e_Signal

fowkesp

My PATS is showing the same as your IB, I've just emailed eSignal because that is not the Sept price and it's not simply delayed.

Seems they've got themselves in a right mess this time then. I know they've been spouting off about how they were upgrading their European feeds lately to make them faster and more reliable, but they didn't mention they would be sending incorrect data as well :confused:

Who said that trading wasn't a laugh a minute?

Hello all,

How has the European data been today on eSignal? As mentioned in this thread, we implemented an upgrade last evening, and from all accounts the data has been performing well.

For those that have been using it today, what has your experience been like with the Eurex data?

Thank you for your candor.

Jay F

Well, I've just watched IB for a while and compared it to eSignal The eSignal feed is generally about 0.5 second behind IB, but at times seems to lag significantly, the prices going way out of line for extended periods. For instance the two were tracking quite closely a minute ago, but then IB jumped up 5 points and eSignal stayed where it was for over 30 seconds. No good really.

Paul

Paul,

I just received word that some issues arose shortly after the open of the new feed and were required to roll back to the former Eurex configuration. Once things are ironed out, we'll set-up another conversion date. Please keep an eye on this thread for further updates on the subject.

We apologize for the delay.

Hi,
is anybody else having problems with their e-signal
IB trading interface ?

I have been away for a week and now it won't work ..

Ib and e-signal both blame each other !!!

typical ...

Ian

Ian,

I had exactly the same problem. I got an email from esignal and this was the context of it:

Thank you for your email.

If you are using this with Interactive Brokers then there have been changes in the TWS program that make it incompatible with the plug-in you have installed. To address this we have created an updated plug-in, please download and install this to fix the problems you are having:

IB Plug-in, Build 797
http://www.esignal.com/map/ib/default.asp

Once I did this it was all fine again so give it a go.

Cheers

Paul

Hi, jayf.

I have reloaded the esignal interface
and it seems ok now

thanks ian

Trader 333.

thanks for the reply,

are you trading us stocks or futures ?

ian

I have been looking at trading US stocks since the beginning of the year and went on a Naz seminar in February which was very good and where I met a couple of other T2W guys. I wouldnt call myself a disciple but Mr Charts and Naz are clearly the US stock trading Kings of T2W (in my view).

How about youself ?

Paul

I have been messing around with shares since esi days,

earlier this year I decided I wanted to trade full time,
as I have had enough of dealing with the public !!!!

I started trading ftse futures using a mechanical system
which worked well in backtesting ,, but not as well in the
real world..

I was amazed how much harder trading is when its for real
instead of as a hobby..
I found over trading a real problem as I felt I had to be doing something instead of waiting for the right trade..

So I decided to get the benefit of other peoples learning curve,
and got in touch with Mr Charts who I remembered from the esi
days.

I found his coaching invalueble and very easy to follow
no magic formulas no black boxes ,just common sense and
experience...

so at the moment I am trading US stocks from 1-30 to 5-00pm
using Ib and esignal.

My trading is going well, and I am spending far less time each
day screen watching !!!!

ian

JayF_eSignal said:
Paul,

... Once things are ironed out [on Eurex], we'll set-up another conversion date.

Please be aware that we have successfully transitioned over to a direct feed from Eurex. How was everyone's opinion of today's data?

eSignal problems 4th August

Anyone else noticed that eSignal has once again got problems with LIFFE FTSE data? It started lagging and skipping data just before the US open, and the problem is still ongoing @ 1445 UK time :cry: The IB feed is working normally, though :D

Just noticed that I am also intermittently getting "Bad PSWD" messages from the eSignal Data Manager too. Is it another glitch, Jay?

Paul

As a matter of interest, how much does eTrade cost for realtime and EOD for UK and US stocks and indices! Thanks...

BD

Re: eSignal problems 4th August

fowkesp said:
Anyone else noticed that eSignal has once again got problems with LIFFE FTSE data? It started lagging and skipping data just before the US open, and the problem is still ongoing @ 1445 UK time :cry: The IB feed is working normally, though :D

Just noticed that I am also intermittently getting "Bad PSWD" messages from the eSignal Data Manager too. Is it another glitch, Jay?

Paul

LIFFE and EuroNext have not yet been converted to a direct feed like the Eurex has, so the issues you mentioned could occur on these exchanges around the open of the US markets. Our Network Team continues to work on converting the exchanges over to systems that will correct this. Hopefully, this can be done within the month, but at this point no hard estimate is available.