Equity Strategy

bohardy

I want to build a strategy (signal generator) that I can forward and back test. What platforms and or brokers are recommended for this task? The signals will be based on quarterly fundamentals and intraday price action. Any direction would be appreciated.

Best way to build strategy is to sid down, count all possible arguments in your trading style - put them down into the paper and see if they can work together or not, if they can work together find the way how to make them work together and remember about three main things : time, money and risk management.
Chears!

Best way to build strategy is to sid down, count all possible arguments in your trading style - put them down into the paper and see if they can work together or not, if they can work together find the way how to make them work together and remember about three main things : time, money and risk management.
Chears!

Looking at all your posts on T2W today (19 thus far) you seem to provide mere sound bites or cliches but nothing of substance useful to newbie traders on T2W.

Therefore,I appreciate that English seems not to be your first language but could you explain, in detail, what you mean by "Time,money and risk management?"

Hello -

Quarterly fundamentals and intraday price action are both useful bits of information, but how do they fit together? One is a longer term look while the other is incredibly short term.

I would ask what the actual investment time frame is first. Are you looking to hold for a quarter? or looking for intraday action? Also, are you looking at the fundamentals as a basis for observation, or are you trying to correlate them to short term price movement analysis?

As for testing, you'll need data points from whatever information you are using, and a hypothesis of what you think that information means in terms of whatever trading you intend to do.