Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
still looking for 10500 soon!

feels like the move down accelerating..now we just need some REAL FEAR!!:devilish:

THEN...MAYBE... a tradeable low?!

Attachments

• DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A.png
    DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A.png
    36.8 KB · Views: 163
  • DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL june.png
    DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL june.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 151
Anyone been catching the waves today?

I took a nice long at 11185 and limit hit at 11300.

Been waiting for the 11185 area to be hit as is the bottom of my 1 hourly channel line

Waiting for my next short

Hi everyone,

Had a quiet week last week and I can't help thinking we will have more of the same this week.

I still feel next move is likely to be up as we are at the bottom of this long term Support line going back to last June 07.

The bigger H&S is playing out. I hold the view this is the pause before the bounce to the neck line. I think 11600s look reasonable for starters and possibly 11780s to the MA21.

MACD also looks well over sold and turning bullish.

I've put all my indicators to make a point wrt to another thread where indicators are deemed to be irrellevant. I quite like mine and use them all in different aspects.

The BB breakout is a classic after they narrow 12600s are breached and then there is a bounce back and then support fails coupled with Price and MA crossovers and the price tumbles away.

I've also put in the price lines to indicate LHighs.

At these levels unless we make a lower lows (below 11150s) I'd say the odds are we are going to see some rises.

On the 4 hour charts both MAs adn BBands are bunching up and look bullish.

In summary I'm expecting bounces up to 11600-800s.

Attachments

• US30 Cash-20080706.png
    US30 Cash-20080706.png
    36.4 KB · Views: 157
the monday pump up ain't working now :-0

Attachments

• bernankepump.gif
    bernankepump.gif
    12.4 KB · Views: 983
Finspreads has had a "phone only" for trading for the last 2 hours !

tough if the market isn't going your way ! probably can't get thru on the phone either
(n)

Finspreads has had a "phone only" for trading for the last 2 hours !

tough if the market isn't going your way ! probably can't get thru on the phone either
(n)

Working ok for me. -30 got stopped out... and the fight back has started.

I'm not sure if this was a shake out before the rise but DOW's so volatile best simply to trade the signals.

Last edited:
Working ok for me. -30 got stopped out... and the fight back has started.

I'm not sure if this was a shake out before the rise but DOW's so volatile best simply to trade the signals.

Strange ??
Perhaps they were being kind and cutting my losses before I made them !

Just a thought
Try getting up
After a wash and shave. You can save
Hours of frustrating
Trading. And
It's never too late.
More likely than not, we need it to be more
Profitable.

Before you think I've lost my marbles perhaps the ---- will make my proposition clearer. Not that you clever fellows didn't spot my little game ? ( hopefully )

Just a thought
Try -------getting up
After -----a wash and shave. You can save
Hours ----of frustrating
Trading. -And
It's --------never too late.
More ------likely than not, we need it to be more
Profitable.-----------

1. There are hardly any announcements after trading hours, By Ben Bernanke etc .
2.The futures prices are more likely to follow the expected path. A little pressure from the Nikkei but usually not much.
3.Can switch off and wake to see the result next morning ( UK time ).

Before you think I've lost my marbles perhaps the ---- will make my proposition clearer. Not that you clever fellows didn't spot my little game ? ( hopefully )

1. There are hardly any announcements after trading hours, By Ben Bernanke etc .
2.The futures prices are more likely to follow the expected path. A little pressure from the Nikkei but usually not much.
3.Can switch off and wake to see the result next morning ( UK time ).

Well on the 4 hourly charts I think we trying to break out of 11360-400 to stall the falls but I can't see the markets reaching 11400 so far. Mr Bernanke may be able to turn the tide with some nice words but time will tell.

Currently short again. I have target of 11140 at the mo.

Well on the 4 hourly charts I think we trying to break out of 11360-400 to stall the falls but I can't see the markets reaching 11400 so far. Mr Bernanke may be able to turn the tide with some nice words but time will tell.

Currently short again. I have target of 11140 at the mo.

Stopped out again. Looks like target was a little too far extended...

Tell me someone went long the hourly double bottom. I've never seen anything like it!!

I've been trying to get long all day. I've bought this four times at 11,155 - each time seen the trade move between 20 and 60 ticks into profit before coming back and taking me out.

It's difficult to run things at the moment.

Came out +24 ticks on the day. I must have had 120 ticks on the table at one point. lol

Tell me someone went long the hourly double bottom. I've never seen anything like it!!

I've been trying to get long all day. I've bought this four times at 11,155 - each time seen the trade move between 20 and 60 ticks into profit before coming back and taking me out.

It's difficult to run things at the moment.

Came out +24 ticks on the day. I must have had 120 ticks on the table at one point. lol

I have always sayed in my view you are the most skilled trader in the world i believe Dante, and so am not going to try making it sound like im trying to say im better than you, cos i very much doubt i am. lol

But can i just ask you 2 questions please mate-

what size stoploss were you using on the Dow??

And what drection did you think it was going to close in today??

Status
Not open for further replies.