e_Signal

ianp

179 7
Hi,
is anybody else having problems with their e-signal
IB trading interface ?

I have been away for a week and now it won't work ..

Ib and e-signal both blame each other !!!

typical ...

Ian

Trader333

8,655 981
Ian,

I had exactly the same problem. I got an email from esignal and this was the context of it:

Thank you for your email.

If you are using this with Interactive Brokers then there have been changes in the TWS program that make it incompatible with the plug-in you have installed. To address this we have created an updated plug-in, please download and install this to fix the problems you are having:

IB Plug-in, Build 797
http://www.esignal.com/map/ib/default.asp

Once I did this it was all fine again so give it a go.

Cheers

Paul

ianp

179 7
Trader 333.

thanks for the reply,

are you trading us stocks or futures ?

ian

Trader333

8,655 981
I have been looking at trading US stocks since the beginning of the year and went on a Naz seminar in February which was very good and where I met a couple of other T2W guys. I wouldnt call myself a disciple but Mr Charts and Naz are clearly the US stock trading Kings of T2W (in my view).

How about youself ?

Paul

ianp

179 7
I have been messing around with shares since esi days,

earlier this year I decided I wanted to trade full time,
as I have had enough of dealing with the public !!!!

I started trading ftse futures using a mechanical system
which worked well in backtesting ,, but not as well in the
real world..

I was amazed how much harder trading is when its for real
instead of as a hobby..
I found over trading a real problem as I felt I had to be doing something instead of waiting for the right trade..

So I decided to get the benefit of other peoples learning curve,
and got in touch with Mr Charts who I remembered from the esi
days.

I found his coaching invalueble and very easy to follow
no magic formulas no black boxes ,just common sense and
experience...

so at the moment I am trading US stocks from 1-30 to 5-00pm
using Ib and esignal.

My trading is going well, and I am spending far less time each
day screen watching !!!!

ian

JayF_eSignal

54 0
JayF_eSignal said:
Paul,

... Once things are ironed out [on Eurex], we'll set-up another conversion date.

Please be aware that we have successfully transitioned over to a direct feed from Eurex. How was everyone's opinion of today's data?

fowkesp

129 0
eSignal problems 4th August

Anyone else noticed that eSignal has once again got problems with LIFFE FTSE data? It started lagging and skipping data just before the US open, and the problem is still ongoing @ 1445 UK time :cry: The IB feed is working normally, though :D

Just noticed that I am also intermittently getting "Bad PSWD" messages from the eSignal Data Manager too. Is it another glitch, Jay?

Paul

bottomdollar

217 1
As a matter of interest, how much does eTrade cost for realtime and EOD for UK and US stocks and indices! Thanks...

BD

JayF_eSignal

54 0
Re: eSignal problems 4th August

fowkesp said:
Anyone else noticed that eSignal has once again got problems with LIFFE FTSE data? It started lagging and skipping data just before the US open, and the problem is still ongoing @ 1445 UK time :cry: The IB feed is working normally, though :D

Just noticed that I am also intermittently getting "Bad PSWD" messages from the eSignal Data Manager too. Is it another glitch, Jay?

Paul

LIFFE and EuroNext have not yet been converted to a direct feed like the Eurex has, so the issues you mentioned could occur on these exchanges around the open of the US markets. Our Network Team continues to work on converting the exchanges over to systems that will correct this. Hopefully, this can be done within the month, but at this point no hard estimate is available.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock