e_Signal

I think I'll have to for FTSE. It's a pity, because it's the only instrument I have problems with. All the US stuff is fine. Waiving the LIFFE fees while these problems are occurring might be good PR.

If you subcribe to IB and esignal do you have to pay
twice for data ? , as they appear to be sepserate fees ..

ian

IanP,

You shouldnt have to pay the fees twice and a call to esignal support or an email to IB support should determine how you get round this.

Paul

Well they made me pay twice, despite protesting that I already paid LIFFE fees, although I didn't press the point at the time because I was just evaluating IB for a month. But maybe I'll speak to them again.

fowkesp,

I have spoke to ib and esignal both say you must subscribe to
there data to enable the service,

seems like a normal "fleece the punter" con

ian

Yes, seems a bit rich to me. But I understand their problem: LIFFE expect to be paid for the data, and unless IB and eSignal have some sort of liaison, or LIFFE issue a personal "data paid for" certificate, how would they know who had paid for what?

Still a rip-off though.

i have just spoke to liffe,
they charge the vendor for each user they have,
so it looks like you have to pay twice...

thieving gits !!!!!!!

Thanks for the update Scott. I can see that you are serious about sorting the problems out. Let's hope it's sooner rather than later.

FTSE data missing again this morning

Once again eSignal FTSE data missing at the open (22/4/2003). :|

Luckily I have reorganised my trading so I don't depend on eSignal for FTSE, I rely on IB instead :D

fowkesp,

We did have an issue with the LIFFE today due a network connection problem. This data has been updating since 9:32am GMT. We will be investigating the cause in greater detail and will take preventative measures against future outages.

Sincerely,
Jay F.
eSignal Community Support

eSignal feed given up the ghost for LIFFE

eSignal datafeed just stopped in mid-trade for LIFFE FTSE @ 12:55-ish. As always, IB feed fine.

Wondered why the chart said "fine" and TWS open-trade profit said "Uh-uh". Now I now why.

You know I really liked e-signal when I trialed it. But it still seems to have problems with it's European feeds. Just not good enough considering it's cost. If quality were superb I'd change to it once I am full time trading.

To be fair, Helen, I haven't had any problems with it since I last posted in this thread, and it's bomb-proof on the US markets. Still not good enough for the money though.

On the other hand, IB just keeps on working so I must get around to making TradeStation use IB instead of eSignal.

Help - totally confused!!

eSignal FTSE feed now back again but it is showing prices 8 points lower than my IB feed for the September contract (eg at 10:35, IB says 4128, eSignal says 4118).

Can someone please assure me that IB is correct?

For the FSTE feed I would trust IB before esignal just based on past experience. However, it is probably worth contacting IB direct just to confirm one way or the other.

Paul