Eod

techtrader

I dont normally concern myself with intra day prices only EOD unless I am entering a trade. Last night when I looked on Yahoo finance I noticed that its last trade on RR.L was 247.50 on a trading volume of around 29,000 yet when I downloaded my EOD I have a close of 441.50 on a volume of 20.773 seems a big mark down or am I missing something?

Dave

Hi techtrader

According to ESignal The close was 247.50 on volume of 29m
It looks to me as though you have the days mixed up.

27th = Close 241.50 on 20m Volume
28th = Close 247.50 on 29m Volume

HTH :cool:

Hi FTSE
Nop it was defiantly on the 27Th at 16 55pm on yahoo finance
Last trade 247.50
and yet when I downloaded my data it was as you have quoted....strange, can institutions trade out of hours?

Sorry for the delay in answering you I was out early this AM loading the boat for our Hols leaving here at 6PM.
Thanks for looking
Regards
Dave

FTSE Beater said:
Hi techtrader

According to ESignal The close was 247.50 on volume of 29m
It looks to me as though you have the days mixed up.

27th = Close 241.50 on 20m Volume
28th = Close 247.50 on 29m Volume

HTH :cool:

techtrader said:
Hi FTSE
Nop it was defiantly on the 27Th at 16 55pm on yahoo finance
Last trade 247.50
and yet when I downloaded my data it was as you have quoted....strange, can institutions trade out of hours?

Hi Dave

The trades going through after 4:30 are late trades, worked prinicipal agreements and other trades "done upstairs". A Worked Principal Agreement (WPA) is where a broker is given a large chunk of stock or possibly even a basket of stocks which they trade for the client over a period of time, the broker is allowed to delay reporting this under certain circumstances. I would ignore anything going through after 4:30 and would only look at trades flagged as on order book / SETS (often flagged with an A for automatic).

Cheers

Stew