Dow 2007

yes still holding, this trade is not going well at all. small trade so not the end of the world.

Hi Postman

Good trading and enjoy your profits, I follow the trend of the 50 MA, and it has become a very reliable source of directional confirmation for me, I trade only in the direction of that trend, whether it be long or short, I don't really care. I'm don't reaaly care whether it wants to go north or south, I will follow accordingly and take trades only in the direction of the trend and ignore trades that go against the trend, simply because if I get the entry wrong, I have a good chance of exiting the trade unscathed, if I trade against the trend, I could get hammered.

Follow the 50 my friend, trade with it and you will continue to rake in the money, well done.

Excellent advice imo. Just one minor detail: you don't even need a 50 MA to show you the trend, most of the time it's staring you right in the eye.

Pretty low volume... Problem is determining what this means? Is it absence of sellers or does it imply no demand? Or is it lunchtime, or the typical Friday evening meandering?

I'm not trading, but my bias for the moment -as things stand- to the short side. But I wouldn't put my money on it :)

Time will tell, but I'm off. Good trading everyone & good weekend.

Pretty low volume... Problem is determining what this means? Is it absence of sellers or does it imply no demand? Or is it lunchtime, or the typical Friday evening meandering?

I'm not trading, but my bias for the moment -as things stand- to the short side. But I wouldn't put my money on it :)

Time will tell, but I'm off. Good trading everyone & good weekend.

Heres your buying mate. Will it be enough?

Have a good weekend, FW.

Lot of sellers appearing on the YM at this level - must break through with some gusto now otherwise I can see the faders reappearing...

The sellers came and they saw but will they conquer - i think so - just going to trail it from here now....

The sellers came and they saw but will they conquer - i think so - just going to trail it from here now....

Do you know what, mate? You took the short, i took the long...on a 50pt daily range...on the Dow...what a load of ********, eh! I couldn't think of any other way of high risking my money, intraday futures is poo!

It could go either way, but we will look like tit heads.

That's what i think.

Good night folks, and good flipping luck.

Have a good weekend all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went short late friday at 630 cash expecting a fall to my trusty (?) 50 day MA Monday. (555).

Then wait and see where the dust settles on Tuesday before rejoining the madness.

this is the freefall we,ve been waitin for, .....no it cant be that obvious....ya it is

Hands up all those that don't believe the move so far

Attachments

• 250 bid.JPG
    250 bid.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 128
I believe it was at the NYMEX

with 680 hit premarket good for any profit taking we now need to see clear rejection and commitment to the short side until then its a waiting game