Dow opening times.

Kinger

This is probably a daft question but I'm trying a new system on the dow and S&P.
But when is the right time to put the trade on when living in the UK ?
I know the US is 5 hours behind, so do they open at 8 or 9, judging by the movements in the markets around 9 (or 3pm UK time) I presume its them.
Using ShareScope I'm taking into account the days open, and don't want to open a position at say 9am UK time.

Which sort of leads me onto another question as to when does Sharescopes open price start from ? The start of the trading day at (9am) or 00:01 ?

Thanks in advance.

Kinger said:
This is probably a daft question but I'm trying a new system on the dow and S&P.
But when is the right time to put the trade on when living in the UK ?
I know the US is 5 hours behind, so do they open at 8 or 9, judging by the movements in the markets around 9 (or 3pm UK time) I presume its them.
Using ShareScope I'm taking into account the days open, and don't want to open a position at say 9am UK time.

Which sort of leads me onto another question as to when does Sharescopes open price start from ? The start of the trading day at (9am) or 00:01 ?

Thanks in advance.

The S&P trades on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange

www.cme.com

I know it well because that's what I like to trade. The Cash index trades 8.30 to 15:00 (Chicago time) which is 14:30- 21:00 UK time.

The futures markets trade almost 24 hours (23 hrs 45min) from 15:30 to 15:15 the next day. ie/ they settle at 21:15 UK time and open again at 21:30 UK time. However even for the Futures market the majority of the volume takes place during cash market hours 14:30 - 21:00 UK