Early Morning Range Breakouts using time and sales

Daysummary

Trades 06-18.jpg

Entry on crosshair, exit at end of chart.

TFM.jpg

ROST3.jpg

EBAY.jpg

SBUX5.jpg

SBUX6.jpg

Choppy afternoon session. All the good action was in the morning.

I did a paper trade in the morning on facebook this morning, just to try out the pattern. It worked out as expected (ca. 75ct profit per share).

FB2.jpg

Cheers,
Robocop

Attachments

• KLAC.jpg
    KLAC.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 162
Daysummary

Trades 06-19.jpg

FB3.jpg

GRMN2.jpg

CELG2.jpg

FB - Good entry for a Daily Range BreakOut. Bad exit. Should have taken some 32.15 area.
GRMN - Entry was oke, but had some slippage. Exit at stoploss (break of ema).
CELG - Good entry. It did take some while before it moved higher. Exit at breakeven in last few seconds of session.

Time and sales and setup at entry of GRMN. The two lines in the green area in the chart are the spread in realtime. I shall try to take more screenshots of time and sales at entry.

GRMN T&S.jpg

I've got a bit of a losing streak. This is probably due:
- my tighter stoploss
- summer markets (are a bit erratic in afternoon session)
- ignoring the ERBO setup. Instead I take also DRBO.
- more trades open at once
- doing other things while trading
- forget to take (some) profits while they are there
- trade breakouts while markets are contracting

I've got a bit of a losing streak. This is probably due:
- my tighter stoploss
- summer markets (are a bit erratic in afternoon session)
- ignoring the ERBO setup. Instead I take also DRBO.
- more trades open at once
- doing other things while trading
- forget to take (some) profits while they are there
- trade breakouts while markets are contracting

My opening range breakout trading has been in draw down the last 2 weeks. This is entirely natural and I see it as a normal change in market character. It will change back, and Ive seen this many times over the last few years. Trade smaller and wait for the conditions to improve. Dont mess with your rules too much as that could affect your results when the market changes again.

Winattrading

My opening range breakout trading has been in draw down the last 2 weeks. This is entirely natural and I see it as a normal change in market character. It will change back, and Ive seen this many times over the last few years. Trade smaller and wait for the conditions to improve. Dont mess with your rules too much as that could affect your results when the market changes again.

Winattrading

Thanks for your feedback, I will trade smaller size until the markets change character.

Robocop

Didn't trade today, but I like to share some beauties of today. With these in my mind I can remind myself how a good trade/setup should look like.

MLNX.jpg

ALXN3.jpg

CHKP.jpg

DTV.jpg

If I look at the 4H NDXT index, can I conclude that:
- breakouts are less likely to work well in consolidation areas (parallel red lines)?
- we are still in a downtrend (or already reversed)?
- there is an upside down head and shoulders pattern completed?

NDXT.jpg