Email stock alerts

dewbpy

Hello

I'm looking for a website that offers free email stock alerts. I've seen the yahoo finance alert system but it doesn't quite cater for what I'm exactly after.

I'd like to pick a stock and receive an alert if that stock has moved n number of points up (or down) relative to where it was at the day's open. And keep doing this until I ask it to stop :)

The way yahoo does it is to send an alert if the stock hits a given price or a set percentage movement. This means I would have to enter the trigger price target every day manually :(

Thanks

Simon

Dont know of website but you can do it with excel or microsoft money 2000

dewbpy said:
Hello

I'm looking for a website that offers free email stock alerts. I've seen the yahoo finance alert system but it doesn't quite cater for what I'm exactly after.

I'd like to pick a stock and receive an alert if that stock has moved n number of points up (or down) relative to where it was at the day's open. And keep doing this until I ask it to stop :)

The way yahoo does it is to send an alert if the stock hits a given price or a set percentage movement. This means I would have to enter the trigger price target every day manually :(

Thanks

Simon
Most of the online brokers provide watchlist facilities, and some can be primed to send out emails when a trigger price is reached. Keeping an account funded is not exactly free, but on the other hand, they don't actually charge for this service either. It might be another way to skin the cat.

If you have an account with interactive brokers then it would be relatively straight forward to write an app to do just this for around 40 symbols.

JonnyT