Dow 2007

Only just got trading this pm, without me trawling news, what caused the drop, anybody aware

could be this:

news released at 12:30 I believe this is a summary released 28 minutes later

Date : 24/10/2007 @ 12:58
Source : TFN
Merrill Lynch & CO Merrill 3Q roiled by mortgage crisis
NEW YORK (AP) - Merrill Lynch & Co., the nation's largest brokerage, on
Wednesday said the summer's credit crisis triggered a bigger-than-expected $7.9
billion writedown during the third quarter.
The New York-based company reported a loss after paying preferred dividends
of $2.31 billion, or $2.82 per share, compared to a profit of $3 billion, or
$3.50 per share, a year earlier. Revenue fell 94 percent to $577 million from
$9.83 billion a year earlier.

Thanks .......

at least these two shorts made up for yesterdays duff NDX trade....a day early on that methinks..:rolleyes:
NDX now into yesterdays breakaway gap up @ 2160

Not 2 worry I followed that trade and scaled into the short ..... many thanks!

Today is the anniversary of the first snap of the 1929 crash !
The big one was 29th Oct

Not 2 worry I followed that trade and scaled into the short ..... many thanks!

Today is the anniversary of the first snap of the 1929 crash !
The big one was 29th Oct

nice one Boy Wonder....:LOL: ...I see the Dax is up to it's old tricks today..not down by much

could be this:

news released at 12:30 I believe this is a summary released 28 minutes later

Date : 24/10/2007 @ 12:58
Source : TFN
Merrill Lynch & CO Merrill 3Q roiled by mortgage crisis
NEW YORK (AP) - Merrill Lynch & Co., the nation's largest brokerage, on
Wednesday said the summer's credit crisis triggered a bigger-than-expected $7.9
billion writedown during the third quarter.
The New York-based company reported a loss after paying preferred dividends
of $2.31 billion, or $2.82 per share, compared to a profit of $3 billion, or
$3.50 per share, a year earlier. Revenue fell 94 percent to $577 million from
$9.83 billion a year earlier.

Bernanke has already mentioned that the sub-prime crises will cost $100bn in his previous speeches. I expect this is an under estimate and may well be $150bn.

Due to lack of transparency we don't know who has what exposure.

Perhaps somebody should keep a tally of the losses so we know when we are over the worst...

If my trend lines are to be believed this is heading to 13350 followed by 13200 very soon.

What if Xymox has read it right ?

If Xymox sees this as a dip before the rocket move into FOMC ... it might be a good idea not to get too bearish......

I expect a rally into tuesday... so now on watch today/thursday...
WHY ? Well... some may be looking for a jumbo cut of up to 50bps again .. unlikely but that's what makes a market ..... and the home sales were not good!

Edit: I would add that one day rally (tuesday) in a downtrend is not good especially if it's given all back in less than a day..(basis Spx)... So any comeback this week will be a swingers dream......

Last edited:
Bernanke has already mentioned that the sub-prime crises will cost $100bn in his previous speeches. I expect this is an under estimate and may well be $150bn.

Due to lack of transparency we don't know who has what exposure.

Perhaps somebody should keep a tally of the losses so we know when we are over the worst...

If my trend lines are to be believed this is heading to 13350 followed by 13200 very soon.

Spot on m8... the banks ain't got a clue themselves...take Merrill today for example.On Oct. 5, Merrill said it expected to write down about $4.5 billion of subprime and CDO assets. Today they state in results $8billion......this afternoon in a conference call they say $9.5 billion....Pick a number,it could be anything...:LOL:

Confused

Spot on m8... the banks ain't got a clue themselves...take Merrill today for example.On Oct. 5, Merrill said it expected to write down about $4.5 billion of subprime and CDO assets. Today they state in results $8billion......this afternoon in a conference call they say $9.5 billion....Pick a number,it could be anything...:LOL:

Hi Steve

Different thread regards comparison Sb "s to bucket shops of the Twenties

This may be it , we have loads of them about today, its the END :LOL: :LOL:

Hang on a minute, bouncing off last weeks low :confused: something must be of interest to the big boys, some stat up 000000000.01 perhaps

Its all been bad reading for so long I can"t remember and must collapse like a pack of cards before to long IMO, but hell , it just keeps going up :arrowu:

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Lurker your on

Explain I am :confused: :confused: if I bother to think about it

I should think that if "they" are so successful they would not need somebody like you to blatantly advertise for them on a public forum, but would use the appropriate channels.

Otherwise "they" are always allowed to give out free market advice on this forum, but I sincerely doubt your posts have that intention.

If you were standing on the beach and someone screamed tsunami, I bet you'd check with the BBC before taking cover .... you pays your license fees and you follows the news right! It always helps to listen now and again!

A good call on the short don't you think!!

I'm all EARS

If you were standing on the beach and someone screamed tsunami, I bet you'd check with the BBC before taking cover .... you pays your license fees and you follows the news right! It always helps to listen now and again!

salska 1474 spx ????

Have you heard the story about the boy who cried wolf? :devilish:

Yeah so have we about a few thousand times. Good marks for enthusiasm and trying to drum up interest but you really shouldn't snap back at your potential customers.

I was wondering weather to click on your hyperlink or not... :rolleyes: Now I know not to... :cheesy:

Reactions: ian
Nas, hanging around S2, looking for a break either way into the close, I'll jump on board as soon its confirmed

The first target was 1488 on cash and we got 1489. 1474 is not that far away.

I've made a very tidy sum today. If you find the site useful, good luck to you. If you thinks it's spam or other shiite, then ignore it. I'm registered with the site and use it to help me with my own trading system.

A dartboard and a monkey!

Oh Heck......

We have had ~ 800 pt slide into monday and the bounce has failed to get to fib 38 (just above 700).... not good. Keeping the multiday downtrend intact...

So........ I'm expecting a bounce into Fomc but the chart looks horrid.....

Back to waiting on the sidelines :(

Dax won't budge again.......

Can't understand this one but I'm 20pips up: so far :LOL:

It's called down 10pts for tomorrow.... :rolleyes: :cheesy:

Men In Black To Move

Can't understand this one but I'm 20pips up: so far :LOL:

It's called down 10pts for tomorrow.... :rolleyes: :cheesy:

Some ones buying the Dip, won"t let it go under last weeks Low :!:

Its them

THE MEN IN BLACK :cool:

if not WHO :?:

15 min ZIGGY ZAGGY action