Dow 2007

Dinos - great minds - I just took an -8 on news, rather than hold it.

I'm out too guys. On the hourly charts we made a lower high since yesterday. Now looking to short.

I reckon if 13390 is breached it's going to be a nice drop.

I'm out too guys. On the hourly charts we made a lower high since yesterday. Now looking to short.

I reckon if 13390 is breached it's going to be a nice drop.

it could be, but I don't want to chance that just yet. Trying to get in at around 08. I'd take 07 in a push. I'd wait for real signs of divergence before covering it though. If I get a good short in here, I want to ride the larger wave.

right, its not my day, so lets finish it off with a paper trade (still testing this market:eek: ). long 05
20 point stop, looking for a break of 50

10 min setup now bearish, with exception RSI, with is O/S,, may consider another short when 10 min confirms

right, its not my day, so lets finish it off with a paper trade (still testing this market:eek: ). long 05
20 point stop, looking for a break of 50

Don't feel too bad. I almost went long from there with a target of 11. I had to slap myself awake though!

closed second half at +30 on 13440 (~ cash 13400)

Edit: why did I exit?!

I hate having to make those edits. But seriously, why did you? If you had a good reason, then why beat yourself up with hindsight? If you didn't, then why did you exit? Profit taking?

Do share.

I've missed this one I'm afraid. Kept waiting for a better price to sell, which is always 2 above the market!!

I think I should take a break about now. I can feel myself itching to trade. Emotions are coming back out - I'm "missing out", should "catch the wave", etc. Becoming impatient.

As it is, I've made +14 pips today. I'd like to finish in the black. Maybe there will be a better setup later. If I was short from a decent level like most here, I wouldn't care about +/- 10 pips, and would be happy to hold, but as for a short entry here...that would be stupid.

Later

I hate having to make those edits. But seriously, why did you? If you had a good reason, then why beat yourself up with hindsight? If you didn't, then why did you exit? Profit taking?

Do share.

I've missed this one I'm afraid. Kept waiting for a better price to sell, which is always 2 above the market!!

Basically because I had several other markets reaching or on support... didn't want to lose profits on a big bounce bar...

My crystal ball couldn't have said it any better today :D

I actually laughed out loud at that. You did make some profit from your bearish insight, yes?

I think we're all up for the day. Now let's spare a thought for our counterparties...

Edit: just realised - we were selling to the same irrational bulls who have been bugging use for ages! **** em!

interesting... definitely contrary :)
13550.. that would have to see DOW rise +100 pts... not impossible but not on my probability chart (hope I won't be eating my words at the end of the session)

I am now having my words in the oven for dinner. hope they dont indigest me. lol.

j