Dow Intraday Charts 29 Aug - 02Sept

Hi

Not so good today

A Long rule 2 [half trade]. Moved stop to BE. Stop taken for 0 points

B Long rule 2 [half trade]. @10158

C Long rule 4 [half trade]. @10145 Stop taken @ 10131 for -20 points

Of course the clues were there. The Support @ just under 10170 was broken after 6.00pm and also CM's 10min channel support line went around then. There was a pullback confirmation to retest these two [now] resistance levels. This should have been the clue I needed to scrap the +-15 rules and go short. I even saw them real-time...... Just stupid I guess! Still not too much damage done.

Regards

Bill

+-15 ema Rules are

1. Short if price crosses 100ema and touches/crosses 100ema+15
2. Long if price crosses 100ema and touches 100ema-15.
3. Short if nd and/or price is 100ema +15 [or v close]
4. Long if pd and/or price is 100ema -15 [or v close]
5. Don't trade in the 1st hour
6. Stop losses above/below obvious SR

Attachments

• dow_300804.gif
    dow_300804.gif
    32 KB · Views: 378
Dear HINDSIGHT - I predict the close will be between 10120 and 10130.

My twopence on today's action ...

Nice bounce off 64 again (chart 1 attached), I think it's the third time in the last week I have taken a gamble on a bounce off 64 and it has paid off.

Triangle formed with a mouth at A giving a target of +/-35, target met (plus a bit more) at point B.

Hope you all had a good day's trading!

Justyn.

Attachments

• chart.gif
    chart.gif
    5.1 KB · Views: 376
  • chart2.gif
    chart2.gif
    11 KB · Views: 360
I do it all the time... gets better with practice...
Dropped out of the channel after ND, but moving into OS territory. So where now? Off support and back up? Or just a pullback and more down?

Attachments

• dow 30-08-04 10.gif
    dow 30-08-04 10.gif
    34.7 KB · Views: 387
Good take off 64, but don'dt push your luck, J. That was probably the trade of the day.... the reast of the day went sideways, developing into a bear triangle with T1 target. It struggled to get there, but made it in the end....
I thought the SR switch would do the biz, but it failed at the close....

Attachments

• dow 30-08-04 1.gif
    dow 30-08-04 1.gif
    22.7 KB · Views: 399
Bill said:
Ah yes Justyn.... very easy with HINDSIGHT! :)

Bill

EDIT

Sorry Hindsight forgettin' me manners. Welcome to the Dow thread. Best on the net. Have a look at
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=5785
if you want to see what it's all about. [Please ignore naff joke]

Thanks for the link Bill, I got caught out today was long 184, got stopped out, then reentered again long at 151, next stop is at 101 on a december contract. Looking at the screen now theres a chance im going to get stopped out over night.

Right on cue, a reversal as the Dow hit the 61.8% fib retracement level of the last major downleg with ND on RSI showing the way……..10220ish has been a major S/R fulcrum level previously and a break of this could result in some decent upside imho.

Major economic data is being released this week with the ISM index on Wednesday and NF payrolls on Friday; and market reaction to these numbers will clearly drive the charts……

10220 could have a retest imho…..

(speculation......speculation........... ;) )

Attachments

• 31-08-04.gif
    31-08-04.gif
    28.1 KB · Views: 380
FWIW chaps, im favouring a drop to 10,080-ish today, before a hefty bounce up until thursday afternoon.

it appears to be the most likely of the 3 scenarios that could be in play this week.

could all go tong though..

FC

not done yet :)

reckon it might have another stab in the nether regions...

right, am off home now. orders are in. i'll survey the bodies on the battlefield tomorrow...

FetteredChinos said:
FWIW chaps, im favouring a drop to 10,080-ish today, before a hefty bounce up until thursday afternoon.

it appears to be the most likely of the 3 scenarios that could be in play this week.

could all go tong though..

FC

Excellent forcast,could i ask what made you predict 10080 as the bottom today?
Many Thanks
Llew

hi mate, cant really say in any great detail..

what i can say, is that we had moved sufficiently from previous close levels, and coupled with daily patterns, a low in the region of 10,080 looked likely.

current target for this bounce is about 10,200. then looking for a reversal south on thursday in the 10,260 region.

lets see if it pans out.

good trading all.

FC

FetteredChinos ... you are THE MAN. Well done, I take my hat off to you.

Justyn.

credit must go to other people im afraid, much as i would like to take it myself, i would feel wrong to do so.

righty ho, signing off now.

toodle-pip chaps.

FC

I was wondering the same thing, so I took a closer look. Not being one for looking too close at Horizontal support/res lines, I messed the obvious. I prefer to work in channels, mostly. You can see from the chart that 10,080 is a clear support possibility. Chinos got there by a different route it seems.This current move has a target of 190... Is this the mother of all pullbacks to take us to infinity and beyond? TradeSmart will know.....

Attachments

• dow 31-08-04 10.gif
    dow 31-08-04 10.gif
    38.4 KB · Views: 213
CM, sorry to butt in, just as i was popping out the door. had a look at your charts/indicators.

looks as though we have hidden divergance on the longer term. ie higher low in price, lower low in indicators, or as near as dammit.

as far as i can recall, this usually is a sign of a pullback rather than change in trend isnt it? our indicator experts may be able to help. but i would say that the move up has considerably more room to go...

:)

FC

edit:- must stress in the longer term , not necessarily this week!!! but then again, who knows..