Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long @ 10554.

Long again @ 10555

I missed out on the drop unfortunately, but looking to go long at some stage, I haven't got a signal yet on my system, but you got a nice entry their Atilla, hope can join you long soon, I'll post as I trade, gut feeling, we will drop into the close, offering a possible long into the open currenly 10563, lets see

2020:, still dropping, I see nothing yet to suggest anything other than down, now 10501, (should have shorted it now)!!

Last edited:
Now long @ 10440.

Closed @ 10408.

That's it still up but given back 60% of gains back. Really stupid. :eek:

Kondaliev, was right. Should have taken that brake and locked gains in.

Going to read bed time stories now. Good trading guys... (y)

Question is will 10500 hold. I reckon so. If not then 10,000 as was touted by a number of people on these threads.

My feelings are let the markets deal with this.

Tax payers should not fund shareholder loss.

Also, weak banks will be taken over by the strong ones. May take some months but not the end of the day. Shareholders can afford to make losses. Layman on the street can't afford the taxes.

We need a revolution. Let the capitalists hang them selves with their greed.

If I was a senator I would vote against this bill. Moreover, remember half of this money is to finance the war chest of the Pentagon. Dick Chaney can bail out the banks out of his loose change. :mad:

I still hold the view a big spritely Tiger (as in Winnie the Pooh) bounce is due soon.

Dan the bank man, which Banks you recommend now? I fancy JP Morgan Cazenove & Barclays at the mo. I may add them to my portfolio. What do you think? Any advice will be much appreciated... (y)

Atilla,

the problem with letting the market deal with the problem is that their is not enough money around to deal with it. The big strong banks you mention are infact very weak and are being held together by money from the Fed. Have you had a look at the Federal Reserves balance sheet. According to Barrons it only has 42.5% of it balance sheet holding treasury's, the rest is made up of mortgage backed securities and whatever other crap the banks have swapped with them over the last year. We are heading for the worst downturn we will ever see in our lives and without the money it will be worse.
Don't get me wrong, I don't want them to have the money either but without it it will be alot worse. No bonus payments for any bank worker for the next couple of years should be one of the requirements for passing this bill.
the TED spread, which is the difference between three-month LIBOR and three-month US Treasury bills is over 2.00 which is a sign the system is breaking down. The last time it was this high was just before the big crash in 1987.
Lets hope they can sort something out to limit the damage.

Last edited:
Atilla,

the problem with letting the market deal with the problem is that their is not enough money around to deal with it. The big strong banks you mention are infact very weak and are being held together by money from the Fed. Have you had a look at the Federal Reserves balance sheet. According to Barrons it only has 42.5% of it balance sheet holding treasury's, the rest is made up of mortgage backed securities and whatever other crap the banks have swapped with them over the last year. We are heading for the worst downturn we will ever see in our lives and without the money it will be worse.
Don't get me wrong, I don't want them to have the money either but without it it will be alot worse. No bouns payments for any bank worker for the next couple of years should be one of the requirements for passing this bill.
the TED spread, which is the difference between three-month LIBOR and three-month US Treasury bills is over 2.00 which is a sign the system is breaking down. The last time it was this high was just before the big crash in 1987.
Lets hope they can sort something out to limit the damage.

Perhaps you are right Breadman, but once panick at this level creeps in I think there will always be winners and losers.

Big relatively strong banks will eat up the small vulnerable ones until there are few with greater power and less competition.

If 10500 fails to hold I think 10,000 will be tested.

Absolutely loved today!

Always nice when the Dow fat cats get their ar$e whipped :)

Bring on another 1000 pt down day! (and let the Fed stop shorting across the board)

Status
Not open for further replies.