Dow Intraday charts 2/Feb - 6/Feb

ChartMan

Legendary member
New week.

Hi Peeps monday first target high is 10506 droping back to 10478 and finish 10549 tuesday early high 10601 then sideways and down to 10538 wednesday down into thursday targeting 10419 looking to finish week at10418 level with retest of 10380 Tuesdays high may come late monday if we dont hit low monday as always trade what you see I will remain bearish below 10660 looking to sell the highs.

Posted by DC2000

Obviously hedging your bets slightly CM......... :cheesy: :LOL: :cheesy:

mind you 104118 seems slightly bullish....... :eek:

I can reveal my trading plan for the week:-

I am going to trade to Gordon Gekko's Dow Comp entry

he's definitely an insider................. :cool:

edit:- 104118 has suddenly become 10418 - is this bearish..?!

Last edited:
Well, the 10 & 60 min charts both show a well defined triangle about 100 high – clearly meaningful and suggesting a good break from the choppy indecision of the last two sessions, since the massive 200point drop caused by a subtle change in the language used by the FOMC……..!?

The charts don’t drive themselves, and at 15.00 today we have a potential market mover, the ISM index data. Last Friday the Chicago PMI data was ahead of expectations and this is can be a good hint as to the ISM outcome – the futures are up today in anticipation.

The 60min chart notional downtrend lines have top and bottom levels at about 10550/10375 – both levels that have been mentioned as potential targets recently – what a coincidence….. :cool:

The ISM data will provide direction for today…..and it will be a solid move imho

Attachments

• 01-02-04b.gif
    01-02-04b.gif
    74.5 KB · Views: 895
TS - trouble is catching the bloody thing when it moves - usually with this kind of news its too late to enter a trade if u're sb'ing.

Might experiment with a buy and sell order just above n below triangle breakout points.

Mom, I'm just going to try to get on board when I see which way it breaks - there's usually some kind of pullback in a strong move north or south + it could be choppy before the news at 15.00....

Good Luck :)

shorted at 490, covered at 65 on bounce and now waiting for potential bear flag on 10 min to complete.

edit : target 10410, but it has to breaj 445 resistance first

Mom

How did you come up with the target of 10410? from the triangle I expect but could you put it in easy to understand terms?

Thanks

Mom

It is the rough cal I do not understand? could you show it to me or put it down in the numbers.Is it on the 1 min chart

Thanks

Kathy

take the pole on 10 min chart and add it (downwards) to the flag

edit : only thing is, now have PD as well on 1 min so might not make it.

should say subtract the pole from the flag :)

scrappy, but here it is- watch the PD..... and RSI O/S

Attachments

• image1.gif
    image1.gif
    37 KB · Views: 771
Took a long @ 10,650 due the 3PD RSI.....to realise that it was not over the reuired 25mins!!! Stop out at 10,455

CM - maybe - but I'm kinda wary of going long today - numbers didn't look good.

flat at the mo.

good call CM :)

still price / rsi ratio looks weak on move up so am definately not going long for now.

Inv H&S showing now -I'm long (but maybe not for too long ;) )

That data wasn't bad - it just didn't quite match analysts whisper numbers - often the case :confused:

ps - that wasn't an outright tank was it? - and it actually drew quite a nice bull flag on the way down!! (+ 32 rools as CM said.....)

Gordon Gekko knows where this is going.....

Last edited:
I'm walking away from this one for a while - don't know which way to turn and it's too tempting to make a trade.

60 min still showing a triangle with flattish bottom at 450 - could be a bear triangle, or could be strong support.

Dunno, so taking a walk.

Catch u later chaps - good luck

Any idea what has caused the sudden surge? is it when the UK market closes?

Kathy

no just more buying than selling. it could be short stops tiggered, etc. nobody knows. Note do not short just because it jumps 30+points. Always wait till you have a signal.