Dow 2006

Hook Shot said:
When I'm as sharp as you I'll have reason to celebrate.... When we're as sharp as RACER well one step at a time :D
always good to aim for something
there is always someone smarter and sharper round the corner

Quiite so Andy

FC looks likely we'll be robbed of the windfall.......... but Ftse should go poz after the official close probably ....

ah, no matter. worth a try. was a good value position.

it usually is after a huge intial sell-off or bounce.. quite often it will be trading sub-10, with most of the day still to run.

FetteredChinos said:
ah, no matter. worth a try. was a good value position.

I do not know if anyone here uses the spread betting firms or not but at the time Fettered Chinos made the original comment that he felt the FTSE 100 might close up; IG Index were quoting the FTSE Daily at 2 to finish up.

Simply put, for a risk of £20 (2 x £10) the potential profit had it finished in positive territory would have been £980 ie. 100 - 2 x £10. Not bad for an out an out punt.

Looks like the fun's over ................with just over an hour to go can't see much more upside in Dow and slippage should be contained.

If it wants to prove me wrong my long dax will benefit........ in fact providing it doesn't give up the ghost my dax should benefit into monday....

LION63 said:
I do not know if anyone here uses the spread betting firms or not but at the time Fettered Chinos made the original comment that he felt the FTSE 100 might close up; IG Index were quoting the FTSE Daily at 2 to finish up.

Simply put, for a risk of £20 (2 x £10) the potential profit had it finished in positive territory would have been £980 ie. 100 - 2 x £10. Not bad for an out an out punt.

I saw that which is why I dived in and thanked him for it.......

While its quiet, I'd just like to say thanks for those who took the time to rate my posts on this thread & added some feed back...Its appreachated :)

Was that red salmon I just seen swim passed there ? Let me see, maybe I can obtain a better view from a different angle, ok now I will sit and observe from this location and wait until the next time it rises. Hmmm, it was only a rainbow trout, I prefer red salmon.

Had a nice few shorts on DAX today.

It did break a support of 6380 at some point... think it will test it again, and if broken could be looking at a significant move down.

On the other hand, for any upside there's a tough break above 6430...

Racer said:
I think we are in for a very flat market after 18:00 UK time today :)

You're kidding us Racer........ any news on N225 ?

Oops no sooner said than he's gone - why does that happen ?

karmit said:
Had a nice few shorts on DAX today.

It did break a support of 6380 at some point... think it will test it again, and if broken could be looking at a significant move down.

On the other hand, for any upside there's a tough break above 6430...

Karmit dax is interesting as holding in despite dow easing off in last 10/15mins.....
You're right there should be some easy money for a test of 425/30 monday with price now 390.

Dream is some slippage pre trade which gives buy closer to friday's lows for a low risk recovery play........ Lets see what sunday night brings.

Hook Shot said:
Karmit dax is interesting as holding in despite dow easing off in last 10/15mins.....
You're right there should be some easy money for a test of 425/30 monday with price now 390.

Dream is some slippage pre trade which gives buy closer to friday's lows for a low risk recovery play........ Lets see what sunday night brings.

Yes.. could be a nice long scalp Mon morning, for the moment I'm out of my last short
at 6381... enough for the day :)

Time for a nice beer(s) before settling down for an all night session of Ashes. Not very pleasant
viewing at the moment I admit - but you never know when the trend reverses!!

karmit said:
Yes.. could be a nice long scalp Mon morning, for the moment I'm out of my last short
at 6381... enough for the day :)

Time for a nice beer(s) before settling down for an all night session of Ashes. Not very pleasant
viewing at the moment I admit - but you never know when the trend reverses!!

1981............ Bob Willis & Ian Botham unforgettable is there a cricket room on here there must be other fans around ?

Anyone see Dax is called down around 33 ....... thats around 13pts above the low of the week.

Also vix gapped higher and didn't give much back..........