Dow 2007

short 12470 futures
around 12430 cash I think

Edit: lol that had to be 13470 and 13430 obviously

If you are spreadbetting then surely you would use cash for scalping ? (less spread )
Using futures for overnight perhaps ?

Lurker, macd -div, macd crossover, DEMA 8 Crossover DEMA 21, on 1 min chart

Long from 13417

Phew I was getting worried. Nice to see somebody else long.

Looking good now.

If this carries on past 13440 - 50 then I think 13500 may well be on target again.

Otherwise may choose not to push it. Feeling edgy as I do think today will be significant day that retrace I've been expecting.

Time will tell.

Lurker, well done, I'm stopping posting for the moment, not concentrating on whats happening

Looking good now.

If this carries on past 13440 - 50 then I think 13500 may well be on target again.

Otherwise may choose not to push it. Feeling edgy as I do think today will be significant day that retrace I've been expecting.

Time will tell.

Yeah. I've had two good trades (+27) and a bad FTSE one (-5). Net +22 points. Cautious.

Looking good now.

Time will tell.

I trade the S&P as it has a lower initial spread and it suits by little piggy bank ;) also, it semi mirrors the DOW so hope you don't mind me posting this here.

I'm still long @ 1503.7 (30 minute CASH charts) and opened out of market hours

Thanks

Jay

FW, hit my stop loss, I don't hang on to losing trades, I close position immediately, took me years of practice to do that, I'll take the loss, better than hanging on thinking, well you know

FW, hit my stop loss, I don't hang on to losing trades, I close position immediately, took me years of practice to do that, I'll take the loss, better than hanging on thinking, well you know

yes I agree, it just didn't hit my stop yet but I had a slightly higher entry price...

Edit: just exited half of my position (+20)

Last edited:

Dinos - great minds - I just took an -8 on news, rather than hold it.

Letting a losing trade go, is the hardest thing to do, once you "mastered" it, you can move on.

I have confirmation of the move on my 1,2,3 charts, my 5 chart is moving in the right direction, once confirmed, I will consider adding another position

Letting a losing trade go, is the hardest thing to do, once you "mastered" it, you can move on.

I have confirmation of the move on my 1,2,3 charts, my 5 chart is moving in the right direction, once confirmed, I will consider adding another position

I got some short signals, but I cheekily tried to sell at 10 and never got filled.

I doubt I'll have another chance, but I think 390 is still a reasonable target.