Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
S&p futs getting absol caned as are euro indices but dow still above last week's lows - opp or not :)

This aint making sense my models (Stacy in particular) are adamant we should break 730 given the rest of the action on global indices but it hasn't happened...... (yet) ?

wait for first decent rally to get short:idea:....or it may be an "oops" trade? The breakdown from flag formations (since Jan lows to begin of march) MAY mean some "scary" downside moves ahead - DAX chart only posted - but DOW is similar.. obviously interspersed with some rate cuts and other CB moves:whistling

Attachments

• DAX DAILY.png
    DAX DAILY.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 151
Cheers Cat

wait for first decent rally to get short:idea:....or it may be an "oops" trade? The breakdown from flag formations (since Jan lows to begin of march) MAY mean some "scary" downside moves ahead - DAX chart only posted - but DOW is similar.. obviously interspersed with some rate cuts and other CB moves:whistling

That little one (referred to earlier) was short from 811 (dow cash) today...and made some dough but the other ones ARE strategic and taking some off at the mo... :D

Now I'm looking to go long short term if the MAR spfuts can hold 1253/55 zone (overnight floor). I would not trade the MAR for obvious reasons - any longs will be for JUN.

The safer short term longs for those crazy enough to do it would be a break of 1263 based on march futs and ideally formation of low over 1261........all based on march s&p futs.... for a run at 1271/2 very short term.

OIL is falling over so worth considering the long side for those MAD enough............

That little one (referred to earlier) was short from 811 (dow cash) today...and made some dough but the other ones ARE strategic and taking some off at the mo... :D

Now I'm looking to go long short term if the MAR spfuts can hold 1253/55 zone (overnight floor). I would not trade the MAR for obvious reasons - any longs will be for JUN.

The safer short term longs for those crazy enough to do it would be a break of 1263 based on march futs and ideally formation of low over 1261........all based on march s&p futs.... for a run at 1271/2 very short term.

OIL is falling over so worth considering the long side for those MAD enough............
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Early days but looks like we're getting a big reversal candle on the daily chart.

If rally falls over then that's fine but ....... for now overnight SPIKE lows seem to have held ... as they usually (but not always) do........

With stops in place and longs in profit .......... any wobble will happen in plain view (right in the cross-hairs). We have not convincingly held the flat line YET ......... so plenty of fun and games....

Heads up - if this rally flops then remember we might get Mega rate cut tomorrow - at least some will think so - ............. Hence would expect any abject weakness to be bought into the decision.... but for now we could be getting that pre fed bounce a bit early.........

:)

More waffle - the spx is more interesting than the dow cos we have an extreme position in that we got NEW LOWS.....

If this new low is a fake out low (marginal) we could rally hard the next few days..... 1300/1320+ ?
4Me it all depends on how the spx closes. If well above 1285 on close would be interesting.......

I'm not getting into that one about is THIS the low ........ I've proved that's not my area of expertise :)

It's game on now with spx testing the years lows........ longs are much lower risk than they have been for ages.... doesn't mean long is the way to go though ....... :)

Watching and waiting........ just in case we are at launchpad for late day rally....

Still Waiting.......

It's game on now with spx testing the years lows........ longs are much lower risk than they have been for ages.... doesn't mean long is the way to go though ....... :)

Watching and waiting........ just in case we are at launchpad for late day rally....

We're soon to enter the twilight zone in and around 2pm ish +/- NY time....
we have a nice downtrend intraday (spx) and not far from the day/years lows.... I'm taking aim as ever just in case.........:LOL:

NB: Nikkei hit fib support from the last multiyear run up and now about 40pips off last nighs lows.....
okay okay okay a bit exotic but.........

Here's one if the late rally continues then europe could be too cheap (it got minced today remember)
if not you know what to do .... :LOL:

Here's one if the late rally continues then europe could be too cheap (it got minced today remember)
if not you know what to do .... :LOL:

Last hour and half could tell the tale but I'm already long Ftse for some carry through tomorrow (hopefully) - Ftse closed regular sesh at day lows.......!!! So for those waiting to see how US closes the guess will be how much is reasonable to price into the ftse...tomorrow morning.... Thankfully (for the time being) that's not a calc I need to make.... but things could change :p

Last hour and half could tell the tale but I'm already long Ftse for some carry through tomorrow (hopefully) - Ftse closed regular sesh at day lows.......!!! So for those waiting to see how US closes the guess will be how much is reasonable to price into the ftse...tomorrow morning.... Thankfully (for the time being) that's not a calc I need to make.... but things could change :p

The way I see it, is that only a clear break of 1285 on the S&P opens room for the upside.
Oops, this is the DOW thread :) 12025'ish on the DOW then (considering current volatility that's +/- 50 points)

Not much to say really....

The way I see it, is that only a clear break of 1285 on the S&P opens room for the upside.
Oops, this is the DOW thread :) 12025'ish on the DOW then (considering current volatility that's +/- 50 points)

Everyone was set up for a late day rally hopefully towards 1285 (or more on close if poss)
all in advance :)lol:). The market rallied to more than 1285 (around 30pts [~ 300 dow points ]in all with relatively low risk) and then the Baskets did not want to hold em overnight and took profits ... just a minor blemish :p:sneaky:

Ftse and Dax rallied hard with us rally and hopefully some were able to make a few pennies from that...

FW - So it was you and your band who p****d on my parade at the end :LOL:
Yep clear break would have opened up room to the upside - but that did not happen tonight clearly.... However Tuesday is another day ........ and avid readers both of them should be well- primed as to how I will "attempt" to play it being fed day and all !

I see Abby Cohen will no longer be making market calls for Goldman - one time legend but you gotta know when to bow out if not .......... - I keep telling Sir Alex but he won't listen - Thankfully Cantona did listen :LOL:..........

12025+50 gives 12075 ... 12084 the high, but rejected, so still in check
usually this build up in volatility leads to a build up in downside ;)

Good trade today Firewalker. We appeared to be on the same page. I actually made lots more trades today but market was too volatile to post them, although I had my best day this year points wize.

Also went short a small amount a minute ago on that little spike (spx), im looking for downside tomorrow. Stop is in place should it go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.