Dow 2007

Sorry, maybe that comment was a bit harsh :) But why fight both the trend and your own opinion?

FWIW, i'd say 15k+ is easily doable by year end. Last thursdays action smelled like professional accumulation in anticipation of big rises ahead, but who knows? Volume was enormous.

And about the cheese thing - I never want to hold on to it - I just eat it!

Hi Senyorqueso,

Not harsh at all. Feel free. I laugh at my self all the time. However, I did go short at 12:11 today having had a quick look at the charts. Checked again before leaving work and just checking now and what a delight.

Caution has paid off. Up +160 on DOW but lost it on gold. I've closed half my pos on gold. Second portion showing loss also. That's the lesson on not adding to losing position. :eek:

Good trading everyone.. :D

Hi Senyorqueso,

Not harsh at all. Feel free. I laugh at my self all the time. However, I did go short at 12:11 today having had a quick look at the charts. Checked again before leaving work and just checking now and what a delight.

Caution has paid off. Up +160 on DOW but lost it on gold. I've closed half my pos on gold. Second portion showing loss also. That's the lesson on not adding to losing position. :eek:

nice work Atilla! . it doesn't hurt to be a contrarian sometimes :cool:

Sir Ming resigns ( pushed )- will that lift the market ?
well maybe a ripple somewhere

I was going to vote for him. I thought he was good and steady. No fancy stuff just good old leadership. Tempted not to vote for any of em. Load of tosh.

Now I'm a floater. :rolleyes:

I think the market is more likely to sink considering what's on offer. :mad:

Really tempted to go long at 13930 but not sure if I should.

Any others on the long grail... ?

Last edited:
I was going to vote for him. I thought he was good and steady. No fancy stuff just good old leadership. Tempted not to vote for any of em. Load of tosh.

Now I'm a floater. :rolleyes:

I think the market is more likely to sink considering what's on offer. :mad:

Really tempted to go long at 13930 but not sure if I should.

Any others on the long grail... ?

yeah I'm long from 58 cash . I am beginning to wish I wasn't .

Next potential support .......?

I've got 770-800 .......as first major support ...

Roughly 1/4 of the 12500 - 14200 move

:cheesy:
I've got 770-800 .......as first major support ...

Roughly 1/4 of the 12500 - 14200 move

On my 4 hour charts I have

R2 = 14238
R1 = 14200
P = 14082
S1 = 14040
S2 = 13926

It's yoyoying around 13930 at the mo...

Watching it and thinking on the weeklies this can go all the way down below 13500. Such a turn from Sunday evening.

Must confess though last two weekends it's been 50/50 and I was thinking it can only go up when it should go down.

One other new observation I have made is that I seem to be making better calls when I look at the chart for very short period like 1 to 2 minutes and if TA setup looks good click away.

Where I dwell on the charts and as somebody said start doodling lines I go askew.

Feel as if I'm discovering new insights into trading the markets on pure TA. A little like a fast gun slinger. :cheesy:

Tming off by a few hours....

My view for what it's worth is ........... the dow has not fallen much you're right and so other than a swifty today ... the jury is still out near term. I would like to see a bounce that fails abruptly..... ideally ~14100-130 (I'm greedy) ... lets see what the market gives me. Will probably stay awake tonight plenty of time for sleep over the weekend :LOL:

:LOL:

Cheers atilla ... any numbers below 926/30 ?

Spx only down 2d so and so still a counter trend pullback and should normally be bought when the resting period is over... normal counter trend is 1-4d.

I think that's right anyhow :cheesy:

options expiry on friday chaps..

watch them jam it up until thursday's close here.

friday is also the anniversary of black monday, so i have a feeling friday might be jittery to say the least..in the meantime, buy the fear..

all aboard the long train.. choo choo.

:LOL:

Cheers atilla ... any numbers below 926/30 ?

Spot on HS, I was aware of your prediction from last week and did have it on the back of my mind. Watched it this morning and it normally rises on Mondays and in the mornigns. Didn't do anything. Went short at 14112 in the end.

I think US position is going to get a whole lot worse with Turkey threatening invasion to chase terrorists. Gold is going up, Oil going up. Dollar going down. Turkey is threatening switching off US aid too. For some reason they are upset with their uncle Bush... :LOL: On a serious matter some people have hinted at getting rid of their dollars to hit US interests. Apparently the Asians have already embarked down this road.

