E-Mini SP 500

offtopic:

Celestia is a opensource astro simulator, I was wondering if any programmers have implemented map based exchange information, as the globe revolves, the appropriate exchanges light up on it, and +- levels are shown on the globe.

I think it would be cool to visualize world markets in this fashion. I have not found anything yet. Its free and downloadable at the site.

Attachments

• 10132007-204506.jpg
    10132007-204506.jpg
    449.7 KB · Views: 500
I usually have a sense or vibe of the state of the world, went shopping last night, lots of people at the stores. There seems to be phase shift occuring in the markets. Technology resurgence, with modification of everyday items we use seems to be a dominant trend.

The basic components seem to be memory chips in most goods. Plus wireless features, and broadband, fiberoptic will be the new trend into homes.

This may be the second wave to hit the Naz leading possibly to test old highs.

with the recent destruction of wealth from subprime, just shows what the markets are capable of in terms of rebounding...and holding gains. Basically the time is ticking away till FOMC meeting, and position squaring will be the order for the day.

for position traders who afe long, their goal is to keep it as close to the hghs as possible for FOMC to blow out the short positions. The data has come in resonably strong, to preserve FED inflation vigilance, chances for no cut are higher.

the mess behind the scenes is truely bad, and the markets are being propped up to give a false sense of security.Notice Paulson met with multiple banking heads to goad them into buying the junk paper.

heard PTJ thinks its a repeat of 98 liquidity crisis. ECB stated to make some comments, the last time they made comments the market had diarrhea..

Last edited:
one of the things I also do is keep a long term position bias in SPY. And keep a short position bias in futures. Whenever the futures have diarrhea, cover at a specified interval. And reinstitute short at the previous price or ATR highs.

will look to short some more above 1580.00

news event + capital reserves = ability to shift markets.

the actual nature of the news doesn't matter, except it has to have a previous volatility record. Meaning psychological the market participants are more accepting of price shifts.

buy signal above green, sell signal below red. Its as simple as that. By the end of this week, the market will break one of those lines.

Attachments

• 10142007-215117.jpg
    10142007-215117.jpg
    368 KB · Views: 213
wheres the beef umm...I mean wheres the volume...

Attachments

• 10142007-225440.jpg
    10142007-225440.jpg
    440.7 KB · Views: 216
hows the sell signal, third sell signal...now.

Attachments

• 10152007-163751.jpg
    10152007-163751.jpg
    464.7 KB · Views: 251
basically market is trying to paint a pessimistic picture for the FED so the FED is more apt to cut at the next meeting.

human psychology, basic precepts...of retail mindset...geez I couldn't buy it on the way up, now on the way down I will buy it...

the bigboys will wash out all the preemptive longs, bringing price into the fear zone which is basically under 1520..1500 ..

Bernie speaks in a hr. Don't anticipate he will say much, but if he wishes to telegraph that there will be no interest rate cut, he might give clues in his speech.

the end of session spike is just cap revitalization, meaning, the captial reserves are recouped or short positions covered to certain extent. So that capital reserves are available for another forceful move. People make the mistake in assuming its bulls buying.. its just the arrows being pulled out of the carcass to be used later.. thats all it is.

rebuffed..at resistance. Bernies speech last night, is being painted as ..bearish for equities, remember... news + capital reserves = gap. :)

Attachments

• 10162007-051213.jpg
    10162007-051213.jpg
    440.2 KB · Views: 183
cash daily, trendlines broken...1500 is meaningful support

Attachments

• 10162007-055806.jpg
    10162007-055806.jpg
    458.4 KB · Views: 601
the major problem equity markets have, is lack of participation from the public, the past volatility has shellshocked most of the public. And its just traders, and hedge fund managers taking money away from each other.

only another lifestyle change event similar to the internet, could ignite more participation. The current lifestyle change event of 100 dollars per barrel oil is not actually supportive of the market, no matter how the media may like to spin it.

eventually high oil prices will have to feed themselves into the product cycle of most goods, since cost of goods production is energy intensive. And notice Greenspan questioning the historical basis for avoiding factoring in food and energy into inflation expectations. Hes basically saying since there are predominant trends in oil and grains, that food and energy needs to be factored into inflation calculations. This ties the FEDS hands in terms of a future move, and thats what is worrying the market. The lack of interest rate cut at the next meeting may rain in Oil prices hopefully. But the trend seems to be geopolitical tensions increasing.