Anyone used LS Trader ?

As per LS Trader website, they provide 'evidence' that they have managed atleast 150% returns for past 6 years.

It would be really appreciated if anyone who has or is experiencing this system to provide further information about it.

ls trader

could try looking at learn money co uk who have kind things to say about ls.

Learn money used to be cynically independent and professional...haven't used it for a while so not certain if this still applies. Comments welcome on ls, like everyone else!

I subscribed for two months. The system is nothing special. Trades only updated once per week. Makes money in a trending market. Absolutely sucks otherwise. They don't honour the 60-day, no quibble, money back guarantee. I would definitely not recommend it.

My mate uses them. He's down or breakeven this year (I think).

And yes, as the other poster said they'll make you a tonne of cash when the market(s) are trending but like any trend following strategy will give a lot back when the markets flip/flop.

If you can afford to lose but want the chance of making some big money then consider it.

If you can't afford to lose, and will be following their trades everyday, getting all excitied when the market goes up (assuming long) and depressed when it goes down then it's not for you.

Look at it as high risk but high reward and you won't go far wrong.

anley's post is bang on the button. Markets trend only around 30% of the time. The rest is spent counter-rending or breaking out. The problem for many guys is when they join an expensive service like this at an unfortunate time - at the start of a counter-trend. They see their bank go down and post that the system is junk -20% loss in their first 3 months etc. Instead, they should appreciate the facts and the reality of their trading system and then consider the long term performance. They will spend their day looking at 5 min charts instead of daily/weekly charts.... Paranoia sets in!
Oh, and I'm not a member of it either. I trade my own style of price based action using support, resistance, breakout and fib retracement action etc. It's all you need... It doesn't matter which market you are hoping to take profits from, the criteria is the same - human psychology is the key. Technical analysis works because the rest of the world applies it.....
Get rich slow - draw a few support and resistance lines and watch fib retracements? Hell! Become an 'expert' and market your system for millions. Sign up an army of Forex Mafia affiliates and become a millionaire overnight! LOL
Sorry, getting carried away...........
Making money here is easy. You just need to think your approach....

LS Trader is a complete con, the money back guarantee is also a con, AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Please explain your reasoning behind the allegation. You may just as well announce that your research indicates the earth to be flat without giving the reasoning behind it. We may wonder if it's really true....Trend trading is probably the most successful method of all, so I would expect it to work quite well long term. Large drawdowns should be expected. However, the long term trend should be upwards. If someone joins a system such as this at the 'wrong' time they may be on the start of a huge drawdown and thus think trend-following doesn't work.

I think the biggest problem people have with LS or any other similar service is the expectation of the average punter is totally unrealistic.

Basically they want a trading account to act like a salary/income, keep pumping out the money month after month like clockwork. So if a strategy is expected to make 60% a year they expect 5% a month (no compounding) every month. And when it doesn't happen, say it goes 6 months losing 3% a month it's automatically total crap.

Trend followers can go for months not making a penny and then bam, catch a few good ones and all the money that's lost is made back and a profit leading to the 60% return over the year.

This is why in my opinion the majority aren't suited to the financial markets, they seem to think it's their right to only have gains and get all upset when losses occur, even if they are short term.

Look how many people are complaining about the value of their pension for example? Well, if you don't like potential losses why have you been investing in securities that can go lower? Instead they should have kept all their cash on deposit but then they'd only complain they were earning 4% a year when perhaps the stockmarket went up 20% :)

Sounds like you are something to do with the LS Trader system, I am speaking from my experience of using the so called system. A few of the trades went into profit i.e Gold in late January however with the system only being able to adjusted at the end of the week profits turned into substantial losses, maybe bad timing? or maybe just a con? IMO the LS Trader system claims alot and delivers nothing but LOSSES. I also requested my 60 day refund and it was declined.

I agree with anley and I have no connection with LS Trader. I take an interest in people's views across the entire T2W boards, not just LSTrader.

