Dow 2007

easy to make comments in hindsight

mm1

I will ponder on your post later on, but I would just like to state for the record that although some charts are posted later on, the analysis made on the post and all of the trades are posted live, as anybody who was been actively posting in this thread will confirm.

Furthermore, you will find that I already mentioned the likeliness that this will go up in post #2354, when price was 60 points lower from where it is now...

i am short at the moment (nursing a 'loss' but have not closed yet): very dull to watch - market just sitting on the sidelines as i write this :)

i am short at the moment (nursing a 'loss' but have not closed yet): very dull to watch - market just sitting on the sidelines as i write this :)

Do you have a stop? As Oscar says, stops are in, emotions are out. And remember, an unrealised loss is still a loss. I had a short signal at 555, but I'm not (paper) trading any more today.

Hi folks,

I just went short on dow, spx and dax, all cash, I will add if there is a spike up at 7pm, when the fed minutes are released, and after that I will be in the hands of gods, either there will be a sharp reversal or we will see a trend day with at least another 50-100 points rally into the close.

Anybody else thinking what I'm thinking?

Edited: I actually got 13,541, 1521.1 and 7778, all cash.

Last edited:
Do you have a stop? As Oscar says, stops are in, emotions are out. And remember, an unrealised loss is still a loss. I had a short signal at 555, but I'm not (paper) trading any more today.

free4440273 - good time to cover the short? My signal worked out too - 55 down to 40.

Shock Horror!

Hi folks,

I just went short on dow, spx and dax, all cash, I will add if there is a spike up at 7pm, when the fed minutes are released, and after that I will be in the hands of gods, either there will be a sharp reversal or we will see a trend day with at least another 50-100 points rally into the close.

Anybody else thinking what I'm thinking?

Is it wise to take so many correlated shorts? (and before news too!)

There was a good shorting opportunity at 13542, didn't take as FOMC minutes out at 7am, rather wait and pick off from there. would have been good for about 20 points.

The reaction of the market to the chinese retracement has been to rally, my money is on it being a bull trap, but then again, last time the chinese market tanked the market recovered quickly, the trouble is that the chinese market has a long way to go, in the last few months it doubled and then doubled again, and if a correction will happen it will drag the rest in sympathy.

I've been a bear for the last couple of years and the more it goes up to more I regret not following the trend, I do however feel that the time is ripe for a correction of 1000-2000 points and I expect this to happen within the next three months. The trouble is, the market could rally another 1000 points before the correction comes in, so don't mortgage the house.

Is it wise to take so many correlated shorts? (and before news too!)

Absolutely not, it's a high risk/high reward type of trade, the shorts are not massive and I have no stops in place, I can see the price move against me by 100 points and not break into a sweat, in fact I would add to them if it spiked up and then close all on the innevitable pull back. The trouble with this is that occasionally if forgets to pull back and it rallies into the close. But even then I would still sleep well, I am trading relatively small amounts on such speculative trades.

I've been a bear for the last couple of years and the more it goes up to more I regret not following the trend, I do however feel that the time is ripe for a correction of 1000-2000 points and I expect this to happen within the next three months. The trouble is, the market could rally another 1000 points before the correction comes in, so don't mortgage the house.

A bear for the last couple of years?! :eek: :-0 :eek:

Hi folks,

I just went short on dow, spx and dax, all cash, I will add if there is a spike up at 7pm

All I can think is...

griffins_balls_of_steel.jpg

Absolutely not, it's a high risk/high reward type of trade, the shorts are not massive and I have no stops in place, I can see the price move against me by 100 points and not break into a sweat, in fact I would add to them if it spiked up and then close all on the innevitable pull back. The trouble with this is that occasionally if forgets to pull back and it rallies into the close. But even then I would still sleep well, I am trading relatively small amounts on such speculative trades.

no stops, averaging down with high risk and little potential reward?
errr... if I may... why? do you like losing money? :)