Also re:Iraq, there is always the possibility Iran may venture in to Iraq in pursuit of these terrorist the US is training. One lot attacking Iran and another Turkey. I laugh at the state of lies and deception. Is it possible the US can screw up their foreign policy more than what they have achieved already? They travel 000s of miles to fight terrorism by training terrorists. Doesn't end there. Fancy Connie going to Russia and having tea with government opponents and so called Russian freedom fighters. :LOL: Also... Putin going to Tehran for a so called assasination... :LOL: I mean where does all this bad news come from. :rolleyes: Why is Putin going to Iran? Big pooh in the couldron simmering very nicely.

Top it up market only falls an amazing 140 points.

I can see the bounce already happ so perhaps we shouldn't ask where price can go below S2 quite just yet... :LOL:

Hi Senyorqueso,

Your turn to bag some points obviously. These downdays must be a pleasure to the eye for you :)

Good trading!

Hi Senyorqueso,

Well done Atilla - interesting to see where we go from here - i picked a few too many bottoms today, but didn't get too dirty in the end. Don't think it'll be long before we're back at the highs, but it wouldn't be the first time i've been completely wrong :)

Spot on HS, I was aware of your prediction from last week and did have it on the back of my mind. Watched it this morning and it normally rises on Mondays and in the mornigns. Didn't do anything. Went short at 14112 in the end.

I can see the bounce already happ so perhaps we shouldn't ask where price can go below S2 quite just yet... :LOL:

Cheers maybe you're right. Me putting the cart before the horse as usual..... :LOL:
My mate keeps telling me to live in the moment... but it's just not that easy ... Sorry for the psychobabble...

Edit: Atilla did you catch the upwave ......... October has been virtually sideways so if it does not breakdown hard 14,200.... 14,400 here we come ...14,400 if ........ is ~2x the low of the dow in october 2002 and one of them Gann Numbers ..

Well done Atilla by the way... don't send the check in the post just wire it to me...:LOL:

Edit2: Just looked at the monthly chart for the US - you can catch one on ajaskey's trading the spx ........

Since the bear lows 5yrs ago set backs have been a flash in the pan...usually 2 consecutive lower lows and then back to business......summer set back was 2 consecutive monthly lows then back to business in sep and october...

So I can see where senyorq and FC are coming from.... :)

Last edited:
Cheers maybe you're right. Me putting the cart before the horse as usual..... :LOL:
My mate keeps telling me to live in the moment... but it's just not that easy ... Sorry for the psychobabble...

Edit: Atilla did you catch the upwave ......... October has been virtually sideways so if it does not breakdown hard 14,200.... 14,400 here we come ...14,400 if ........ is ~2x the low of the dow in october 2002 and one of them Gann Numbers ..

Well done Atilla by the way... don't send the check in the post just wire it to me...:LOL:

Edit2: Just looked at the monthly chart for the US - you can catch one on ajaskey's trading the spx ........

Since the bear lows 5yrs ago set backs have been a flash in the pan...usually 2 consecutive lower lows and then back to business......summer set back was 2 consecutive monthly lows then back to business in sep and october...

So I can see where senyorq and FC are coming from.... :)

No I'm afraid not. Saw it hovering around pivot point S2 and I could see it rejecting the down side but it did fluctuate wildly. On a paper trade I would have went long fwiw but not with real money. I think Dinos probably would have milked it using his 1 - 5 & 15 min system but I didn't have the nerve having made some didn't want to give it back. Also a large chunk of my gains went to gold recently.

I'm out of gold now at $765 but looking at the DOW unless it drops below 13900 I don't think I'll get on the band wagon. I think it's going to move between 13900-950 for a while...

Will have another look after markets open. Perhaps before I leave work...

Good luck everyone... :)

must be few longs at this level hoping for 13900 (cash) to hold..in which case would not be surprised to see a move down to take out the stops and THEN hard rally...

must be few longs at this level hoping for 13900 (cash) to hold..in which case would not be surprised to see a move down to take out the stops and THEN hard rally...

yes... good point there, should've thought about that

anyway I'm also long NQ and ES... those are holding up and still nicely hovering around my entry