Email Alerts

Roberto

Experienced member
Does anyone know a really reliable free (or not very expensive) service which will promptly send an email to a specified address (not a text message to a mobile phone) when a stock/index reaches a certain target? For example, this morning I wanted to know when Abbey National reached 594, and tried the free alert service at BetOnMarkets - they duly notified me by email about 40 minutes later, which wasn't all that helpful. Any suggestions?

blackcab said:
ADVFN free version does this.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it appears not. I've just registered with them to try, but it seems that the alerts in the free version are not available by email but "display only".

Does anyone else have any suggestions, please?

Sorry to go on about it guys, but there must surely be a simple answer to this one? (Or if not, a great business opportunity for someone?)

Roborto, I don't know if you have a account with D4F(CMC), they have a price alert on their Market Maker software. You can set a price alert for the bid or offer to reach a certain value and when reached you can be emailed. I have just tryed it for GBPUSD, and seems to work. It might be worth while to test it yourself before using it.

ADVFN free version does alerts by email as well as 'display only' - I use them. At what point are you not getting to choose the email option? You need to create a 'destination profile' to specify the address you want them sent to - have you done that?

If you have an account with www.interactivebrokers.co.uk then its easy peezy using a little API app I have developed ;o)

But then you cannot have it because others here will crucify me for selling something again.

JonnyT

blackcab said:
ADVFN free version does alerts by email as well as 'display only' - I use them. At what point are you not getting to choose the email option? You need to create a 'destination profile' to specify the address you want them sent to - have you done that?

Ah, yes ... I see exactly what you mean. Thanks very much for this helpful information. I hadn't done so - didn't realise one had to: not the easiest of websites to find one's way around! I've done that now and I'll try them out tomorrow. Extremely useful, if they work. Many thanks again.

JJ said:
Roborto, I don't know if you have a account with D4F(CMC) ....

I haven't, but I'll certainly bear it in mind if ADVFN doesn't work out for me for any reason ... and thank you very much for the suggestion.

JonnyT said:
... you cannot have it because others here will crucify me for selling something again ...

They will indeed: you're so right. And if I tried it out and it worked for me, then they'd crucify me too for aiding and abetting (not to say counselling and procuring). I once made the mistake of saying something nice about Vince Stanzione, whom I happen to know and not dislike (oops ... done it again), so I know exactly what you mean. :)