Eod

techtrader

95 2
I dont normally concern myself with intra day prices only EOD unless I am entering a trade. Last night when I looked on Yahoo finance I noticed that its last trade on RR.L was 247.50 on a trading volume of around 29,000 yet when I downloaded my EOD I have a close of 441.50 on a volume of 20.773 seems a big mark down or am I missing something?

Dave

FTSE Beater

Experienced member
1,518 5
Hi techtrader

According to ESignal The close was 247.50 on volume of 29m
It looks to me as though you have the days mixed up.

27th = Close 241.50 on 20m Volume
28th = Close 247.50 on 29m Volume

HTH :cool:

techtrader

95 2
Hi FTSE
Nop it was defiantly on the 27Th at 16 55pm on yahoo finance
Last trade 247.50
and yet when I downloaded my data it was as you have quoted....strange, can institutions trade out of hours?

Sorry for the delay in answering you I was out early this AM loading the boat for our Hols leaving here at 6PM.
Thanks for looking
Regards
Dave

FTSE Beater said:
Hi techtrader

According to ESignal The close was 247.50 on volume of 29m
It looks to me as though you have the days mixed up.

27th = Close 241.50 on 20m Volume
28th = Close 247.50 on 29m Volume

HTH :cool:

theknifemac

340 0
techtrader said:
Hi FTSE
Nop it was defiantly on the 27Th at 16 55pm on yahoo finance
Last trade 247.50
and yet when I downloaded my data it was as you have quoted....strange, can institutions trade out of hours?

Hi Dave

The trades going through after 4:30 are late trades, worked prinicipal agreements and other trades "done upstairs". A Worked Principal Agreement (WPA) is where a broker is given a large chunk of stock or possibly even a basket of stocks which they trade for the client over a period of time, the broker is allowed to delay reporting this under certain circumstances. I would ignore anything going through after 4:30 and would only look at trades flagged as on order book / SETS (often flagged with an A for automatic).

Cheers

Stew

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock