Dow 2009

the bulls will try a get it above 8550 by the end of the week, otherwise we will have a monthly close below the 200 day moving average, this has not happened since 1982.
the two main periods in the last 90 years where we spent some time below were 1938 to 1945 and 1974 to 1982, both periods the market went sideways in a wide range.I think this will happen again over the next 5 to 8 years. the range could be somewhere between 5000 and 10000.

i will sell at 8470 if we can get their in the next few days,although it might have trouble getting above 8400.

slightly different post from me...

just wondering how other people trade the dow. i trade the dow PM & ftse AM atm. it has been particuarly range bound recently and thus very difficult. do you just not trade? something i find very difficult to do!

ff

dow0128ex7.png

slightly different post from me...

just wondering how other people trade the dow. i trade the dow PM & ftse AM atm. it has been particuarly range bound recently and thus very difficult. do you just not trade? something i find very difficult to do!

ff

I've been scalping DOW recently but more trading Cable and EurUsd at the mo.

Looking for the next big wave down really. It's simply that after the big falls last year some pull back is inevitable imo.

Long term I have cable @ 1.30, EurUsd @ 1.50 and DOW at 7500 and lower. Short term I'm just enjoying these momentous time

I've been scalping DOW recently but more trading Cable and EurUsd at the mo.

Looking for the next big wave down really. It's simply that after the big falls last year some pull back is inevitable imo.

Long term I have cable @ 1.30, EurUsd @ 1.50 and DOW at 7500 and lower. Short term I'm just enjoying these momentous time

yeh i looked at everything recently i did a hell of a lot of research over crimbo. i came out with still trading the dow & ftse. i read nearly every forum & book going.
Going back to the very basics was the key. kiss - keep it simple stupid.

i was interested by eurusd V usdchf and the effect it has on everything else. cable was interesting but found forex a bit too choppy. gbpchf vs eurgbp is mental if you get it right.

gone back to my cmc charts as metatrader just does not work for me for indices - i just cant resist trading with metatrader whereas with my basic cmc charts i do much, much better as i stay out of the market as i just trade 30min charts with a 50ema and momentum indicator, thats it.

if you trade eurusd V usdchf, metatrader is very good using pivots. try fibo_piv3 from forex tsd, awesome stuff!! best thing to do is get up 6.30am and trade before you go to work till 7.30am ish. usually get direction from the euro market open 7am GMT. theres a few people on trade2win who do that.

most metatrader indicators are merely a representation of being above or below an MA or a pivot. had a look into market profile the other night thats pretty interesting.

with regard to dow have you seen the recession comparison charts? we are on that ledge at the mo 8000 - 7500.. epic.

One thing history thought me in 2008 is to do my fundamental aswell well as technical. I financial report or interested rate announcement could create a trader's nightmare (spikes)...Happy trading to all over the new hope we make the best of this 'discounted value' period. Ade

im dieing of boredom the dow has been HORRID to trade this week..

im waiting for the next short signal and im just gona hold it to the close there apears to be NO buyers today

im dieing of boredom the dow has been HORRID to trade this week..

im waiting for the next short signal and im just gona hold it to the close there apears to be NO buyers today

yeh back in this nasty area just above 8000. i just cant see it holding.

its clear, sell the highs but there is absolutely no way im buying lows no matter what anyone says.

really dunno where the volume has gone, perhaps half the worlds trades have just given up??

i think everyones coming to realise its f****d. its in a tight range, it keeps reverting to the 8000 area and for medium - long term trades it sucks.