more than 10p/point though!!) and took a longer term view to prove that my methodology is 100% robust regardless of time horizon. Although I didn’t record the trades here I thought I would give a brief summary.

-Palladium +44% -I regret selling
-Wheat +34% in approx 4 months
-Livestock (break even)
-Silver +67% Approx to date and still holding. Positions were opened with derivates and then rolled over into a physical ETF.
-Gold – Long term although most positions are in profit it is a long term accumulate.

This is all in addition to my longer term investment portfolio which in the last 12 months has outperformed the main indices. These successes have allowed me to have a much more relaxed approach to my trading and the necessary patience and discipline to trade only the most highly profitable and probable indications. I am only interested in being right, at the right time, and making as much money as I can when I am right. I am currently long US$140/point in a trade and hope to build a larger stake before it makes its move. My time horizon on this trade is 6-12 months which makes it more like an investment than a trade.

I continue to trade the ES contract short term as well :)

Let me just remind some of the DUNCES at t2w who doubt my Gold investment. This was posted Jan 10, 2011 at 1:52pm

Posted Jun 23, 2012, 10:01am
If gold breaks below $1530 then I can see it going to $1100-1200. The deadline for this scenario is end of August 2012. Gold is consolidating between $1530 -$1640 and I reckon it will break out from this range rather than break down. If it breaks down I will buy more, if not, I keep what I have. It's a bull market!

I have been buying and adding on the dips and I haven’t sold a single ounce and have plenty of money waiting on the sidelines to buy more, it’s a bull market!

If ANY of the Tade2Win DUNCES dares to question my gold investment you better be prepared to put your money where your mouth is. I charge a fully refundable £50,000 to have my accounts audited + I will give you a 50% bonus if I have lied about my gold holdings. The deal is, you first put £50,000 into escrow and then nominate your independent auditor. Once my gold holdings have been verified, I keep your £50,000 and you publicly apologise and then permanently resign from Trade2win. If I don't hold any gold, you get £75,000 from me.

Such bitterness and envy from the clueless bears...or should I say DEERS in headlights!:LOL:

Posted Jun 23, 2012, 10:01am

I have been buying and adding on the dips and I haven’t sold a single ounce and have plenty of money waiting on the sidelines to buy more, it’s a bull market!

If ANY of the Tade2Win DUNCES dares to question my gold investment you better be prepared to put your money where your mouth is. I charge a fully refundable £50,000 to have my accounts audited + I will give you a 50% bonus if I have lied about my gold holdings. The deal is, you first put £50,000 into escrow and then nominate your independent auditor. Once my gold holdings have been verified, I keep your £50,000 and you publicly apologise and then permanently resign from Trade2win. If I don't hold any gold, you get £75,000 from me.

Such bitterness and envy from the clueless bears...or should I say DEERS in headlights!:LOL:

Here is just a small portion of my total gold holdings. These stunningly beautiful 10 x 1 ounce (and 1 x 1/4 ounce) Gold Britannia bullion coins alone would be enough to win my challenge against any Trade2win numskull that is stupid enough to question my integrity.

http://i48.tinypic.com/24b5i6w.png

http://i45.tinypic.com/2qs09x0.png

I still have the receipt for each one which shows the exact date of purchase and the amount I paid. I don't mind being insulted but I draw a line at puerile slander.

I've also changed my mind on the fee. I don't want any of that disgusting paper fiat rubbish. The fee is 44 x 1 ounce Gold Britannia's.

[Edit]

The writing has been on the wall for years and that is why I sold my property in the U.K and invested elsewhere and mostly outside the U.K. You know something is very wrong when every 3rd moron is telling you to buy property because you can't lose.

U.K. August House Prices Fall for a Second Month, Hometrack Says

U.K. August House Prices Fall for a Second Month, Hometrack Says - Bloomberg

Britain’s property market remains under pressure as the economy struggles to recover from a recession and the euro-area debt crisis drags on, undermining confidence and pushing up lending costs. Bank of England officials are assessing the impact of their new plan to boost credit as they mull whether to expand stimulus for the economy through quantitative easing.

House prices are down, but Gold prices are up! :smart:

The Central Planners can't understand why, neither can the Gold bears...DEERS! :LOL:

Another (biased?) mainstream article on the Gold standard. Most (if not all) critics of the Gold standard don’t even understand it.

Republicans Embrace Gold to Hedge Non-Existent Inflation

Republicans Embrace Gold to Hedge Non-Existent Inflation - Bloomberg

Public Unconcerned
Most Americans aren’t worried either. The public expects inflation to remain subdued -- an annual average of 1.26 percent over the next decade, according to an estimate by the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.

