Dow Intraday charts 13/10 - 17/10

Rosso,

My s/l strategy was only for CM's +-20/100 EMA rule - didn't cater for those gambles where, for eg, go short on a 3pk ND or long on a dbl bottome or if a triangle break went against u.

Learnt my lesson - i hope. Good idea to put in the electronic stop loss - that way u can't easily change your mind - shame that it can't be a tight one with spreadbetters - much easier with IB I guess!

Anyone willing to stick their neck out & predict which we are going to break from this range?

My guess & it is only a guess. Think we are heading down next week, but it could break up tonight to the 9790 region FB then down. Could seethe S&P 1020 level strong support there & don't forget the gap that needs filling

IMHO

Been long off 9732 since 17:15, support had held but been a bit scary over the the past 10 mins, maybe time for an early night

Oaty,

Strange mine were (are ) too. :)

30min has given a deadman crossover of the 10 & 50emas

looking back at the daily chart, there was a shooting star followed by a harami 15th /10 2003.

Prices never got past the top of the real body of the star @ c.9833

Still expecting a bounce back up next week before a slide.

Imho

So the Bears have it.Down channel it is, but for how long?

Attachments

• dow 17-10-03 10.gif
    dow 17-10-03 10.gif
    27.8 KB · Views: 340
Easy down day, and a long wait to find a bottom at 8pm ish. And then it was a total waste going long.It probably wasn't too profitable going short, either....

Attachments

• dow 17-10-03 1.gif
    dow 17-10-03 1.gif
    16.6 KB · Views: 353
CM, maybe I'm still half asleep as I type this but where are the first three hours' trade on your chart?

No, It's me that's totally asleep. :( I never even noticed. Still can't get up a full day's chart. Same on ES

Sierra help

Hi CM

Any ideas how I can get a 1 min weekly chart on sierra, I only seem to be able to get it if it is 5 min.

Kathy

You can't. The maximum view is 3 days on a 1 min chart. A 2 min. chart will just fit 5 days.
ChartMan

hi rustic1 - I'm not sure that you will find one week's worth of 1 min chart any help.

I've just put that onto a chart, and even on the tightest bar setting (candles would be wider) the chart stretches across two monitors. :D

Sim's right. More than couple of days on a 1 min is a bit pointless... On a 1 min chart, you're trading now, not last week. Different if your time scale is 10/30 min charts...

I just wanted to see if there are any patterns forming. I will have a look again at the 10 mins like yours CM. When looking for patterns on a 10 min over how many days should I take. Also if i want to draw a trend lines & a channel how far back do i go, is it until I see the lowest low & highest high?

Thanks

Kathy

Again, it depends on your trading time scale and what you are looking for. Patterns are not as useful on the DOW as knowing where the channels are for 10 min trading. For 1 min trading, whilst you need to be aware of the channels, patterns are No.1.

CM
What patterns do you think are most important?

Also when I do the trendlines on the 10 then change it to 1 min I loose them sometimes if outside the price range and the right hand side.

I have also tries putting on the Fib lines but they seem to get lost as well.

Thanks

Kathy

When I need to erase a line on sierra it numbers them what do i do then? to erase a particular numbered line

Thanks

the number appears, then type the number you want to delete and press enter. the respective trend line will then be removed

HTH

....after thought, if you want to remove the last trend line you applied then press ctrl+del together

10 min trendlines will sometimes rollover into a 1 minchart! very handy! Often they don't.