Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
sell 12705

I'm short now too.

We've even surpassed R2 at 12682. Amazing stuff for the DOW given market news.

If it goes above 12755 I'd be looking for the door.

Weeklies look bearish,
Dailies look bullish
Short term hourly charts look like they are coming off their highs... (y)

I'm short now too.

We've even surpassed R2 at 12682. Amazing stuff for the DOW given market news.

If it goes above 12755 I'd be looking for the door.

Weeklies look bearish,
Dailies look bullish
Short term hourly charts look like they are coming off their highs... (y)

Atilla do you have a target in mind?

dow

Closed at 674, 20 pips profit. No technical reason
other than oil has not spiked up yet.
I am presently long crude, expect a spike up soon

Just closed at 12655m covered earlier losses + a bit of profit. target was about the 630 area but cant be arsed sitting waiting any longer, off for some dinner and a glass of wine, good trading all

Atilla do you have a target in mind?

Hi Dan,

Target = 12634 for starters.

The first chart shows essentially the two Fib retraces which I thought we'd pull back to based on previous falls. I thought if the Fib 23 12600 is breached then Fib 38 12700 highly likely. Given the strength of the bear market I thought Fib 50 or 61 is unlikely scenario but now I'm not sure looking at the daily charts which are still bullish.

As for target based on this short position from 12700s, I have pivot point R1=12634 which is virtually in the middle of Fib retraces 23% & 38% again. I don't really have much idea what or why but simply use Fib retracement as potential turning points.

My MAs have also been breached by the price line and if the DEMA8 cuts DEMA21 heading down I'm likely to hold longer.

Right now on the hourly charts MACD and Stochastics also showing overbought poisitions so I'll sit and watch for a while.

This one has been a good catch as I have been patiently waiting for it for two days...

However, still worried by the daily charts still looking very bearish. Thinking of taking closing half position size and trailing SL to 12690... :rolleyes:

Attachments

• US30 Cash-20080529-D1.png
    US30 Cash-20080529-D1.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 162
  • US30 Cash-20080529-D2.png
    US30 Cash-20080529-D2.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 166
Just closed at 12655m covered earlier losses + a bit of profit. target was about the 630 area but cant be arsed sitting waiting any longer, off for some dinner and a glass of wine, good trading all

Good move Dan, I was thinking the same thing but I'm still in my trade with original pos but SL at 690 so at least I have some pips in the bag...

Likewise here, I'm going to watch a little more of the Eurovision song contest now... Sad but true I know... :p

Hi everyone,

The DOW is amazing... (y) Perhaps things are not as bad as all that... :cool:

Today I'm thinking if 12720 is tested and breached up then 12800 is on my radar and I may well try a long trade with tight SL.

If price drops below 12650 and below then we are likely to fall back to 12500 and probably lower to 12000s somewhere sooner or later...

On the one hour charts a nice upward S&R is formed and we at the Support line at the mo. Stochastic and MACD looks like they may be in over bought conditions.

Wait and see at the mo. I'm flat but more or less determined my entry levels.

Good trading everyone... (y)

Im much the same Atilla,

Looking for a shorting opportunity, may well take another short at the 12720 area with a tight s/l, if this is breached will be looking to enter again at around 12775/12800.

Also got a eye on the hourly support trend line which has held out since the drop to 12435, will consider a short if this is breached

Sorry to post away from topic, just wanted to check something.

Was trying to withdraw balance from Finspreads, but the the lady in Cust. Support said they can only
refund back to the card what came out of the card.. for the rest (i.e profit) I need to submit them a Bank stmt and then they will do batch xfr to it?! never heard that before (with CS for eg).

Anyone with similar experience?

Im much the same Atilla,

Looking for a shorting opportunity, may well take another short at the 12720 area with a tight s/l, if this is breached will be looking to enter again at around 12775/12800.

Also got a eye on the hourly support trend line which has held out since the drop to 12435, will consider a short if this is breached

Still flat and 12720 sounds like a good spot. I'm thinking if we make a lower higher it should drop but looking at the indicators it looks like it wants to go higher.

However, given the weekend I can't see people rushing to buy.

I'm guessing this is going to close at Pivot point 12622 this evening...

Can't see me going in either way.

Good evening everyone.

Typical eh!
we get a break of the 1hour trend line in the last 2 mins, I was really tempted to put on a short at around the 12670 mark as expecting the last hour to bring things down, but not the last 2 mins.

No trades today, not the best way to spend your Friday evening, but work tomorrow for me.
A good weekend to you all:LOL:

Sorry to post away from topic, just wanted to check something.

Was trying to withdraw balance from Finspreads, but the the lady in Cust. Support said they can only
refund back to the card what came out of the card.. for the rest (i.e profit) I need to submit them a Bank stmt and then they will do batch xfr to it?! never heard that before (with CS for eg).

Anyone with similar experience?

This is done to prevent fraud,

Imagine you were the victim of identity theft.

they could set up a card in your name transfer a small deposit into your trading account and then ask to make a massive withdrawl on to the same card. then they go shopping in brazil:eek:

This is done to prevent fraud,

Imagine you were the victim of identity theft.

they could set up a card in your name transfer a small deposit into your trading account and then ask to make a massive withdrawl on to the same card. then they go shopping in brazil:eek:

err.. but how can they make a massive withdrawal ? I mean lets say I deposit 2K into my trading account and close all my positions (after a profit).. and lets say the balance is 4K now. The max I can withdraw is 4k. Don't see why the spreadbet firm would allow a withdrawal of 50K ?!

err.. but how can they make a massive withdrawal ? I mean lets say I deposit 2K into my trading account and close all my positions (after a profit).. and lets say the balance is 4K now. The max I can withdraw is 4k. Don't see why the spreadbet firm would allow a withdrawal of 50K ?!

lets use those figures.

Currently if fraudsters deposited £100 into your 4k account they could only remove £100 but if you were allowed to remove more then you deposited with that card they could wipe out your account.

All the sb is doing is protecting you by getting you to provide a bank with your name and address which is the same as the details they hold for you for funds to go into using bacs.

A tiny bit of admin for you to do in order to have a greater level of security.

lets use those figures.

Currently if fraudsters deposited £100 into your 4k account they could only remove £100 but if you were allowed to remove more then you deposited with that card they could wipe out your account.

All the sb is doing is protecting you by getting you to provide a bank with your name and address which is the same as the details they hold for you for funds to go into using bacs.

A tiny bit of admin for you to do in order to have a greater level of security.

Wow, after a long hard think I finally got it!

So basically, lets say:

a) I use Card XXX111 and deposit 2K.

b) Then slog around for a while in the markets, and generate a 1K profit (notice
the optimism!).

c) Some w@nk3r comes in and deposits 20 GBP using "his" Card, say YYY222.

d) The same w@nk3r calls up that lovely lady (I fantasize she's extremely pretty :p)
at the spreadbet firm, and withdraws 20 GBP + my 3K into his YYY002 (ouch!!! :cry:).

That makes sense now! Thanks :)

btw, I am cetain that either I'm very stupid not to get this before :eek:, or just genuinely good natured not to be able to think like a crook :LOL: (but I'm optimistic so think latter!)

But lets face it, on this performance I'll never find employment with a security firm ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.