The Government propaganda is having the desired effect. This also tells me that there isn’t a Gold bubble, far, far from it.

Argentina inflation: shoot the messenger

Argentina inflation: shoot the messenger | beyondbrics

Consumidores Libres’s fortnightly grocery price index was published last Friday in Clarín, the nation’s largest newspaper. The index showed that consumer prices had risen 17.5 per cent in 2012, three times the rate reported by the country’s national statistics agency, INDEC.

Do you honestly think that it's only the Argentine government that manipulates and understates inflation figures?

Deflation Deepens as Japan Contraction Risk Intensifies: Economy

Deflation Deepens as Japan Contraction Risk Intensifies: Economy - Bloomberg

Japan’s consumer prices slid at a faster pace in July and industrial production unexpectedly slumped, raising the danger that the world’s third-largest economy has slipped back into a contraction.

OMG! Things are getting cheaper for the consumers, what a disaster!...

Only in an Orwellian world is Deflation seen as a bad thing...:rolleyes:

"The Financial repression must continue", say the Central Planners...

Should the U.S. Return to the Gold Standard?

Should the U.S. Return to the Gold Standard?: Video - Bloomberg

Another clueless Gold Standard critic...People who use the ‘Gold is finite’ argument are utterly clueless. Ever heard of the Periodic Table numskull? ALL NON-ORGANIC NATURAL RESCOURCES ARE FINITE you morons! Many are used in manufacturing, there is finite copper, finite iron, finite aluminium etc, the only thing that is infinite is a Governments ability to debase fiat money...FFS people are DUMB!!!

It doesn’t surprise me that The Gold Standard critic is barely out of nappies, he was probably educated in a GOVERNMENT school too...

But at least the mainstream media is putting the idea of Gold in the mind of the public.

This is investors (quite rightly) saying to Governments that because of all this inflation you are creating we want higher interest rates for our loans to you. The Governments are saying f*ck you, we’ll just get our Central Banks to print up the money and buy our debt so we can continue to borrow and spend cheaply and recklessly, suck on that gold standard!

Euro-Area Unemployment at Record, Inflation Quickens: Economy

Euro-Area Unemployment at Record, Inflation Quickens: Economy - Bloomberg

Euro-area unemployment rose to a record and inflation quickened more than economists forecast as rising energy costs threaten to deepen the economic slump.

That’s the highest since the data series started in 1995. Inflation accelerated to 2.6 percent in August from 2.4 percent in the prior month, an initial estimate showed in a separate report. That’s faster than the 2.5 percent median forecast of 31 economists in a Bloomberg survey.

And what have Central Planners achieved with all their bailouts and debt monetization? Nothing but higher unemployment and higher prices impoverishing the poor and the middle classes even further. And there are dunces who STILL think Central planners controlling the money supply is a massive advantage!

Re: Trading Update

Using the principles and techniques I have written about in my journal I was confident enough in my market reading skills to expand my trading into other areas like commodities. I started with small positions (much more than 10p/point though!!) and took a longer term view to prove that my methodology is 100% robust regardless of time horizon. Although I didn’t record the trades here I thought I would give a brief summary.

-Palladium +44% -I regret selling
-Wheat +34% in approx 4 months
-Livestock (break even)
-Silver +67% Approx to date and still holding. Positions were opened with derivates and then rolled over into a physical ETF.
-Gold – Long term although most positions are in profit it is a long term accumulate.

This is all in addition to my longer term investment portfolio which in the last 12 months has outperformed the main indices. These successes have allowed me to have a much more relaxed approach to my trading and the necessary patience and discipline to trade only the most highly profitable and probable indications. I am only interested in being right, at the right time, and making as much money as I can when I am right. I am currently long US$140/point in a trade and hope to build a larger stake before it makes its move. My time horizon on this trade is 6-12 months which makes it more like an investment than a trade.

I continue to trade the ES contract short term as well :)

new_trader has been bullish on gold since 2010 while all the trade2win dunces were bearish (I’d just like to say a personal ‘hello’ to Atilla who I know reads my journal even though he says I haven’t got a clue).

Now that gold is in the news again all the trade2win dunces come out of the woodwork with bullish calls on gold and their trading ‘advice’ as if they understand wot is wot...it really is hilarious to read.:LOL::LOL:

Gold Tops $1,700 as ECB’s Bond-Buying Plan Bolsters the Euro

Gold Tops $1,700 as ECB

No mention of WAR :LOL: