Dow 2007

Left work at around 6 and went short. Got home and closed pos for +215.

Currently gone short again at 13990. Not sure if I left it to cool off long enough but expect more falls based on the daily charts. Target would say 13880 (cash).

Also short on gold. Target would say around 730...

That's one of the numbers I was after just didn't want to trawl through the old posts
;) I think Xymox also had a number close to this too.......

edit: sorry about this being the dow thread and all... just happens to be making money on longs on the DOW isn't working out as nicely as on the other markets :rolleyes:

nice trades, not easy out there today, choppy as hell.
now we have a thirty point break down just after 8pm uk .. will she make some points back into the close like she did last night? .. easy question . it's the answer that's tough

edit: I favour a race to 13800 cash .. but I'll sit it out I think

cracking numbers after the bell guys...Intel, IBM, YHOO

panic over.. up we go until at least thursday close... but watch for friday, because of both options expiry, and also the 20th anniversary since you know what..

fc

panic over.. up we go until at least thursday close... but watch for friday, because of both options expiry, and also the 20th anniversary since you know what..

fc

Hi FC,
Good to see you here. Feb 28 panic was indeed the bottom for this run.. Guys.. he is one of 'the' gurus.. , cheers,..

fc

thanks for the heads up .. enough to offset the drag from citigroup, wells fargo and bernanke?

well, put it this way... Yahoo was up 8% after the close at one point.. eased back to only 5% up,

but the Dow has shifted 0.3% already, and i would be surprised if this doesnt filter into further movement in Asia and Europe before the Dow opens tmr..

May I recommend having a look at the calender section. For instance today the CPI ( all explained ) figures come out at 1.30 and the impact is rated as high.
This is one of the fundamentals that DO matter imho

May I recommend having a look at the calender section. For instance today the CPI ( all explained ) figures come out at 1.30 and the impact is rated as high.
This is one of the fundamentals that DO matter imho

Hi Pat

Lucky not trading for a couple of weeks , sure I would have forgot as per usual :LOL: :LOL:

well, put it this way... Yahoo was up 8% after the close at one point.. eased back to only 5% up,

but the Dow has shifted 0.3% already, and i would be surprised if this doesnt filter into further movement in Asia and Europe before the Dow opens tmr..

notice taken,points collected, thankyou FetteredChinos

CPI number. Any thoughts? Also, housing stats come out at the same time. I'm expecting worse inflation, and worse housing stats, removing the possiblity of another rate cut and sending the Dow down 50 points or so.

CPI number. Any thoughts? Also, housing stats come out at the same time. I'm expecting worse inflation, and worse housing stats, removing the possiblity of another rate cut and sending the Dow down 50 points or so.

Well, we had worse CPI, same core CPI, and worse housing stats. So I was right, but still managed to lose money being long in to the numbers. I'm self destructive. I covered at 14038, the low of the entire period. A better trader than me got 4 YM contracts from me cheaply!

Well, we had worse CPI, same core CPI, and worse housing stats. So I was right, but still managed to lose money being long in to the numbers. I'm self destructive. I covered at 14038, the low of the entire period. A better trader than me got 4 YM contracts from me cheaply!

Bad luck Lurker, I was expecting the numbers to be good for a further rate reduction, only because the chart was pointing up before them.

The Dow has not reacted much so far.. they don't seem to care .. or maybe they are just confused right now .. bad inflation means less chance of a rate cut, bad house numbers means we need rate cuts .. I know I'm confused ..

Bad luck Lurker, I was expecting the numbers to be good for a further rate reduction, only because the chart was pointing up before them.

The Dow has not reacted much so far.. they don't seem to care .. or maybe they are just confused right now .. bad inflation means less chance of a rate cut, bad house numbers means we need rate cuts .. I know I'm confused ..

Just wait for the open - we'll have a decline then. I was completely right on the figures, but lost money - that stings. Then again, losing 20 odd pips on this number is fair enough. I don't whinge too loudly about taking 50 points off NFP last month, so I guess it balances out - although had I gone with my instincts I would have taken +15 net of spread on this trade. Trading is hard.

Volume is light this morning, and the opening gap isn't too large (although I don't think it will be completely filled). I think we will see a retrace down to support, some accumulation, and perhaps a move north later in the day. I'd like to sell the exhaustion of opening buying and hold until the PDH, but I just don't see that happening.

:)

Attachments

• 10172007-092555.jpg
    10172007-092555.jpg
    418.7 KB · Views: 130