Dow 2007

IMHO good entry Tricks, my 5 min setting up to look good for a retracement, not quite there yet. I entered my trade to early

Last edited:
Just got emailed 2 order tickets - one placing the limit to enter, the other confirming execution of the long trade. So part of their system is working.

It confirms a long entry at 67, so as long as the market stays above that until the close (its a daily contract expiring 9pm London time) I'm fine.

Okay, could one of the reclusive millionaires who posts on T2W place a couple hundred YM buy orders at 13570 please?

When trading the Dow cash.....particular attention should be paid to certain numbers.....32....64....whole hundreds....these numbers often are in play intraday as supports resistances.....a whole practicle strategy can be worked out to take advantage around these areas.....observe and all will be revealed...

cv

Based on this H&S reversal I've gone long @ 13428, SL @ 13380.

Will leave it alone hopefuly until close this evening...

Trading on pure technics. :rolleyes:

It is such a wonderful feeling to have some nice food and play a little le footeball out in the garden with the kids and to come back to a profit position. :LOL:

It seemed to be coming off it's highs so I've now closed the long position @13543 for +25.

The DOW seems to be spending most of it's time above 400 so if it breaches this 460 then I'm sure 500+ should be in target.

Don't know if closing my position was premature but better to lock up those pips then let them get trodden on.

When trading the Dow cash.....particular attention should be paid to certain numbers.....32....64....whole hundreds....these numbers often are in play intraday as supports resistances.....a whole practicle strategy can be worked out to take advantage around these areas.....observe and all will be revealed...

cv

CV
very interesting...I was once told by a veteran old boy floor trader about 32 and 64....he claimed it had something to do with the fact years ago the trading day was divided into 3 sessions.....not sure how much truth in that though....but ever since I've watched those numbers and they do have some validity

cheers

I'm panicking even more. See my last 2 posts. The market is coming back to my entry and I have not received flat confirmation from TradIndex. Help!

cv

I had read that somewhere else on these forums, and that was an additional piece of evidence in favour of my long from 67, in addition to my main system.

TradIndex still haven't filled me, but the market has never traded below my entry so I don't see how they could give me a loss for this trade.

We just hit that 50% there...

Hi guys, thank you for your comments and here is an update to that 4 hr H&S chart.

I've put the fib retrace on their and it's amazing that CV comments about 32 & 64 and FW pointing out 50% looks like it's on 13460 give or take 4 points.

This area between 460 & 500 will be a scrap I guess. The H&S theory says it should touch 600 before turning but obviously I didn't have the staying power to see it through.

In fact reflecting on the trade today sitting out until about 5 o'clock really helped to see the moves up and down and back again determining the direction. Now as it is holding 450 I feel it will move to the up side.

Oh well as I'm writing this I see it shoot by 13460 and I have already lost out on more potential pips.

Is anyone still going in short? Steve your 470 looks good from here...

Attachments

• US30 Cash.png
    US30 Cash.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 105
Just called them back, and they confirm that they will put it through at that level when they get their systems back up...perhaps I'm making a little too much out of this.

However, I seemed to get a decent trade in there, and it should be a good start to what I hope will be a good week.

yes, it's the obvious pullback before continuation up

Yes, there was a 5 minute pin bar and Tick never convincingly broke below zero.

I got a nice little trade in there. Had I been able to, I would have added to it on the last bar (after the pin bar formed).

Cash or Futures?

Dinos did specify, but Atilla did not. I think it should be required that one state either Cash or Futures(Month) for every live trade call. It can get just a little confusing, especially when looking over older threads. Perhaps we could have a (C) Smilie for Cash, and (F) for futures so that people could just click on one or the other in the Smilie menu before posting.

I've done OK today using a combination of 1/5/10min charts, watching for cross overs on the 100ma confirmed by MACD, Scholastic and RSI.

Up 38pts in 3 trades on the long side, I just presume the trend is my friend and it cannot last :devilish:

Dinos did specify, but Atilla did not. I think it should be required that one state either Cash or Futures(Month) for every live trade call. It can get just a little confusing, especially when looking over older threads. Perhaps we could have a (C) Smilie for Cash, and (F) for futures so that people could just click on one or the other in the Smilie menu before posting.

mine is cash short 70 ll