Dow 2007

Anyone been contacted by the Merrill Lynch board ?
They are looking for a new CEO
Paying the guy that lost them billions ----- $160m+!! to go.
Not bad for a crappy effort
Maybe we could do better ? or at least not as badly imho lol

Last edited:
Is this the Dow Thread?....reads more like a meeting of A A ....:LOL:

Nah does everyone the power of good to get it off your chest once in a while

cv

Did you ever read Elder Alexander's advice on trading and the A A? Get some of his books if you feel like an interesting read. Rathcoole swears by them also!

Anyone been contacted by the Merrill Lynch board ?
They are looking for a new CEO
Paying the guy that lost them billions ----- $160m+!! to go.
Not bad for a crappy effort
Maybe we could do better ? or at least not as badly imho lol

I'll be anybodys scapegoat for $200m. My CV is available for any high profile companies in potential trouble....

Fomc

FOMC WILL BE AT SIX FIFTEEN DUE TO BST ENDING BEFORE AMERICANS MAKE A SIMILAR ADJUSTMENT

I don't want people coming to their screens at 7pm to take a position, and miss the excitement.

I see the Dow closed the last FOMC gap, and moved north - it is looking a little stronger now, although we have had selling for a few days. A 25bps cut wouldn't surprise me. On the other hand, a 50bps cut could be partially priced in already, so a 25bps cut could lead to one hell of a ride down. I can't even consider they will hold rates steady.

If I take a position into this (and it is unlikely I will do so, not wanting to do intra-day trading any more, and not wanting to risk vital capital on news) it will be on the basis of the chart more than the ramifications for the US economy.

The Fed would print money indefinitely if it could get away with it - after all, that is what its paymasters would want. Once again, central banks will pander to financial speculators and leave everyone else out to dry.

Another (final) 50bps cut just to "settle the markets" and "avoid speculation about further rate cuts" wouldn't be impossible. If there is a 25bps cut, it might be interesting to sell the move upwards as it begins to lose momentum.

Any trade I do take will have a 40 point maximum guaranteed stop attached and not be for more than £1pp anyway, but I still feel I shouldn't take risks on intra-day anymore.

CV and interview Question

I'll be anybodys scapegoat for $200m. My CV is available for any high profile companies in potential trouble....

oh does"t matter sure I can create one

CV :D OK

interview :

Q Do you no what a pin bar is:?:

A Yes :cheesy:

Q What :?:

A: Its a little candle that grows up and down on your chart, but its difficult to control because it gets knocked about a bit by those SBs nudge bars RIGHT :!: :p

Correct you got the job, now when can you start.

Golden hello 200K , right now, :cheesy:

Good, well Your Sacked :cry: here"s your 200K Golden good buy :D Your last jobs a word with the press, just say it was all your fault.

Oh by the way, before you leave, I think Virgin will be looking for your services next month

Andy AKA

No position traders here

FOMC WILL BE AT SIX FIFTEEN DUE TO BST ENDING BEFORE AMERICANS MAKE A SIMILAR ADJUSTMENT

I don't want people coming to their screens at 7pm to take a position, and miss the excitement.

I see the Dow closed the last FOMC gap, and moved north - it is looking a little stronger now, although we have had selling for a few days. A 25bps cut wouldn't surprise me. On the other hand, a 50bps cut could be partially priced in already, so a 25bps cut could lead to one hell of a ride down. I can't even consider they will hold rates steady.

If I take a position into this (and it is unlikely I will do so, not wanting to do intra-day trading any more, and not wanting to risk vital capital on news) it will be on the basis of the chart more than the ramifications for the US economy.

The Fed would print money indefinitely if it could get away with it - after all, that is what its paymasters would want. Once again, central banks will pander to financial speculators and leave everyone else out to dry.

Another (final) 50bps cut just to "settle the markets" and "avoid speculation about further rate cuts" wouldn't be impossible. If there is a 25bps cut, it might be interesting to sell the move upwards as it begins to lose momentum.

Any trade I do take will have a 40 point maximum guaranteed stop attached and not be for more than £1pp anyway, but I still feel I shouldn't take risks on intra-day anymore.

Hi Lurker ,

You like these AA meetings don"t you

If you had my platform you would"nt need to worry about trading the News

IG won"t let me :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: first fast bar PING all fun over :cry:

Get back on your position trading thread :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: will miss the news, thanks for update :D

Andy

NO MORE GUESSING - period!

The trade is now in profit by 40 or so points and that can be banked now regardless of the FOMC or yoou can wait for more and move your stop up :LOL:

Well played laptop1

Have a good day everyone i'm off to bed ...... got a cold :(

good to hear from you again laptop...
just wondering, on what basis exactly are you talking a long position?
based on the charts? news? something totally exotic?

Hi Firewalker

This trade is a simple up trend with yesterdays weak one day sell off, based on that I am looking for continuaion of the up trend so nothing fancy. Note most are looking to go short her at the 50% Fib and most are worng most of the time.

MEN IN BLACK, wot they up to

Hot whiskey and water - sweats it out of one in no time
Hot bottle too if you got one !
Hot girl XXXXXXXXXXX

Hi Pat,

Could need all 3 a few times over if Fed don"t produce the goodies, those

MEN IN BLACK could be fishing us in :cool: :LOL: :LOL:

'I think the market will get the treat' of a rate cut.
— John Derrick, U.S. Global Investors

Andy AKA

Last edited:
Hi Firewalker

This trade is a simple up trend with yesterdays weak one day sell off, based on that I am looking for continuaion of the up trend so nothing fancy. Note most are looking to go short her at the 50% Fib and most are worng most of the time.

Spot on Laptop - wafting up till 6.15 and then @@@@XXZZ ??

Hi Andy,
Never mind those guys just concentrate on the price imho

Just a fat finger away now....

Ftse Magic ..........
Bigger story is it's approaching 750 for the FOURTH time ...
Should be interesting to see what happens..

C.V. - Man flu !!! :)

Hi Firewalker

seems like it's running very nice :)
I wasn't questioning your longs (on the contrary), but I was more asking myself why the "2-3 days timeframe target"?

wow as I speak I'm just seeing a 70-point spike appear :eek: :eek:

long 13800 fut (with severe slippage unfortunately!)
picking up the spike

edit: used a market order and got filled at 13815 :confused: