Error Message in Metastock

Typically these "page fault" errors are the result of corruption or code that produces results that haven't been properly coded for (eg. expecting something to return 10 bytes of data but it returns 16 bytes and thus starts to overwrite things).

A suggestion I have is to use a virtual machine for all of your trading activity. This requires a bit more RAM on your PC. I have a virtual Windows 2000 PC I use for all of my accounting and another I have for my trading. The virtual PC files can be copied over to another PC at any time and then I am up-and-running immediately on that PC too.

MetaStock has many dependencies on your system - such as graphics card drives, Microsoft database (JET) drivers etc. Any one of these could also be causing the issue.

If uninstalling Metastock, wiping out the C:\Program Files\Equis folder and also removing the registry doesn't work, I'd suggest looking further afield.

If none of that works, consider a virtual machine setup - even as a backup system it's rather helpful.

Cheers,
Richard.

Richard

You know quite a bit about MS and I know that.....

...Do you think that is could be virtual memory setting issues?....

...Are MSWin faults mostly to do with page faults?

..I used to get these but haven't had these for many a years now....

....This seems to crop up when processing activity is asked for...

...Your thoughts would be appreciated......

regards

Zambuck,

IMO This is what is happening in my situation. When I run an exploration, just before MS crashes with the famous "mswin" error, I can hear the fan on my machine kick in. It happens everytime.

On the rare occasion that MS doesn't crash when an exploration is being run, the fan remains quiet.

Typically these "page fault" errors are the result of corruption or code that produces results that haven't been properly coded for (eg. expecting something to return 10 bytes of data but it returns 16 bytes and thus starts to overwrite things).

A suggestion I have is to use a virtual machine for all of your trading activity. This requires a bit more RAM on your PC. I have a virtual Windows 2000 PC I use for all of my accounting and another I have for my trading. The virtual PC files can be copied over to another PC at any time and then I am up-and-running immediately on that PC too.

MetaStock has many dependencies on your system - such as graphics card drives, Microsoft database (JET) drivers etc. Any one of these could also be causing the issue.

If uninstalling Metastock, wiping out the C:\Program Files\Equis folder and also removing the registry doesn't work, I'd suggest looking further afield.

If none of that works, consider a virtual machine setup - even as a backup system it's rather helpful.

Cheers,
Richard.

Hi Richard,

Out of all the posts and replies I've had from posters regarding this issue, your comments seem the more accurate as to what the issue could be.

I know we are going slightly off-topic now but how does one get a "virtual" machine? Do I require a new pc which has been configured specifically? Sorry but level of IT is pretty limited..........

Thanks in advance,

Chorlton

error solution to ur metastock problem

ur mswin file had been corrupted so do one thing uninstall metastock and then delete equis folder from program files

then reboot ur system and reinstall metastock
this will work .... i assure u:smart:

Its actually emerged from windows registry and u can't rectify it. So, you must format your pc and install MS again. Don't use old data.