e_Signal

JayF_eSignal

54 0
fowkesp,

We did have an issue with the LIFFE today due a network connection problem. This data has been updating since 9:32am GMT. We will be investigating the cause in greater detail and will take preventative measures against future outages.

Sincerely,
Jay F.
eSignal Community Support

fowkesp

129 0
eSignal feed given up the ghost for LIFFE

eSignal datafeed just stopped in mid-trade for LIFFE FTSE @ 12:55-ish. As always, IB feed fine.

Wondered why the chart said "fine" and TWS open-trade profit said "Uh-uh". Now I now why.

Helenqu

Established member
841 3
You know I really liked e-signal when I trialed it. But it still seems to have problems with it's European feeds. Just not good enough considering it's cost. If quality were superb I'd change to it once I am full time trading.

fowkesp

129 0
To be fair, Helen, I haven't had any problems with it since I last posted in this thread, and it's bomb-proof on the US markets. Still not good enough for the money though.

On the other hand, IB just keeps on working so I must get around to making TradeStation use IB instead of eSignal.

fowkesp

129 0
Help - totally confused!!

eSignal FTSE feed now back again but it is showing prices 8 points lower than my IB feed for the September contract (eg at 10:35, IB says 4128, eSignal says 4118).

Can someone please assure me that IB is correct?

Trader333

8,655 981
For the FSTE feed I would trust IB before esignal just based on past experience. However, it is probably worth contacting IB direct just to confirm one way or the other.

Paul

kramer

6 0
fowkesp

My PATS is showing the same as your IB, I've just emailed eSignal because that is not the Sept price and it's not simply delayed.

fowkesp

129 0
Seems they've got themselves in a right mess this time then. I know they've been spouting off about how they were upgrading their European feeds lately to make them faster and more reliable, but they didn't mention they would be sending incorrect data as well :confused:

Who said that trading wasn't a laugh a minute?

JayF_eSignal

54 0
Hello all,

How has the European data been today on eSignal? As mentioned in this thread, we implemented an upgrade last evening, and from all accounts the data has been performing well.

For those that have been using it today, what has your experience been like with the Eurex data?

Thank you for your candor.

fowkesp

129 0
Jay F

Well, I've just watched IB for a while and compared it to eSignal The eSignal feed is generally about 0.5 second behind IB, but at times seems to lag significantly, the prices going way out of line for extended periods. For instance the two were tracking quite closely a minute ago, but then IB jumped up 5 points and eSignal stayed where it was for over 30 seconds. No good really.

Paul

JayF_eSignal

54 0
Paul,

I just received word that some issues arose shortly after the open of the new feed and were required to roll back to the former Eurex configuration. Once things are ironed out, we'll set-up another conversion date. Please keep an eye on this thread for further updates on the subject.

We apologize for the delay.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock