Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know he probs couldn't get away with doing a Spanish... :LOL:

But i tought in prop firms they just gave you your computer and let you get on with it in your own way n style though, providing it made you profit each week??

But can i just ask you 2 questions please mate-

what size stoploss were you using on the Dow??

When I first went in at 11,155, I had a stop at 11,114 (41 ticks) which was the day low before the entry was triggered.

The remaining three times I bought it my stop was at 11,111 (44 ticks) which was again for the same reason as above.

The reason I wanted to be a buyer was because of the hammer on the hourly TF that occured close to the previous days lows and also at the bottom of a trend channel on the hourly and daily TF. (see chart)

I tried to run this as I thought it could possibly have good potential upside but the volatility caused me to take a few ticks on each trade despite seeing about 120 in profit over the four trades.

I missed the double bottom as I was at home. Very annoying as I would no doubt have taken it if I had been in the office!

And what drection did you think it was going to close in today??

I believed it was going to be an up day today.

I called the long from 11,155 with a stop at 11,072 (82 ticks) to my systems subscribers on Collective2.com and the trade is, currently, still in play and +80 ticks.

Attachments

• dow.gif
    dow.gif
    17.3 KB · Views: 173
Tell me someone went long the hourly double bottom. I've never seen anything like it!!

I've been trying to get long all day. I've bought this four times at 11,155 - each time seen the trade move between 20 and 60 ticks into profit before coming back and taking me out.

It's difficult to run things at the moment.

Came out +24 ticks on the day. I must have had 120 ticks on the table at one point. lol

I had one good run and death by a thousand cuts as they say. Getting stopped out many times. I think this market is moving sideways and will give way sooner or later. The pattern has been amazing.

I considered going short again before leaving work but didn't take it which I now regret.

I still hold the view market is more likely to rise than fall at the moment based on the weekly charts but looking at the smaller time frames I'd say after another bounce to 11400-500 we will soon test 10930s. (Perhaps my earlier target of 11600+ was a little premature.

Fibonelli, if you are out there, Mr Bernanke is
37709d1215449414-dow-2008-
still working on it. (y)

I'm looking for a target of 11400s tomorrow.

But i tought in prop firms they just gave you your computer and let you get on with it in your own way n style though, providing it made you profit each week??

That is true but they give you a daily loss limit which for us, in the beginning is £400 - £500.

I trade differently to the large majority of traders at my firm who are either scalpers or very short term traders.

When I first went in at 11,155, I had a stop at 11,114 (41 ticks) which was the day low before the entry was triggered.

The remaining three times I bought it my stop was at 11,111 (44 ticks) which was again for the same reason as above.

The reason I wanted to be a buyer was because of the hammer on the hourly TF that occured close to the previous days lows and also at the bottom of a trend channel on the hourly and daily TF. (see chart)

I tried to run this as I thought it could possibly have good potential upside but the volatility caused me to take a few ticks on each trade despite seeing about 120 in profit over the four trades.

I missed the double bottom as I was at home. Very annoying as I would no doubt have taken it if I had been in the office!

I believed it was going to be an up day today.

I called the long from 11,155 with a stop at 11,072 (82 ticks) to my systems subscribers on Collective2.com and the trade is, currently, still in play and +80 ticks.

Oooh that is just harsh, as stop was barely above the 5day low.. :confused:

Would you ever have traded with a stop at around 11,075??

Oooh that is just harsh, as stop was barely above the 5day low.. :confused:

Would you ever have traded with a stop at around 11,075??

11,072 was where the "safe" stop was placed on the original call I made.

I traded it a little tighter at my prop firm.

Can i ask what your capitalis in your account at your firm btw please mate?? ;)

We start with zero in our account but are given the margin to buy a certain number of lots in the market we trade and a daily stop loss of £400 - £500.

Lot sizes vary from market to market. FTSE trades initially have 6 lot limits (£60 per full tick)

I've got access to more markets than others because of the strategy I trade.

We start with zero in our account but are given the margin to buy a certain number of lots in the market we trade and a daily stop loss of £400 - £500.

Lot sizes vary from market to market. FTSE trades initially have 6 lot limits (£60 per full tick)

I've got access to more markets than others because of the strategy I trade.

:-0:-0

cant you trade less per pip, but have bigger s/l??

I too had a hard day yesterday but still managed a little profit.

I watched my first two longs go into profit, moved stop losses to b/e which both got hit:rolleyes:

Third time lucky though, got in on the last low of the day (being the weekly low) at around 11085, was a bit premature pulling the trigger on this one as didnt want to see my profits disappear again, sold at 11175.:cheesy:

Theres lots of talk on bloomberg about this being a bottoming process:?:

Im not to sure and feel the longer this sideways movement goes on the more likely we will continue on the downside.(n)

For now I will be trading the range, keeping s/l tight

i also think we are close to a bottom for this down move.if 11000 does not hold looking for the 10700 to 10800 range.we might bottom today, 85 points of our low already.if not today monday/tuesday next week has a good chance.

i also think we are close to a bottom for this down move.if 11000 does not hold looking for the 10700 to 10800 range.we might bottom today, 85 points of our low already.if not today monday/tuesday next week.

Just gone long... Target 11400... Tight SL

i also think we are close to a bottom for this down move.if 11000 does not hold looking for the 10700 to 10800 range.we might bottom today, 85 points of our low already.if not today monday/tuesday next week has a good chance.

i should have added wednesday the 16 july as this is my first choice for a turn.
Fibonacci cycles, 16 of july is 144 days from the 18th Dec low and 89 days from the 10th of March low.
the 22 of Jan low to the 19 of May high is also a 50% time extension on the 18th of July.

Last edited:
Dam s/l hit again.:mad:

Should of kept my short going after initial break of range, price shot up after this though knocking my s/l out again, since then i have been bottom hunting.:(

Like Atilla said best sit this one out for a while I thinks

Status
Not open for further replies.