Dow 2007

The CBOT is having problems - the live books aren't displaying the order book. Those of you who trade DMA make sure you have either a broker who does the Dow pit contract, or access to the S&P to hedge if the ECBOT falls over.

The CBOT is having problems - the live books aren't displaying the order book. Those of you who trade DMA make sure you have either a broker who does the Dow pit contract, or access to the S&P to hedge if the ECBOT falls over.

Seems ok with ib.

Bit off topic but... whilst I'm waiting ...

British Energy - the nuclear power company is again having "issues after a storming run the last few weeks...... shares get slammed as market fear plus 3 mile island fear coalesce.......... down around 10%...

But we are getting nuke power so this is a buy the dip story for the patient....
The consultation phase was just for show ......... and I s'pose the key players took profit and released this "news" so they can load up again into the official announcement!

I'm starting to sound like atilla/fibonelli :cheesy:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still short DOW/Ndx......... nervously !

Just a thought

with a low initially at 400 that's 800 off the highs........ huge
Even normal 25% retrace which sees 600 does not assure us of a LOW...
Although I think the lads will want to take us higher into the FOMC meeting as Xymox says...

A system I follow has a signal at tomorrows open (sp/es). It's derived from published work (altucher), so I am happy to share. It's a v.simple mean reversion system and the idea is to capitalise on panic selling. The rules are:

Entry - if the long-term trend is up (I’m defining by a 24 month ma) and if the close is below the lower bol band (sd 1.5, ma length 20) then buy the next bar at open.

Exit - close trade if close higher than entry or after 10 days.

It's a 90% winner, based on over 180 trades over the last 20 years. The equity curve is attached.

It’s had 17 consecutive winners. Recent performance in 2007 has 8 trades netting over 100 sp points. dd though not too hot, avg over 07 recent trades is 16pts, but this high avg is mainly due to a huge dd for 1 trade in July/Aug (dd over 57 pts, but trade closed for a 14 pt profit).

ec.gif

Warning - the system was long on black Monday 87 & suffered huge loss.......and accounts for the huge blip at the start of the ec. Dyor etc…

Any chance of letting us know whether/when your key conditions have been met ? ..... It might be useful ....:D

FW, +73 on the day? Well done!

Any oilmen here? I'm looking for a good free source for best bid / offer on NYMEX Light crude. OpenTick don't have it.

FW, +73 on the day? Well done!

Any oilmen here? I'm looking for a good free source for best bid / offer on NYMEX Light crude. OpenTick don't have it.

+48 on the NQ equals 192 points on the YM... I'm considering myself lucky today that all the horses were released from the starting gates straight from the open :devilish:

I wonder why are you thinking about trading oil?
I admire those who trade commodities or currencies though... It looks to me (probably because of my lack of experience) that indices have a better way chance of trending.

+48 on the NQ equals 192 points on the YM... I'm considering myself lucky today that all the horses were released from the starting gates straight from the open :devilish:

I wonder why are you thinking about trading oil?
I admire those who trade commodities or currencies though... It looks to me (probably because of my lack of experience) that indices have a better way chance of trending.

Oil trend hasn't been that bad either ....:cheesy:
But the next big move might be down .... imo
but what do i know ?

As for currencies ditto......... imo
Euro dollar will be mega short ... it's just pondering it's future right now ...

Not interested in actually trading the energies just yet - a real pros market, and you are up against well resourced firms with intelligence networks. Wouldn't mind a bit of tape / order book reading though.

When I am not trading, I watch prices and order books. It helps.

Charts 1 week & 15 min

Charts shows where we are at 17:30 approx.

just under week low = Blue lines

15 min @ top of hour range. = Purple Lines

could go :arrowd: :arrowu: :arrowl: :LOL: I prefer :arrowu: but take your pick :!:

trade well all, gone for dinner, tempted to leave an order but bottle won"t allow it :LOL:

Last edited:
Charts shows where we are at 17:30 approx.

just under week low = Blue lines

15 min @ top of hour range. = Purple Lines

could go :arrowd: :arrowu: :arrowl: :LOL: I prefer :arrowu: but take your pick :!:

trade well all, gone for dinner, tempted to leave an order but bottle won"t allow it :LOL:

The drop was bigger than I expected but we were way overdue for it. For the moment I think we're range bound. Maybe some movement before close tonight but I think there are a lot of people holding fire until the fed rate decision.

My personal favourite scenario is in line with db- a rise in the next 4-5 days and then another nasty drop not long after. These bearish scenarios - however rational/irrational usually take a couple of weeks to shake off. How low - I don't know but I see this as nothing but a correction so far.

However, I seriously think we are getting into a bit of a sideways market here over the next few weeks - large range but essentially going nowhere.

Feels a bit dodgy this rally .... but it is what it is .......
keep eye on action ~ 600 (if we get there...)

Large range

The drop was bigger than I expected but we were way overdue for it. For the moment I think we're range bound. Maybe some movement before close tonight but I think there are a lot of people holding fire until the fed rate decision.

My personal favourite scenario is in line with db- a rise in the next 4-5 days and then another nasty drop not long after. These bearish scenarios - however rational/irrational usually take a couple of weeks to shake off. How low - I don't know but I see this as nothing but a correction so far.

However, I seriously think we are getting into a bit of a sideways market here over the next few weeks - large range but essentially going nowhere.

Hi Hoggums,

Large range off last weeks Low :?:

Just spotted spike up, will be tempted on the next pull back in 15 min charts, if we get one :eek: and see where it goes (close month)

Thanks for reminder regards NEWS , am prone to forget from time to time :eek: got me little print off of the calender stuck to me pc after the last errrr incident, :eek: