Dow 2007

Dax still only down 20 for Monday....Dow off nearly 100 pts more since last post 20 min ago.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

not sure if anyone else followed this trade...but someone at the SB's will get their butts kicked in morning...they got their Dax prices wrong big time...:LOL:

covered at 365 cash for easiest 60 pts I'm likely to make for a while...:cheesy:

Left a second short open from same entry Friday and moved stop to b/e...oh the joys of a good nights sleep ahead...

Last edited:
not sure if anyone else followed this trade...but someone at the SB's will get their butts kicked in morning...they got their Dax prices wrong big time...:LOL:

covered at 365 cash for easiest 60 pts I'm likely to make for a while...:cheesy:

Left a second short open from same entry Friday and moved stop to b/e...oh the joys of a good nights sleep ahead...

Surely they won't let you keep a wrong Dax trade? Was this during the cash Dax hours, or were they making a grey market?

Surely they won't let you keep a wrong Dax trade? Was this during the cash Dax hours, or were they making a grey market?

Hi LL,
it wasn't a wrong trade as such,they were genuine quotes they were making into the last half hour of Friday nights close.....the Dax was earlier being quoted by them as being up as much as 30pts before the big US sell off came along...their algorithms may have been right but had started from a much too high a price...with the Dow down 280 for the day the Dax to open down just 20pts was highly unlikely IMO.....

The SB guys may be looking at Dow still above it's lows from last week.....personally I'd say look at SPX...it's smashed it's lows....THEY'VE GOT IT WRONG !!!!!...LOAD UP LOAD UP

this is where the SB guys may have got it wrong Friday....by looking at Dow it had not tested it's lows from last week and so maybe SB'ers thought Dax should hold above 7400 cash.....I was looking at SPX which smashed it's 1439 cash low from last week and closed at 1433...for me this ment the Dax had to test it's corresponding low from last week at 7370ish cash regardless of what Dow had done....:rolleyes:

did they really get it wrong?

I think the SB guys just derive the prices from the DAX futures market which is open Monday-Friday 07:00-21:00. It was amazing to see the DAX futures not collapse (like they usually do) when the US markets were in so much trouble.

I think the SB guys just derive the prices from the DAX futures market which is open Monday-Friday 07:00-21:00. It was amazing to see the DAX futures not collapse (like they usually do) when the US markets were in so much trouble.

that is correct....but they also use an algorithm based on Dax futs and US markets,as well as their book,to calculate a cash price...which is why they quoted as low as 7350 cash between 11pm and 1am last night when they had nothing to reference it to....:rolleyes:

Ahh, so it was out of hours pricing then. I guess when they don't have a cash market to make a spread around, there will be the odd arb as different firms will disagree about the price (will have different book risk, etc).

I wonder how the Dow will do today? I'm expecting a little bounce, and perhaps a test of 500/550.

I've also just bought 500 shares of Barclays at 673.5, another 300 at 695.9 (big mistake, bought HOD), and another 200 at 686.7. So I am long 1k shares of Barclays from an average price of 682.9. These are SB December futures prices. Wish me luck with that! I had been looking at Barclays for awhile, and the recent support looked very strong on the dailies, and when I read the disclosures that Bob Diamond and half the board had bought £6m of shares, I had to jump in!

sorry to but in,
but Dow has just gapped down?
so has SPX and DAX.

cant be my data-feed.
whats happening?

Peter

It is quite, probably 3 of the 5 biggest posters are not around much at the minute, (I'm on holiday, Atilla's working and FW has other things to deal with).

I'll be back in September, FW October and Atilla does drop in most nights from what I can read.

Hows your trading going, hope you managed to bag a few points over the last week or so, good trading opportunities

Hi Dinos,
good to hear from you....hows the rest and relaxation going ?? U sure picked a volatile time to bugger off....:LOL:

Steve

Brilliant, thanks mate, better now the family's here, the quality time together is unsurpassable.

Looing at the volatility, not sure whether miffed or pleased, probably the latter, might of being tempted to get a bit carried away and overtrade.

Glad to see you have bagged a loads of points, looks like quite a few of you have filled your boots.

Was tempted to sneak a quick trade in, but I will stay out as only popped back to get a quick update.

All the best mate, speak soon

Hi LurkerLurker

Are still short at 280!, abit quiet on this board lately

Hi bottomleyp. I think I closed that for +20 IIRC. I think I have around +120 on the day, although I covered my longs at 13430 (original target 13450) at around 20:15. Damn, am I annoyed now.

On another note, I am now trading £5pp - perhaps some of you would say that this is too much for my account size, but I have always traded better between £3pp and £5pp than £1pp. The reason must be psychological or something, but still.

Good to see you drop in Dinos. How is the holiday going?

Steve

Brilliant, thanks mate, better now the family's here, the quality time together is unsurpassable.

Looing at the volatility, not sure whether miffed or pleased, probably the latter, might of being tempted to get a bit carried away and overtrade.

Glad to see you have bagged a loads of points, looks like quite a few of you have filled your boots.

Was tempted to sneak a quick trade in, but I will stay out as only popped back to get a quick update.

Hi Dinos,

good to see you on the site again and glad to hear you are enjoying your holidays. Next time you are sipping ice tea looking out into the sunset think of me squashed together with all the other Londoners swealtering away in the heat travelling on London undergrounds noisy tunnels and rickety trains.

No sympathies for me as I do enjoy the work. :cheesy: Worst part of my work is the travel. :( I usually close my eyes and drift off to standing under water falls or visualise my feet lapped up by the waves walking on sandy beaches.

This evening I checked in looked at the charts and around 13300 ish, thought it was a buy on the 4 hours charts. Had supper and came up to discover a runaway train. Up 130 points. Will not be going in now.

It will be telling if it clears 13500 or not though.

Tempted to go short again based on gut instinct. Charts look bullish to me so will stay flat for today and overnight.

Hopefuly will get to play tomorrow.

Good trading everyone.

Just had a nice 100pts off the dow cash on cmc lol. As some of you probably have already read, i'm going back to uni in september to further my degree, so i won't have time to sit day trading for 16hrs. So after a chat dino, i've been looking at the bigger time frames to position trade that are less demanding to manage. Today i tried the dow on 1hr and caught the 100pts right at the end. Nice easy stuff that i just left to its own devices whilest i cooked my dinner. Once i'm confident with the system and i'm taking just the safe steady shots, then i'll gear the pips up to match my earnings from day trading :)

Kev

Hi Dinos nice to catch a glimpse of you (and your probably all tanned face??) :)

Looks like I chose wrong time to do some other stuff too, markets have been moving beautifully last couple of days. Not only in terms of volatility but also in terms of the technical picture. Unfortunately I'll only have time to take a look at the markets EOD during this month and I'll be off in September for couple of weeks but... it does ache sometimes.

Like today! @Lurker I hope you bagged some points today because this was a really easy day. Hope you took my proposed "system" in action today for a beautiful buy from the previous day's low. And as we made higher highs and higher lows all day, there really was no reason to exit whatsoever. I know I most likely would've taken profits along the day, but boy was this a day to bag them. And the predictable near close rally that usually finishes a perfect trending day made it all the more textbook. These are the trades that make up for a handful of losers.

I keep reminding myself the markets will still be there once I get back. But I can't help feeling a bit regretful after such a nice day. But I guess the more points I don't take, the more points I leave for you guys :p just kidding; Good trading everybody!