EOD Options Data

kvhutch

I use stricknet.com which offers eod option information. An example extract is:

THQNB,COMS,,,,,0.31,72,10,0.3125,0.5625,2310,2001
AZGNI,ABGX,,,,,8.25,0,45,9.25,10.375,251,2001
BDHQQ,BDH,,,,,39.00,0,85,41.3,42.3,10,2001

(Headings: Opt Symbol, Stock Symbol, , , , , Last Sale, Volume,
Strike, Bid, Ask, Open Interest, Year of Expiration)

However, I need a source which in addition offers (open, hi, low, close) for each option symbol - not the stock - in a similar format, i.e. available as a bulk download of all option symbols - whether free or at a price. Can anyone recommend a service?

Cheers

I use software called Hquotes. The new version is more reliable than the older versions, and they pull eod data for equities from yahoo and for commodities from Quotes.com. It dumps data in metastock format to a target directory of your choice. Once it is set up it works pretty well...

kvhutch said:
I use stricknet.com which offers eod option information. An example extract is:

THQNB,COMS,,,,,0.31,72,10,0.3125,0.5625,2310,2001
AZGNI,ABGX,,,,,8.25,0,45,9.25,10.375,251,2001
BDHQQ,BDH,,,,,39.00,0,85,41.3,42.3,10,2001

(Headings: Opt Symbol, Stock Symbol, , , , , Last Sale, Volume,
Strike, Bid, Ask, Open Interest, Year of Expiration)

However, I need a source which in addition offers (open, hi, low, close) for each option symbol - not the stock - in a similar format, i.e. available as a bulk download of all option symbols - whether free or at a price. Can anyone recommend a service?

Cheers

Hi Buddhist

Not sure HQuotes are supplying the options data I require (i.e open, hi, low, close for each option symbol as opposed to the underlying stock). Or am I not looking in the correct place?

tbsp.com

from the main menu (left side) Click technical support , at bottom of page you'll find the file layout .

I am not a subscriber yet but in my search I found this the most comprehensive data service for the best price .

-dewitte

where can I download (preferably bulk) option chains that are clean. Yahoo has the data but they seem carry some bad options data - e.g. options chain on GOOG has some options with an options root of TBD which seems incorrect and also does not show up on other sites. Unfortunately these other sites do not provide a download feature.

Hquotes stopped working

I use software called Hquotes. The new version is more reliable than the older versions, and they pull eod data for equities from yahoo and for commodities from Quotes.com. It dumps data in metastock format to a target directory of your choice. Once it is set up it works pretty well...

I've used hquotes for a couple of years with good results. A week ago it stopped updating data. I can't get their tech support to answer my emails. Has anyone else had the same problem? Maybe they"ve taken the money and run?