eod

CONRAN

I'm currently trying some free eod data. The companies I'm trying atr Q-Data, Norton, CSI and DataSharks. My question is although their data is the same for CHL the opening price nearly always varies. Why is this and how would this affect my trading if I'm using candle sticks and because of the different opening I would say get a Doji etc?

Conran

Welcome.

Are you talking about shares or index?

The LSE guidelines for FTSE say open=close therefore there is never a gap opening. Some data providers stick to those guidelines, others take account of the pre-opening auction and therefore do give a gap opening (which is the reality as far as your trading is concerned).

Obviously your candlesticks will look different and you often can't fall back on "standard" interpretations when you're analysing the "no gap" charts.

good trading

jon

Hi Barjon

Thanks for that

I'm trying out spread betting so I'm trading Index futures. Surely though if they take into account the pre-opening auction they should, or some should have same opening prices. I guess then that it would be pretty impossible to get an accurate opening?

Conran