I think the biggest problem people have with LS or any other similar service is the expectation of the average punter is totally unrealistic.

Basically they want a trading account to act like a salary/income, keep pumping out the money month after month like clockwork. So if a strategy is expected to make 60% a year they expect 5% a month (no compounding) every month. And when it doesn't happen, say it goes 6 months losing 3% a month it's automatically total crap.

I am speaking from my experience of using the so called system. A few of the trades went into profit i.e Gold in late January however with the system only being able to adjusted at the end of the week profits turned into substantial losses, maybe bad timing? or maybe just a con? IMO the LS Trader system claims alot and delivers nothing but LOSSES.

Hit the nail on the head there, Anley.

Trend followers can go for months not making a penny and then bam, catch a few good ones and all the money that's lost is made back and a profit leading to the 60% return over the year.

This is why in my opinion the majority aren't suited to the financial markets, they seem to think it's their right to only have gains and get all upset when losses occur, even if they are short term.

Look how many people are complaining about the value of their pension for example? Well, if you don't like potential losses why have you been investing in securities that can go lower? Instead they should have kept all their cash on deposit but then they'd only complain they were earning 4% a year when perhaps the stockmarket went up 20% :)

anley is phil seaton or robert stewart....thats assuming phil seaton and robert stewart are not bogus aliases!...

You say that trend followers can go for months not making a penny and then suddenly BAM....BAM returns sounds a little to much like gambling...looking for that one lucky bet to break even!...not good at all...Anyone can gamble and lose, trading well is not so simple IMO.

truth is that ls traders robot trading system sucks....

LS TRADER takes too many trades in correlated markets and enters near end of trend just before its about to reverse....when the markets go against ls traders positions massive damage is caused.....this is a very high risk programme IMO.

im using another service now which is run by a team of real traders with a more hands on approach during the week...their results have been positive, not a single down month yet probably cos they seem to know how to hedge and navigate correlated markets.

Does anyone on here actually use LS Trader? The problem with its website is the lack of up to date trading performance. Sure you can see the trades for 2007 and 2008 but there's a total lack of visibilty re ongoing performance. That's just how they like it presumably. I wonder why? This is the sort of system that should do well over the long term. Are the subscribers discovering that perhaps the future doesn't actually relate very well to the backtested past? If LS does only update once a week I would have thought that to be insufficient given the current market turmoil and volatility. Surely a more 'hands-on' approach is needed currently? It also seems to be far too expensive given the availability of alternate systems on the collective.

there're plenty of systems around that are very good identifying trending stocks, otherwise they are all useless. Why would you try to sell a winning formula for a few quid?

Does anyone on here actually use LS Trader? The problem with its website is the lack of up to date trading performance. Sure you can see the trades for 2007 and 2008 but there's a total lack of visibilty re ongoing performance. That's just how they like it presumably. I wonder why? This is the sort of system that should do well over the long term. Are the subscribers discovering that perhaps the future doesn't actually relate very well to the backtested past? If LS does only update once a week I would have thought that to be insufficient given the current market turmoil and volatility. Surely a more 'hands-on' approach is needed currently? It also seems to be far too expensive given the availability of alternate systems on the collective.

the total lack of visibility in performance is DELIBERATE cos they are DOWN BIG time this year....LSTRADER really wouldn't want potential new customers to know about the huge losses that current users have taken would they???..

ls trader got caught shorting everything while market was moving up, and then continued to short more and more correlated markets with stops as wide as the grand canyon....ls trader is now going long on everything and as per usual, LS TRADER is going long more and more in correlated markets...knowing ls traders luck based system, markets will probably start to reverse now punishing all those that susbscribe to ls trader again....A double wammy!!!...lol(n)(n)

It sounds as if you've taken quite a hit from LS and are feeling a bit aggrieved. The problem with these trend followers is you don't know when the transition from consolidation to trending will begin. If you get in toward the start of a consolidation phase you could see a difficult to deal with drawdown before you lurch into profit.