DOW TRADER does anyone trade it?

Is this the same one as http://www.insight.net/ ?

If so, I'd say you'll learn nothing new and I'm a complete beginner !.
I signed up in December. They have now 4 systems, following trends, you choose which one to follow and range from a long term average to a very short term average.

But as with other systems like this I've tried, you learn nothing from them.
In fact to be honest I've done better without out it, sometimes its swayed me to make a bad decision, and so I only look once and a while now.

1 of the trading ideas with the dowtrader is a long term trend (bullish), ie slap £1 a point northwards on the dow, till it drops 200 points. Then pull out.
But take a step back from any chart on the dow and you'll see the obvious mid/long term trend upwards anyway, so what's new..!?!?!?

I've only been trading for about 3mths now and the one thing I've learned is not to put your own money in some else's pocket to carry, can you trust them not to loose it ?
Learn from others here and books and more importantly your own mistakes ....

Someone's bound to disagree with me on this, but I've been there , hated it … and found my own path now and loving it !!
Still learning but having a good time doing so.

Sorry ..!

PS. By the way, ,, I haven't got £1 per point on the dow, at the moment .. :rolleyes:

I have been using their signals since Dec 2006 with good success. Their signals are sent out 15:45 NYT based on the DJIA cash-index - which I use as the basis for trading the mini-Dow (YM series) futures.
I modify their entry signals on the cautiousl side to get a better entry - typically using the 15:45 NYT price +/- 0.3 x 15-day ATR.
Also, once the position a profitable ( I use 0.5 x 15-day ATR ). I apply trailing stops since many a times the DowTrader system has the tendency to give back 150-200 points of profit and reverse the signal.

I can't comment on the effectiveness of this system, but I would advise that you paper trade and backtest a freely available system to see if it is profitable and meets your needs before shelling out on anything. Come on over to our Dow 2007 thread and search the forums for systems and advice.

I am a fairly new trader, and have been trading the YM for several months. I am currently playing with 2 profitable systems - one for position trading, another I am trying on paper for day trading. See my journal (link in sig, recent posts) for the system itself and more details.

Hope this helps.