Dow 2007

I don't feel comfortable out at 70 (-1)

I have to say Dinos, it wasn't a comfortable feeling for me neither.
Sometimes I am right about my feelings, other times I'm not... I'm glad I stuck to my original idea. Really nice to see people not only posting their trades, but also their thoughts and feelings.

Out at 10 for +28, got there in the end, nice start to the week, flat now

FW, yours point makes mine look rather miserly!!!!!!!!!!, all the best

Last edited:
P&f

I am rather new to all this, and have found this thread very helpful, so a quick thanks all those responsible.

Dinos, if you don't mind explaining, what setup do you use for the Point and Figure charts ? (I assume that is what the P&F reference is to, apologies if I am off the mark)

How are they utilised in your strategy?

Thanks again for the info

Henry

Out of curiosity, with that kind of wide stop, what kind of target did you have in mind?

Looking for 80 points today.
I'll be happy if i get 30 though,the move up suprised me a bit still looks strong.

Last edited:
Come on Baby..

We've had a false break of that support, but on the open a very strong reaction to get us back in the range... The odds of going lower have now decreased. Obviously there's still FOMC tonight, anything can happen... good luck!

We've had a false break of that support, but on the open a very strong reaction to get us back in the range... The odds of going lower have now decreased. Obviously there's still FOMC tonight, anything can happen... good luck!

Yes i understand that they will be realising the minutes tonight from an earllier meeting.
I'm just trading what i see and i've had a bearish signal since friday so i'll stick with it.

HWeldon, (Henry) welcome to the thread, I'm sure you will find it informative, P&F, 5 pts, 3 box reversal. In all honesty, I don't use these in my day trading plan, but do look at them to gain an addition al view on the market.

more longs...?

looking to go long, but DAX is struggling at a resistance level, it we can break higher here, it's game on for the bulls again imo

First trade with the new system (paper trade, on a simulator)

Short 1 YMM7 contract @ 13513. Stoploss 13518.

...have not stepped in today (as yet, anyway). looks as though the market is just waiting for the fomc minutes...

Slightly offtopic here, but I've just noticed something.

I have a live opentick feed for the YMM7, the TradIndex price for the Wall Street June Future, and the CMC price for the US30 June Future. Sometimes the price is out by a tick (they don't bother to update), and sometimes the price takes 5 seconds to catch up.

Nowhere near enough to profit from an "arb", and I've no margin in either SB account.